Thread: Hotel Hot Tub

Hotel Hot Tub

I was traveling on business last week and decided to give the hotel's hot tub a try. For a bathing suit I wore a pair of bright pink, side-tie bikini bottoms. It was about 10:00 at night and I figured that nobody else was likely to come and use the pool or hot tub so I would have it to myself.

I went to the pool and hot tub room wearing a robe over my bathing suit. I didn't see anyone in the room so I took off my robe and climbed down into the hot tub. I had a magazine with me so I turned around backwards, laid it flat on the deck, and started to read.

I had been only there about 10 minutes when all of the sudden I heard whistling (not a cat-call whistle - but someone whistling a song). My heart jumped into my throat! I turned and looked over my shoulder and there was the hotel manager walking toward me! I about died! As he got closer he simply smiled and said "Hi" and then walked over to the little trap door by the hot tub where the filter is. He knelt down, lifted the trap door, and started fiddling with something down inside.

I didn't know what to do. He was only about ten feet away from me and there I was in my pink bikini bottoms. The hot tub jets were not running and the water was clear so it was easy to see what I was wearing.

Finally I said to him, "I didn't think anyone else was here". He just smiled at me and said something like "yep."

After awhile he finished what he was doing and got up and left. I was so embarassed.

About half an hour later I was still there and I heard the door to the pool room open. I looked back over my should and to my horror an entire family came in! It was a dad, two boys, their sister (who looked older) and a little girl. I was shocked! What in the heck were they doing here at 10:45 at night!?!? The bathing suit I was wearing fully covered me and I wasn't doing anything inappropriate, but it kind of frazzled me.

At first I considered getting out of the hot tub and leaving but I would have had to walk across the pool deck to get my towel and I figured that would be worse then staying where I was. So I tried to make myself as small as possible and turned back around and continued to read my magazine.

The family played around in the pool for awhile making a bunch of noise. The two boys kept running around the pool deck and everytime they came near the hot tub my heart strated racing.

I'm sure that they were able to see what I was wearing but from the noise they were making they didn't appear to make anything of it. After awhile they started talking about what time it was. The girl yeld out "Hey mister - do you know what time it is?" I looked back at them and just said "No I don't. Sorry."

After awhile they finally got out, dried off and left. I was relieved and a little while later I got out and left too.

The hotel manager I could deal with, but I certainly wasn't expecting an entire family to come in to use the pool at 10:45 at night.

When you go out to a public place, expect to be seen.

When you go to a hotel swimming pool at 10:00 p.m., expect it to be busy to a certain extent until the pool closes. Especially in a place where families go, kids have boundless energy and despite a day full of activity, there's always energy for the mandatory pool visit, even late at night.

That said, your post reads like you were in guy mode presenting in a woman's bikini bottom only with clear trepidation in being seen by anyone. Personally, I don't think that was such a smart thing to do, more exhibitionistic than tg IMHO. My suggestion, wear a speedo next time.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

also dump a half gallon of chlorine in the hot tub 1/2 hr before getting in it...never know what is growing there.

have fun...but you already did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    My suggestion, wear a speedo next time.
    While I would have a tendency to agree with Sara, I wouldn't worry about the speedo. Just depends on your comfort level. If you were as uncomfortable as it sounds, then maybe a plain bikini bottom that LOOKS like a speedo next time. I have done "guy mode" many times on the road and done mallots and bikini's but kept to dark "hide-able" colors. Now I'll admit, a one piece you aren't going to hide, but if your in a "don't care" mood, well... Another option are ladies surfer shorts. Mid to upper-thigh usually in length and look "just like" guys...but shorter...and only you will know. And for surfer shorts, any wild color is acceptable... pink/blues/black/etc. I wear these a lot when I need to do "guy-mode". Her first line is important...expect to be seen. If your not, then only you enjoyed the moment. If you are, then who ever sees you will quite often depend on YOUR comfort level to determine THEIR comfort level. Oh...and be prepared to be considered "gay" by the uninformed public...

Jenn

I have to agree with the others if you go to a public hot tub or pool you will most likely be seen. My wife and I went to a very large hotel this past summer. It was 12:30 am. The pool was open until 1:30am. Being so late I wore a one piece female suit. my wife did also. Don't have the figure for a two piece. Anyway, We were in the hot tub about 15 minutes when two other couples came outside and headed for the tub. I had only a little makeup on, lipstick showed but not much else. My heart almost stopped when they all got in the tub with us. Then started talking, I thought for sure that I was going to be noticed. I could not believe that even when I was forced to answer a question no one even took a second look at me. THe truth be told I know several of the people in this forum who have had the same thing happen in hot tubs and pools. Just about all were seen and nothing happened.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar

tiny bubbles

Makes me wonder if the Manager saw you on a security camera and decided to go check the filter or whatever...and as for the others, they had just as much right to be there as you and as long as you didn't do anything wrong all they will say to whoever wants to listen is they saw some guy at a hotel in a pink bikini in a hot tub (Who they don't know and will not ever see again). Maybe the people they tell will ask "What hotel is it? and was the water hot?".
    April
    May the lord know those that don't love us so he may turn their hearts or at least their ankle so we'll know em by their limp.

You take the urban noise with some Durbin Poison.
    Its gonna lessen your load.....

This year I have been to the pool and hot tubs 3 times with my friend here, Cissy. Never had a problem with anyone there nor the management. Once at the hotel hot tub a Mom and her young daughters came to use the pool. I was looking for any reaction and there were none. We left to go back to the room to shower and get ready to go out for dinner just when Dad got there. As for what you should wear to the pool/hot tub area, wear what you like. You are an adult and as long as you don't do anything wrong you have just as much right to be there as anyone else. Enjoy those special moments. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Two thoughts... one when you are in public, you have to expect the public to be there. Secondly, you are best off pretending nothing is wrong, you should be able to get up and walk over to get your towel without being embarrased. If anyone comments on the bikini, you just say, 'is there something wrong with that?'...if you need an excuse, say, 'they were all sold out of the mens... I left the top in my room'. I bet the manager was checking to see if you were a topless female.
    Chickie

That will learn you about thinking. When you go out in public, you should be ready to see people and you certainly did.
    Michelle