Thread: Blowout

Blowout

Hi y'all,
    I just want to relate something that happened to me weekend before last weekend as an example of what can and will happen to us when we go out and see if anybody has any similar experiences or suggestions. My wife had gone out of town for the Saturday night and I made plans to get dolled up and go with a friend to the closest TG friendly club and see a drag show. It was about an hour drive for me and about halfway I felt my right front tire going down. Now it is after 8 PM, dark , and I am on an interstate type highway. Luckily there was a bridge overpass coming up and a wide shoulder, so I pulled off there and pulled myself together. I took my hair off and slipped a tshirt and a pair of jeans on over my dress and put on tennis shoes. Luckily I have these items in the car because most of the time that's how I leave my house. Neighbors are close , so I get dressed fully (no nails or jewelry yet) and put my male clothes on over. I have my wig in the passenger seat ready to go when I get out of town as well as accessories and I have even started putting press on nails on in the car. Anyway, to finish up the experience, cars were whizzing by me at 75 and really provided enough light for me to get the tire changed, along with a small flashlight and my car lights. Got back in the car, put some sanitizer on my hands and in a while had my male clothes off and hair and flats back on ( I had heels to put on when I got to my destination). That was it, I just had to hold my speed down with the donut tire, though I was anxious to get to town. One more thing, my friend hadn't eaten and I offered to stop and pick something up on the way in. This was my first drive through experience en femme and it went smooth, although I think the young clerk brought his friend up to see me as he brought the food. You never know what is going to happen when you go out. I just started last year, but it has been an adventure so far.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Sounds like you handled that just fine. I would probably have just stood at the roadside looking doleful
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I wanted to mention a couple more things that my friends on Yahoo had brought up. Besides the change of clothes I had it is a good idea to have a baseball cap and some makeup wipes handy. Had anyone stopped to help me I would have looked really oddd to them in full makeup.

That's why I have AAA!! They are more than happy to change my tire especially when I'm dressed up! Plus I'm a really good tipper which is kind of like paying for acceptance but in the past it has worked well for both parties! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    That's why I have AAA!! They are more than happy to change my tire especially when I'm dressed up! Plus I'm a really good tipper which is kind of like paying for acceptance but in the past it has worked well for both parties! Lol.

May have to rethink the AAA membership. I use to drive for them and swore I would never get a membership but, now that may come in handy just not to have to change clothes.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I have AAA too. They've been pretty nice when I've called them. So it's been well worth the membership.
    [SIZE="3"]
    Hugs,
    Cassie

In the great words of Popeye: "I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam,"
    [/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy V View Post
    You never know what is going to happen when you go out. I just started last year, but it has been an adventure so far.
    Congratulations, I think you handled it very well. It's never happened to me yet, but I just know one day somethings going to happen to me too. I mostly go out with my wife, but from time to time I do find myself driving fairly long distances, on my own and I never take any boy clothes. I figure that if I was transitioning (I'm not) then I wouldn't have any either so I think it's cheating if I do. I'm still waiting for the baptism of fire!

AAA is a good idea ... that's if you have the time to hang around for 45 minutes waiting for them to show up. If I was dressed casually, I'd rather change the tire myself (even in girl mode) and be on my way in less than 10 minutes. I could always wash my hands at the nearest fast food restaurant restroom. However, if I was wearing a nice dress and high heels then I guess AAA would be better.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

God, I went through almost the exact same thing last month. I had a tire blow out on the way back from a support group meeting (an hour's drive), and I limped into a commuter train station parking lot that had good lighting. I am all dolled up, and a cop in an ummarked Ford Excursion pulls up besides me and sits there for 10 minutes, then leaves after I waved him off. . Once he left, I switched to my civvies (my guy wardrobe) behind some pine trees, I used my small 2 AA Maglite to figure out where to put the scissor jack under my Subaru Outback. It was about 11pm. and changed the tire.

You did awesome - I would have been so scared I'd be dropping the lugs all over the place. I haven't had the courage to step out en femme, outside of some rhinestone pants (Route 66, gah) and underclothes.