Thread: Innocence

Innocence

Up until we started to dress we were innocent in the ways of the world. But when we slipped on our first item of womans clothing on, it changed us for good or bad. Do you think that we lost our innocence in that one action ?

Over to you now.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Huh ???????? I'm not sure what you are asking. Is this philosopical or retorical ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I was very young when I first put on something of my mom's. I don't think at that moment I lost my innocence because I did not even understand why I did it.

Platinum Member
    I think I see what you're getting at. I know that even as a little kid, I felt there was something "wrong" with wanting to be a girl/dress like a girl.

Hey, I'm still innocent...

(That's my story and I'm sticking with it... Especially if my wife asks!)
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I don't think that I lost my innocence at that moment, but I think it set a series of events in motion which started with guilt, deceit and hiding
    Michelle

I did not lose my innocence until I was thirty. Ir was only then that I began to discern that not everyone was sweet, kind, loveable, trust-worthy ...

In a sense, I am still naive ... I now choose to look for the good in people, rather than the bad ... many of my closest friends cannot fathom me.

Crossdressing had nothing to do with it.

i think whenever you had your first sexual experince dressed whatever that might be you lost your inocence

Clayfish is on to something. I don't think it has anything to do with gender, or even sexuality. I suppose it's when a person reaches certain conclusions about the human condition.

But isn't the concept of innocence, as opposed to sin, or misanthropy or whatever, really just a dogma that isn't making us one bit more enlightened than the rest?

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Let me give this a try:

There is a type of innocence in a single-gendered male life. How many times have you heard, "I'll never understand women!"? In many ways my life was so much simpler before my wife and I discovered Tina. I washed with soap, not facial cleanser. Moisturizer? Lip Balm? And what the heck was make-up, really? I walked without thinking about how that was done. I sat with my legs anyway I wanted. I had this wonderful bass voice and never worried about any other voice. And how much money has been expended because of this Tina person? How much time have I spent reading, studying, practicing, dieting!!!

Innocent....I sure was!

I'm not complaining, mind you. I think this loss of innocence was a terrific thing. I now understand so much more of what is around me, I'm healthier, and much more content with understanding who I am

My crossdressing has had no influence on my level of innocence, it might be that because I started at an early age so just viewed the clothes in question as "just clothes". But if you would like to point the finger at a culprit or two that have had a marked effect upon my innocence then the two I would choose would be the media in general, but mainly the television which has managed to errode my innocence no end and secondly working with the general public in my professional capacity. For the most part I try to remain innocent and see the best in others, but it can be a real test at times

Im innocent still. . . . at least in the ways of dressing. . .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I'm guessing the OP was referring to "CD innocence"!?

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    In a sense, I am still naive ... I now choose to look for the good in people, rather than the bad ... many of my closest friends cannot fathom me.

Crossdressing had nothing to do with it.
    I agree Clayfish! I lost my innocence so long ago, I CAN'T remember when!
    But, I'm STILL naive in my 60's!

Quote Originally Posted by ginafaye View Post
    i think whenever you had your first sexual experince dressed whatever that might be you lost your inocence
    Since I technically started dressing AFTER age 50, I expect I lost my "CD innocence" around the FIRST TIME I dressed up all the way!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You only lose your innocence when you sever all ties to your simple childhood fantasys, hopes and dreams and enter a grownup world of dog-eat-dog and cut-throats.

Never let go of that childhood innocence and simplicity. Robin Williams did a great job in playing a grown up Peter Pan that found his way back in "Hook".
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I'm a MTF TS, and and very much innocent, I'm a caring gentle person, and only started to feel bad after my parents found out about my crossdressing, and they were telling me it was a sin, etc...

When I was a kid I already knew how evil people could be. -_- I never got to play dress-up with Mommy's shoes because I was too busy crying in the bathroom trying to pull the mud out of my hair. It wasn't until college that I could escape the bullies long enough to realize that maybe I'm actually a human being with some kind of emotion other than sad.

So I suppose my innocence was lost in first grade. ^^;

Hrmm...I wasn't innocent from second grade since I was the class bully target. Though, you might mean innocence in the terms of realizing something was "off" about me, as many "normal" people would have put it. Hrmm...I never questioned it until I got caught when I was a little kid. When I realized I did it because it made me feel at peace and comfortable...it scared the living Hell out of me and I buried it for about a decade until a series of events made me remember those feelings. Since then, I've been exploring these feelings by constantly questioning my feelings and delving into them as they arise.
    If I don't make changes happen for a better tomorrow, then who will?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by dominique
    Up until we started to dress we were innocent in the ways of the world. But when we slipped on our first item of womans clothing on, it changed us for good or bad.
    [SIZE="2"]For some reason I wrote about innocence the other day, in another part of the site:

"Innocence is a myth. I hear this word all the time, or I read it, wondering aloud if I’ve ever seen or experienced innocence. Was I ever innocent? I must have been, but as soon as everyone realized how different I was, I became not so innocent. My innocent removal from how I was meant to be wasn’t even a conscious decision. I just was, because I am this way. These days I can dress up as the most innocent girl on the block, but it’s an imposture. I see the beauty of this innocence, but it’s a myth. I’ve been forever cast out from the garden of harmlessness. I’m not guiltless, but I perfect a guise of shyness that hides the truth. I feel older all the time, getting further and further away from that brief sunny period in my youth, a time when I could ask about things and get a compassionate answer. Nowadays, when I ask, “Why can’t I do that, mommy?” all I get is silence, or a glare, or both. I’ve given up asking. I rely on myself for the answers, but I don’t know any better. Maybe I am the myth."[/SIZE]

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by dominique
    Do you think that we lost our innocence in that one action?
    [SIZE="2"]Frédérique just has to respond to Dominique!

I was corrupted BIG TIME way before I ever slipped on my first article of female clothing. I recall being innocent, way back when, but this innocence was shattered when I first went to grade school. My neighborhood friends were separated from me and put into special classes, so I learned all about learning disabilities, segregation, and the differences between people - things went rapidly downhill from there. I could not be “me” out in the world, so I tucked myself away more and more, while my classmates picked on me for being different. You could say that my eventual “flowering” via crossdressing was a return to innocence, a tacit turning-away from worldliness into a world of lost dreams. As such, I equate crossdressing with innocence, and eschew the adult associations others may make or embrace…
    [/SIZE]

What is innocence? I sure don't know. If it was the first time I had a dress on, that would be 4. If it was the first time I heard someone call me a sissy, that would be 6. If it was when I knew dressing was wrong, that would be at age 8. If it was the first time I knew there were people who could be the opposite sex through SRS, that would be 10. If it was the first time corning the cob in women's clothes, that would be 12. If it was the first time I heard someone threaten another kid for wearing girls clothes (not sure if they really were but they looked girly), that would be 13. If it was the first time someone else did my make-up for me, that would be 15. If it was the first time I slept with a woman while in drag, that would be 19. If it is the first time I went out of the house fully dressed, that would be 20. If it wasn't one of those, I have a whole list of other events to make up the next 25 years of my life...

Quote Originally Posted by Asako View Post
    Hrmm...I wasn't innocent from second grade since I was the class bully target. Though, you might mean innocence in the terms of realizing something was "off" about me, as many "normal" people would have put it. Hrmm...I never questioned it until I got caught when I was a little kid. When I realized I did it because it made me feel at peace and comfortable...it scared the living Hell out of me and I buried it for about a decade until a series of events made me remember those feelings. Since then, I've been exploring these feelings by constantly questioning my feelings and delving into them as they arise.
    Hmmmm, you know I kinda feel the same way. I remember being a little kid, maybe six or seven. I was completely naked and looking in a mirror and I thought "I wish I was a girl. Girls are cuter." Never really occurred to me to try stuff out or put stuff on. I guess it was a passing thing. Things were so hard for me that the idea of something being "off" about me was kind of a given. My parents called me weird and people at school mocked me so I guess I never considered that offness with anything in particular.

Looking back now, I wonder if seeing myself as a girl might have changed things... I think I would have had better excuses for why I acted the way I did.