Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Certainly got the heartrate up!

Certainly got the heartrate up!

Just a little thing that happened to me last night.

I had a long drive late at night, so decided to dress for the drive. When I finally got to the jobsite I was going to and pulled into the empty parking lot just off the street, I needed to change before going in. It was late at night and dark, so I did what we've all done: a quick change in the front seat of the car.

Things were going well at first. Well, they were until I just about the worst possible moment. There I was with my dress and slip off, sitting in the front seat of the car wearing nothing but panties and hose, a lacy bra and forms when blue police lights came on right behind my car!!!

Although I was doing nothing illegal by changing in the car, I wasn't looking forward to the conversation with the police officer.

Well, after 30 seconds of panic I realized I was very lucky. The police car was NOT there for me, he had pulled somebody over for a traffic violation and they'd pulled into the parking lot before stopping. The police car and other car were less than 10' behind me as I continued changing in the flashing blue strobes of his lights.

Perhaps sometime today my heartrate will finally drop back to normal...
    Last edited by Cristi; 10-23-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: typos
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Lol. Bet if he was there for you... You'd be a star on the next episode of Cops!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Wow! yeah I'd be freaking out as well for sure! just glad he wasnt there for you.
    My theme song........."Cherry Lips" by Garbage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaUZkf52fs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know there's another thread going on regarding "quick changing" but this situation demands the following advice: If you are in your car and you strip down to your undies (whatever that might be), don't just "sit there". Have your clothing right at hand to put it on IMMEDIATELY. When dealing with a bra, because it's hard to slouch down enough to be totally invisible, get that done in mere seconds, even if you have to put on your top before hooking the clasp.

This is common sense. While changing your clothes in the car is hardly illegal from what I'm guessing, getting caught with your pants down in the car could bring other issues (ie - lewd conduct in public???), especially if you are sitting there in woman's underwear.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have not and WILL NOT, change clothes in my car! Your post is ONE good reason NOT TO, Cristi!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I was caught by a police car once. I was in a remote part of a wilderness area, across a fence from a highway .. probably poor judgement on my part, I wouldn't be surprised to see this area being a prime spot for couples making out.

Anyway, a police vehicle drove down the driveway to where I was. I was in the backseat, changing, and as he pulled up and turned on his lights, I quickly pulled on my sweatpants, thanking God that I had been smart enough to have everything at the ready.

He walked up (it was still daylight) and I rolled down my window. He asked what was going on, and I told him that I was changing from my work clothing to jogging stuff .. it helped that I had put away the bra and forms already :-)

I asked if it was a problem that I changed here, and he told me that no, it isn't a problem, that he wouldn't want to change in the bathrooms there, either. He said he checked because of the possibility that I wasn't "alone", and when he saw that I was, he had no beef with what I was doing.

Your mileage may vary of course ... this was in Eagan, Minnesota, and it was a local police officer, not state trooper or park police. I think if you're polite, you're halfway there to having no problems changing in the car... aside from the discomfort of wriggling into your lingerie in the backseat, of course.

Under almost any circumstances, it can be scary when those blue lights start blinking (unless you're in K-Mart and they are announcing a "special"). When you're changing, it is especially scary when an officer of the law is involved (whether it's illegal or not).
    I'm glad that things worked out well for you.
    warmly, Linnea

I think it was a big mistake posting anything here....sorry..
    Last edited by Karen564; 10-23-2010 at 05:56 PM.
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Karen564 View Post
    My heart really goes out to you guy's,
    it's horrible what you have to go through just to get dressed !

Yes, I can still remember how that was.....
    I'm going to post this comment on two threads because there are two reactions that are quite similar.

Yes, it sucks.

But as is often said, "it is what it is".

We all have different situations and have to make the best of it. There's nothing horrible about it, we just deal. Some of us use the car, others a public restroom, or whatever. We do what we have to do in order to get out into this big wide wonderful world of ours. It's far from ideal but if one is careful and has their routine down pat, the chance for any issues should be diminished.

I change on the fly mostly for the sake of my kids. I can deal with any fallout should I be "outed", as can my wife. We're adults. But children? It wouldn't be fair to them to have to explain things as they're growing up.

Again, it is what it is.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    I'm going to post this comment on two threads because there are two reactions that are quite similar.
    I'm sorry Sara, I mean no disrespect, & had I known about Steph's comment, I wouldn't of posted mine as I did....
    I just read her post after you mentioned it, & I see they really are so similar that it was freaky weird..but guess we were just thinking alike for some reason, and like I mentioned, I do remember how it is...because I was in that very same boat once upon a time .
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Well, I dress in the car almost every day and then change again when I get closer to my work (45 minutes each way). I would have been scared sh**less. I know it isn't illegal but I don't think I am ready for any questions from someone I don't know and especially from the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen564 View Post
    I'm sorry Sara, I mean no disrespect, & had I known about Steph's comment, I wouldn't of posted mine as I did....
    I just read her post after you mentioned it, & I see they really are so similar that it was freaky weird..but guess we were just thinking alike for some reason, and like I mentioned, I do remember how it is...because I was in that very same boat once upon a time .
    No worries at all Karen. Your post was far from a "mistake" and yes, I agree the similarities in yours and Stephanie's posts is kind of eerie. I know you understand where we're coming from. The entire situation is far from ideal but ya know, we do what we gotta do!!! I guess my point is there's nothing to perceive as negative about the whole thing.
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 10-23-2010 at 06:28 PM.

In Cristi's situation, I'm not so sure about the "nothing illegal" opinion. I think the cop would have some discretionary latitude, and could, if he were so inclined, bust you for indecent exposure or lewdness or something if he caught you wearing only women's underwear. I've changed in my car a gazillion times, so I'm not dissing you, but if I have to peel down to undies, I make damn sure to get some more clothes on within a matter of seconds, not minutes. After that, let John Law look all he wants cuz I am well within my rights to dress as any gender I please.

Ill bet your life was really gonna change forever,but youre willing to take the risk knowing you might get caught. Isnt that part of being risque and makes it even better.I think its that natural high you get. were all gonna get caught, eventually !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sherri View Post
    In Cristi's situation, I'm not so sure about the "nothing illegal" opinion. I think the cop would have some discretionary latitude, and could, if he were so inclined, bust you for indecent exposure or lewdness or something if he caught you wearing only women's underwear. I've changed in my car a gazillion times, so I'm not dissing you, but if I have to peel down to undies, I make damn sure to get some more clothes on within a matter of seconds, not minutes.
    Yeah, I certainly don't 'linger' in my undies while changing, but there are always going to be a few moments when I am right in between... and his timing couldn't have been more perfect!

At least in my state, Vermont, there are NO laws about public nudity (and that fact has gotten enough press that the police are very aware of that fact). The only thing they can really 'get' you for is lewdness, which he'd have a tough time proving if I was in a dark car in an empty parking lot! Not that just the charge, whether it stuck or not, wouldn't be enough to shake up my life a bit.

Strangely enough, I'm thinking that walking down main street totally nude would get me in LESS trouble than being caught in my car mid-change if the officer wasn't willing to be open minded about what was going on because the 'public nudity' laws (or lack of) have been tested many times.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Gold Member
    Cristi, aren't you glad you didn't here "Ma'am, I think you have been drinking. Please step out of the car."

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    I guess the crossdresser in the other car - the one the officer pulled over just behind you - wasn't so lucky

Yep that would do it for me too.
    Michelle

A different encounter with the law

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Cristi, aren't you glad you didn't here "Ma'am, I think you have been drinking. Please step out of the car."
    Try this on for size -

One Saturday I was enjoying myself sitting on a bench in the front yard drinking wine while wearing a dress. I had too many glasses of wine, but I went for a walk carrying my purse that contained my wallet and keys.

I get busted for public intoxication by two female officers, and get carted down to jail, when I changed into a jumpsuit.

Then on Sunday I get bailed out, and then I have to put my street clothes on, which is the dress, panties, and women's sandals along with my purse, Then I have to ask a jail guard which bondsman bailed me out. I had to walk past visitors and across the street to the bondsman.

Then I call my wife - she says she will come get me "after I put my pants on".

I forgot to ask for my medicine - I had to walk back to the jail, past the visitors, and ask the same guard for my medicine.

I had a rule of no drinking before driving. I just adopted a new rule - no drinking before walking publicly!
    Last edited by JohnH; 10-29-2010 at 08:22 AM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I have to9 agree with Karren, I will be watching in earnest. Now as your mother always told you, make sure you have clean panties on before you leave the house. I hope they still are. LOL

Where I live, you are considered to be in a public place when in your car. So, if it is legal to strip naked and change in a public place you should be okay to do it in your car.... given that's not usually the case, if you do change in your car, keep covered up with your jacket or blanket and doors locked so you are not exposing yourself or caught off-gaurd. Good idea to insist on changing before you make your trip downtown too...
    Chickie

JohnH, wow. If that happened to me I may have attacked one of the cops and hope they would have shot me. My girlfriend would have told everyone we know.
    About 15 years ago. I was sitting outside of a bar for about 15 minutes or so trying to decide if I should go inside or not. A cop pulls in and stops in front of my car. He asks me for my ID and what I was doing there. I said I was trying to decide to go in or not. He went to his car and in like 5 minutes 2 more cop cars showed up. They told me to get out and asked if they could search my car. As one searched my car the one cop said I should go see a doctor, their is something wrong with me. I didn't say a word. After they searched my car, they told me I could go.

Well, if we see you on Cops, we know you ran into the narrow minded officer. Be careful and have fun. I know my heart would have exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by KristyPa View Post
    JohnH, wow. If that happened to me I may have attacked one of the cops and hope they would have shot me. My girlfriend would have told everyone we know.
    About 15 years ago. I was sitting outside of a bar for about 15 minutes or so trying to decide if I should go inside or not. A cop pulls in and stops in front of my car. He asks me for my ID and what I was doing there. I said I was trying to decide to go in or not. He went to his car and in like 5 minutes 2 more cop cars showed up. They told me to get out and asked if they could search my car. As one searched my car the one cop said I should go see a doctor, their is something wrong with me. I didn't say a word. After they searched my car, they told me I could go.
    It's not clear if you were dressed enfemme when you had the encountered with the cops. If you were, all I can say is things sure have changed in the last 15 years.

The arresting officers were women, and I would not want to attack a woman. Even though I was drunk I did not want additional charges for assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest.

The weird thing about my experience is that no one made me feel embarrassed nor was I harassed for wearing the dress and accessories, and at no time did I feel threatened at all.
    Last edited by JohnH; 11-04-2010 at 05:11 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

JohnH, I was joking about attacking the cops. I was dressed fully as a women, nothing so called crazy.