Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is it like after she is gone?

going on 25 years now and still get a bit lonely and the bed is cold at night.
    but one just makes life out of the worst things, you will hurt. nothing to change that. just learn to get on with life and not to let the thoughts drag you down.

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    I don't have any advice.just wanted to say I'm sorry it has come to that :/

Lot's of different reactions in the posts. You will have to find your happy place. When I separated from a 35 year marriage I dressed alot because I could. Then I went through a phase of only once in a while. I missed the femme me and started again with a vengance. After dressing a lot and my girl friend finding out we took it to a new level, very happy. We broke up and I'm looking for a partner again. For now I am trying to find the real me. I dress more in bra, panties, jeans, and tees more than ever before and am happy with the casual femme more than the dress and skirt femme. As I sit here and write this I am in a satin evening dress, makeup, panty hose, and 5" heels. It's just what I felt like wearing right now. I dress for my mood, a true luxery of being single. I will have to find a special woman this time to be with, one who knows who I am now. Good luck in finding the new you. Just be happy!

I went through the same thing 3 years ago.
    If, like me you have no feelings for her then missing her will not be a problem. My wife was a b***h.
    But, having said that, I still had to readjust to life alone, even though I am a bit of a loner anyway, and it took time.
    You ask if, wanting to be girlie all the time will fade. It did not fade for me. It is now a way of life and gives me a lot of happiness. [Yep, I’m always in panties. Black silk obviously]
    Your remark about deep down always wondering what life would be like if you were free is exactly how I used to think.
    So, as someone who is free now I can say that its all I hopped it would be and more.
    But we are all different, what works for some does not work for others.
    You have one thing going for you Amanda, you are a one very good looking girl.

All the best, SUZY

What is it like. DEPRESSING. I've been alone ever since; before she found out, there was always the slight belief that all the good things about me would be more than enough to overcome the crossdressing. It was only after the divorce that I realized how much crossdressing turns off any attraction for >99% of the women, whether it's before they date us or after. Knowing how slim the chances are of meeting anyone that will accept me, and facing a >99% automatic failure rate, not to mention the possibility of being outed, it's left me a sad and lonely person. Which, causes stress. Which, makes the urge to crossdress increase. So, yeah, I dress as a girl nearly every day, and once I'm dressed, the thought of changing back to guy mode is so much more depressing that I put off lots of tasks that require going out, because I want to stay in girl mode.
    OTOH, I have a nice income, don't have to worry about ever supporting a family so I can eat out whenever I want, have two nice cars, and lots of free time to indulge in my choice of spare time activities. Thanks to the internet, I have a nice wardrobe of pretty girl clothing, including shoes, for my gigantic feet, that fit. I clean my house when and if I want to, sleep whenever I want, have a living room full of expensive electronic gear, and fulfill my need for female companionship with regular trips to gogo bars where there is always a beautiful, nice young woman who will indulge me and treat me nice. Sure, some might consider it expensive; but considering what I lost in the divorce, it would still be cheap at twice the price. Life could be better, but it could also be worse.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.