Thread: The power of having an avatar!

The power of having an avatar!

You know for a while I didn't have an avatar on this forum. I was lazy I guess, but I was all distressed and stuff. So last weekend, trying to avoid homework, I went out and found an anime character that is a crossdresser and made her my avi.

And you know, I suddenly inexplicably feel really really good about myself! Go figure, right? Any thoughts on this madness? My view is that, in relation to a comment I made earlier, this impossible cartoonish look still gives me something to strive for. I mean look at that big hair! That's epic. <3

Well you did pick a cute one.
    Tina B.

Yes it is a cute avatar, but I know we'd love to see a picture of you someday

Quote Originally Posted by PuniPuni View Post
    I suddenly inexplicably feel really really good about myself! Go figure, right? Any thoughts on this madness?
    It's not madness. I suspect your avatar, although not a photo, is still public evidence of your girlness. That brings the good feeling. You're farther along than me; I still need to take and upload photos. My wife and I plan to work on makeup this weekend and upload...

I think your choice in avatar is good and reflects your current feelings. It is very studious. Nice selection.

It might be that the avitar is confirmation to your femme side that your done hiding her and she is becoming a little bit more of who you are.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Every time I see my avitar my heart sings.

She's not spoiled or anything LOL

Presh GG

Puni,
    I totally Love you avatar, it's an adorable pic, and if you can see yourself in that image then it's something tangible that you can hold onto as you explore the expression of your own inner girl. As a huge anime fan I find that I can really relate to many of the female characters in anime, as they often embody all the wonderful and magical traits that I associate with my feminine nature. My personal hero has always been Mahoro, and so I always choose her likeness for my avi on forums. If you ever want to chat about great anime role models let me know, would love to hear your perspective.
    [SIZE="3"]The Universe Is Love, Enjoy Your Time In It!!![/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Well I really didn't get into the movie but.....ohhhhh you mean the cute little pictures we put next to our posts! Silly me.

I think having an avatar is a great expression of who we feel we are. Presh is a cute kitty cat, you are a school girl with big hair and well I am in the vain camp and want to try to show of cute pictures of myself. Its all good clean fun. Well of course unless you post a naughty avatar and then the moderators will have their way with you.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Well I really didn't get into the movie but.....ohhhhh you mean the cute little pictures we put next to our posts! Silly me.

I think having an avatar is a great expression of who we feel we are. Presh is a cute kitty cat, you are a school girl with big hair and well I am in the vain camp and want to try to show of cute pictures of myself. Its all good clean fun. Well of course unless you post a naughty avatar and then the moderators will have their way with you.
    Oh, you mean like Avatar the avatar thingy, well then:

Gold Member
    My avatar has nice booty.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I don't know how mine turned out. I'm meaning for it to reflect not only my profession and passion for the sea, but also the unwillingness to stick with one defined gender and sacrifice the other. Plus, Hergé is awesome.

I just hope it doesn't scream "dude in a dress" too much.

I wish I could keep my pic up but there is too much chance to be recognized. Around here I would be considered a freak.

Makes perfect sense to me. Your avatar reflects a part of you that sometimes your real body is unable to show. Like my current one - I was feeling cute and silly and Halloween-ish when I chose it. I don't look that cute in real life, but sometimes I feel cute.

[SIZE="4"]Puni, yours is a very cute avatar. I have the same feelings about mine but I do like to change it now and again, as I did today!!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

My avatar doesn't have a picture, but i am working on it and hope to have one soon. I am not scared about being found out who i am because i TRUST everyone on this site. I will post my picture very soon.