Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merck Manual, Goldilocks Dress and Friday night

Merck Manual, Goldilocks Dress and Friday night

This is a rather long story but one with a great ending.
    The Merck Manual is a very popular medical reference journal. My wife and I work together in the medical field and keep a copy handy. A few weeks back I looked up the reference on transvestite and among the description of cross-dressing men is the sentence "When their partner is not cooperative they may feel anxiety, depression, guilt and shame associated with the desire to cross-dress."
    My wife has not seen me fully dressed for about 20 years. Very rarely she will see me in a nightie but that's about it. Our children are now all grown and living far from home. We have been married for 30 years and still have a very loving relationship and when I thought about the Merck reference I realised that it was my fault that we do not share my cross-dressing as I have been way too secretive about it.
    I am constantly buying myself fancy dresses and last week bought a really gorgeous one for only £28.00 in a chain store (Matalan) plus matching shoes. I put it on a few times and felt wonderful in it, so much so I wanted to share it with someone. Online posts were not enough. Most of my dresses I always felt are either way too fancy or not fancy enough to wear in front of my wife but this dress was just right (As in Goldilocks and the porridge)
    So last Thursday night I got the nerve to ask my wife if we could have a girl's night in, the following night Friday. She agreed readily. I had also bought a dress that was too small and too short for myself but would look great on her as she is a dress size smaller and much shorter than me. (I am small but she is petite).
    So yesterday afternoon I prepared dinner in the slow cooker, put a couple of bottles of wine in the fridge and prepared the fire for lighting. When we finished work we went to put on our lingerie and make-up in different bedrooms. When she was ready my wife called me into her room. She had not seen either dress yet so I went into her room in my dressing gown and she had her eyes closed. I helped her into her dress which fitted perfectly and looked stunning on her. She really loved it; I was so happy. Then she went down stairs to put the final touches to dinner and light the fire, while I finished getting ready.
    Around 7:00 pm I went into our dining room and then she walked in from the kitchen. It was so wonderful to see the look of delight on her face when she seen me. She thought I looked gorgeous (which I did) and loved my dress and shoes. We sat and ate dinner together and then moved to the living room for coffee and wine in front of the fire. We sat together all evening watching TV and complimenting each other on how pretty we looked. At one stage I admired an actress's dress on TV and my wife said she thought it would look nice on me. It was a magical night and we both had a wonderful evening and promised each other we would do it again some time soon. Finally around 1:00 am we changed into pretty nightdresses and went to bed in each others arms. Even today we are both glowing with the memory of last night.
    I really think this is another great development in our loving relationship and I will work hard to maintain it.
    Below are the photos of me in my dress (not from last night but I was dressed the same and we sat on this couch). Wouldn't anyone want to spend an evening with such a pretty girl?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FionaO; 11-27-2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: added detail

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    What an awesome story !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

that is a great story..you are one lucky person...and you look very good in that dress...very passable..

wendy

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    You look amazing, and are a very lucky girl!!

Hugs
    Kaylee

What a great story. Just shows you that no matter how long you have been married there is always room for growth. You have a VERY special woman there.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Well good for you on several counts! Having a wife that is reasonably understanding AND the deal on the dress (ya look very purty in it!)

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    Great story, and you look great in that adorable dress!

Fiona, you look stunning. I'm happy that you and your wife can spend girl time together. It's special, isn't it?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Your story has inspired me, and I will try to have a night like this with my wife Oh, I love your dress.

Good story, You are a lucky and lovely gurl. I love the dress it's so very pritty like you.

we strive for perfection tall sam's Avatar
    In and around the UK - no commiting here!
    Hi Fiona

you are trhe envy of most of us married ones. Its a fantastic experience and makes being a CD just so much easier to deal with.
    I have had a few (very few) occasions like this with my wife and they are special. I think more for me than her as she is not rushing back to to it again but wouldnt say no either!

So, live for the monent and enjoy every second and memory - and we wait to hear of your next wonderful experience.

Sammy

Gold Member
    That is a great story Fiona! I am glad you are able to have an evening like that as it is a great advancement. Here is to many more like that for you and your wife!

That is a beautiful story and one that I would love to experience with my wife. May be a while, but I'll get there. Your wife is very special and it looks as if you are in for some wonderful times ahead.

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Wow. That was a great story. I am so happy for you.

That is a wonderfully pretty dress, and you look gorgeous in it. It nicely compliments the beautiful smile you are wearing
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

After reading so many stories here without a happy ending, its so very heart warming to read yours. You are one of the lucky ones.
    You want to wear a WHAT??

Lovely dress and story as well. Thank you so much for sharing.

When you have an experience that loving and wonderful, you know we love reading about it and sharing in your joy; no matter how long. You look terrific and it sounds like you have a wonderful wife and a solid, loving marriage. Thank you so much for sharing it with us and cheers to many more such evenings in the future
    Sonia now has a flickr stream...can she interest you to hop over and take a peek?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/soniacd/
    She's also on Facebook now...and she'd like very much to be your friend
    http://www.facebook.com/sonia.cd1

Lovely story, lovely dress and lovely pics!
    Dana Fleming

Thanks for all your wonderful responses. It was a great positive experience. My wife asked me why I had suddenly decided to ask her to join in my dressing and I told her about the reference from the Merck Manual. If anyone else is considering talking to their wife about having a similar experience, then possibly this is a good starting point. You can look up the Merck Manual online. Just Google Merck Manual and then type in transvestite in their search function.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Quote Originally Posted by FionaO View Post
    Just Google Merck Manual and then type in transvestite in their search function.
    I was curious about the reference, I followed your instructions and drew a blank on the transvestite search. Can you post the link to the website or better yet the link to the reference ?

Thanks

Opps. Found them !

I don't want to Hijack your thread so I will start another with the References.
    Last edited by Kelly DeWinter; 11-29-2010 at 08:34 AM.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    I was curious about the reference, I followed your instructions and drew a blank on the transvestite search. Can you post the link to the website or better yet the link to the reference ?

Thanks
    Kelly,
    Try the link below
    http://www.merckmanuals.com/professi...tishism&alt=sh
    Fiona O

lovely story you look gorgeous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    You look great Fiona and you are so lucky to have such a wonderful and understanding wife. I'm envious.

the happy camper
    That was a wonderful story, and the dress is just gorgeous. You look beautiful!