Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does our own height impact whether we tend to wear high heels?

Platinum Member
    I'm 6'. I have eleven pairs of heels. On average they are all 3"-3 1/2" heels with one pair of 5" heels. I find the 5" heels are hard on my feet and I hardly ever wear them. I can wear the 3" heels all day with no discomfort. I still have to get a pair of flats for driving. The 3" heels work fine for driving local streets, but, I do not find them comfortable from a safety viewpoint on the high speed roads.

height or lack thereof does drive some to wearing heels. the size of your shoe also matters in your choice of heel height. A person with a smaller size cannot wear the taller heels comfortably as they push your foot into a position that is uncomfortable to say the least. I envy the ladies that can wear the 5 and 6 in heels as they do give the wearer a posture that is unmistakenly feminine.

Danni

I'm 6' and wear 3" heels which I consider to be comfortable, so I feel I can blend in ok.

Does our own height impact whether we tend to wear high heels?
    I don't think height contributes to your desire to wear them, but may contribute to your being self conscience about blending. I am 5'10 and like 3 inch heels. They make the calves look slimmer, and gives me that feminine feeling you just can't get with flats. I think the decision to wear them is based on the feeling you get when you know it makes the entire image more feminine. That leads to an entire inner feminine feeling which is a goal for some. Just like a GG getting all dressed up, they get much more self confidence when they are all dolled up.

I have not gone out yet, but when I do I would prefer to wear heels. My self conscience feeling may over ride what I want to do and I may try to blend more.

After reading this thread, I'm going to get some heals! I'm 6'4" and have stayed away from heals because of my height. Now I'll go out and get some for sure! Thanks, everyone!

Freddy

I'm five-eleven, and while I love the look I get in photo shoots with 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 inch heels, I don't go out around other people in heels over 3 inches. Even with the lower heels, I try to wear a wig that lies smoothly on my skull instead of one that is combed and styled to accentuate my height.

I like to watch taller G-girls and their mannerisms, and truthfully, very few of them wear heels when they're out and about in casual everyday life, including dinners at neighborhood restaurants and bars. And, often when they do wear heels they are relatively low and platform styled.

a bit nutty
    Oh yeah, I'm 6"1" and I don't care how tall I am. Gimme the 5" spikes any day over the flats! Long sexy legs on a GG are drop dead sexy! It's not the height I worry about, it's the manly face I've got to work on. If I ever went out I'd have to walk backwards, but my legs would definitely attract googly eyed attention.

I am 5'9" bare footed. I wear 3" or 4" heels all the time. I do wear flats on occassion, depending on where I'm going and what I plan on doing, but not unless I have to. I have yet to go out and not see at least one girl (a real one) taller than I am with heels on. I wear flats and flip flops around the apartment. BUT, I am a woman now and I'll wear the shoes I want. I agree that most GG' wear flats more often than not, what a shame......... I really love seeing a nicely dressed woman in heels.
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

Not for me, i'm 6 feet in my stocking feet and have heels up to 4", but more to the point both my daughter and daughter-in-law are taller than me, and both have heels of up to 6"

I am 5'8", and I wear heels around 4" pretty much all the time. I never gave much thought to what people would think about that, to be honest. I love heels and think they're essential to the style I wish to present to the world, so I wear them, and that's about that. To be honest, there are enough other actual or perceived "tells" in my appearance that being a little taller than average is probably about the least of my worries.

- Diane

6,2 and love heels , women are getting taller and heels are getting taller , it has never bothered me at all but 3" is my max , i think maybe it has a bit to do with body shape too as i have long legs and always in nylons so my legs seem to get the most attention as most people tend to look down at my legs first not

i also tend to think if you dont pass 100% then a little extra hight is not a problem . i too know a woman the same build and hight as me and she too goes in heels ,

Banned Read only
    I am 6'1" and wear heels all the time usually 4". A few days ago I was at a gas station and went in to pay for my gas. There was a gg there wearing flats that made me feel short. Height is nothing more than a measurement, get over it and move on. Now where did I put thoes 5" heels.....

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Zwidling View Post
    I was wondering whether our own natural height would make us more or less likely to wear high heels. Personally I am six feet tall, which is in top 10% of the adult population height wise. Because I'm that tall normally wearing three inch heels then puts me somewhere around the top 2% of the population, which when I'm dressed feels way too tall to me. So while I really like the idea of high heels and own five pair, I find I generally don't actually end up wearing any of them very often. What is other peoples take on this?
    5'-10" and I would wear heels if I could, but an arthritic ankle makes it impossible.

I'm about 5 11 and wear 4" heels on occasion but mostly in the 2" range. Today I went to the Macaroni Grill for lunch and wore a black skirt suit . The 4" black pumps matched very nicely in the business look. I really did not cause a stir with the staff or customers. Tall can be elegent and the conservative business look on a business day fit nicely although I was probably over dressed.
    joank
    Southern California

I am 6' 3". I think 2" heels are a good compromise. Heels make you look good even if you are tall, but the amount it makes you stand out depends on the environment, and the height of people you are with. High heels would be great at a women's basketball convention.

Silver Member
    not for Me--I'm five 11 and have heels up to six inches
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Does for me. That's why I wear flats most of the time
    Michelle

I am 5-9 and mostly wear 3 inch heels.

I am 5 '6inches in height. I usually wear 4 " heels. Depending on my skirt or dress length. 2 " is better for long length skirts or dresses which makes walking up and down steps or dancing much easier. Thinner girls look good in higher heels. But plumper girls lok better in 2 inch heels I like 4 inch heeled knee length boots with knee length skirts.

LOL
    I win- 6'6" and my fave shoes are 5" heels.

Not that I go out or anything, but I still wear them.... theyre too pretty not to!
    Samantha -x-

I'm 5'6 and feel too tall in 3'' heels. Trouble is my ankles are as old as me and are giving way, so it's flats most times. But don't you just love heels?
    Always remember you're unique... Just like everyone else.

I am 6'4 and I love wearing heels. It helps define me being a woman.

I'm 5'7" I have no problem with wear high heels , I wear them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post
    I am 6'4" and I wear up to four inch heels. If you are freakishly tall anyway you might as well be really freakishly tall. And I do say so myself I look gorgeous in them.
    Same height here. I wear them because they look pretty. Took quite a while to find ones that fit. As I don't venture out of the house, and spend most of the time sitting, I usually can wear them for long periods. Hard to tell, because I don't have any real girls shoes to compare with, but I suppose my 4" heels in a size 16 may equal maybe a 2 or 2 1/2 inch heel for a normal woman's shoe.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I wear heels because my legs look great in them. Being 6'3" has yet to stop me. The taller the heel the better I look.