Thread: Older girl, has a question

Older girl, has a question

My friends, girls.

I am older then most of you. I do have a pretty good body but my skin is showing the age. I am a CD/Transgender or what ever you want to call me.
    I am looking for friends and great discussions on how to be a better girl and handle the age thing.

Can anybody out there help me who has gone thru or is going thru this age transition problem.

Kelly, there are a lot of us "more Mature" girls here and most of us seem to actually being doing quite well all things considered. In my case I started late too, am fortunate to live in one of the most accepting areas around, am single and have a lot (too much actually) free time to pursue this new/old side of me. I personally am handling the age issues and all of its bothersome side affects well. Sure, I wish I has started years ago, but life is what it is. So now I am just enjoying it as much as possible. I recommend that you do the same in your own way. It really is a great life if we can learn to go with the flow and not fight the downstream current.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 10-29-2010 at 02:08 PM.

When I turned 60 I was depressed for almost 6 months. Where did it all go, I wasn't skiings as much, didn't ride the motorcycle as often, my golf game went to hell and I gained weight. I was just not happy.

Fast forward one year........I lost 30 lbs (20 more to go), some of my nicer clothes fit me now, I walk a quick pace about 4 miles per day. I can't wait for ski season to start and will ride the motorcycle when it's cold. I have reconnected with an old friend of almost 20 yrs ago who use to enjoy my dressing up. And I am dressing more then ever, even if it is just for me.

OK, what happened? I guess one day I woke up and said "life is good". For me it was...do what you like to do, get in shape, have fun and count every blessing the universe offers you. Try not to let money issues get you down. Embrace your family and friends. Release any and all old anger.

That was what worked for me

Hi.

Well im 63 a woman with a male back ground . happy & content a builder by trade . done my 45 years working & over the last 13 years been growing as a female / woman . enjoying life ,

a member of a good number of groups 3 are womens . do photography & archery & have fun enjoying my many friends many are women .

we have 3 grown up kids & 8 grand kids & Jos is still with me as a friend & a companon just two women. age does ....NOT.... come in to it. enjoying life does.

To be a girl . ...NO... to be a woman is what we are about , self acceptance first & then acceptance by & from others .

Join some womens groups & be accepted for who you are , not try & be what your not. your mind set has to change . you think as a woman , not act like one ,

As i was told just before i joined our womens groups , you are a woman , then be one. , you see i am ,
    its not how you look its how you are in side . .

Im accepted as a person first & second as a woman who has a male back ground.

I had these ? asked of me before . & i enjoyed working with my friends. you can not change a male in to a woman . . you can help a male to see more of us as women & learn about us & even , (((act as women , )) you may be able to act a part . living is quite different

living every day as a woman is very different & being with women & having that acceptance. for me its a part of who i am.
    social skils as a woman was all ways there . from a male perpective that was never there i understand about males just not relate to & with them . you see iv grown as a woman & its different for each of us .

I dont know if this will help . we do have some here who are natal women who would be able to give a good perpective & coming from them would be a big help to you.

...noeleena...

I am 50 and have salt and pepper hair so for now I am going with a gray wiglet to cover the bald spot. I have a few aging spots on my hands and one on my face. I am going to deal with those so they don't continue, but other than that nothing. If you are older then go with the older woman look.
    Michelle

Banned Read only
    Start by knowing it is NEVER TO LATE! We had a new girl come to our support group last week. She was a young 93 and just starting out.

Kelly, I think I can relate to your dilemma, I'm in mt 60's and have been plagued with dry skin my whole life. When the weather starts getting cooler (like this time of year) my skin scales up and becomes as rough as sandpaper. I have found that moisturizing lotions can control the scaling but it never really goes away. However I have observed older GGs and noticed that many of them have leathery skin as well. Perhaps daily use of moisturizing lotion will help control your aging skin.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Oil of Olay twice a day and avoid mirrors. LOL
    66 and dressing every chance I get.
    Tina B

Hi dear, I'm 61 pushing 62 in a couple months and have transitioned starting at 60. I think the hardest thing is not trying to look 20ish. LOL But really it isn't as hard to look and feel your age as a woman if you realize looks are not everything. Have fun for we have earned the right to have as much as we can. Hugs Teri

AS many will say you are only as old as you feel.But life does have its effects. So what you should do is realize that it happens to both males and females.Don't try to look younger or act like a twenty or thirty year old. I say look at those who are near your own age and that is the way you want to look. Take care of your skin by using what woman have known for a long time creams that help keep the mosture in. Don't use make up that dries out your skin. Don't go for the very high heels you don't need to end up with a problem. Today mature woman are learning to be comfortable with there clothes. Next of course is your hair and that takes work also. try a hair salon to help you to the correct products to maintain it in good condition. Of couse the right makeup and hair style can make you look years younger. best idea of all is to enjoy every minute of every day. I am sure others will give you their ideas also.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Silver Member
    You must be comfortable and confident in yourself - no matter where you are on the gender scale! Consider all the positive parts of your life and your well being. Where/what do you want to improve? Pick one small realistic goal/time to complete and go for it! If you have skin problems, it is never too late to get professional cosmetic help and begin a daily/nightly skin routine. To "be a better girl", observe GGs in your area & age group as to their attire, movements, hairstyles, etc. and then practice, practice, & more practice. This forum can offer advice on any subject, but you have to have the incentive to do it.

I'm almost 59.... I was giving a tour of some old mines we have for sale this week and on the tour were some friends who started working the same time I did but haven't seen in decades. And right away everyone was saying how young I look compared to them.. (And thinner) And I didn't have any grey hair!! Told them all I eat right, exercise, play ice hockey and use L'oreal Preference!! Lol. Come time to walk up the mountain, I had to wait on them to catch up and wasn't even breathing hard when we got to the top.. They were not doing so well.. Moral.. Take care of yourself and don't worry about your age...
    Last edited by Karren H; 10-29-2010 at 09:48 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Most of you who responded on this thread are children! I am 78 and have been crossdressing since I was 6 y/o! As Karren put it so well, take care of yourself and don't worry about your age. I exercise every day and try to eat sensibly. Yes, I do have health problems like a Pacemaker and an artificial shoulder. But they don't slow me down much or curtail my CD'ing. As I tell my family and friends, your life is what YOU make it, not what someone else does!! BTW, I was married for almost 50 years before cancer took my dear wife and I have 2 wonderful children! They know I crossdress and don't care!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm almost 59.... I was giving a tour of some old mines we have for sale this week and on the tour were some friends who started working the same time I did but haven't seen in decades. And right away everyone was saying how young I look compared to them.. (And thinner) And I didn't have any grey hair!! Told them all I eat right, exercise, play ice hockey and use L'oreal Preference!! Lol. Come time to walk up the mountain, I had to wait on them to catch up and wasn't even breathing hard when we got to the top.. They were not doing so well.. Moral.. Take care of yourself and don't worry about your age...
    Go Karren !

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Most of you who responded on this thread are children! I am 78 and have been crossdressing since I was 6 y/o! As Karren put it so well, take care of yourself and don't worry about your age. I exercise every day and try to eat sensibly. Yes, I do have health problems like a Pacemaker and an artificial shoulder. But they don't slow me down much or curtail my CD'ing. As I tell my family and friends, your life is what YOU make it, not what someone else does!! BTW, I was married for almost 50 years before cancer took my dear wife and I have 2 wonderful children! They know I crossdress and don't care!
    When I was in my 20s I was worried about how silly I'd look as a 40+ y/o CDer. At 50+ I've come the the conclusion that all we have to do is follow Karren's advise and have fun.

Stephany! 78 and still CDing! You are my goddess !
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

L oreal Revitalist is great twice a day if possible, keeping the weight off, exercise to keep up with father time is a must. I seem to be doing better than those I see my age and a lot that are not up with me there yet. Healthy lifestyle is a plus.

Aspiring Member
    There are some things that can't be prevented.
    Aging is certainly one of them.

With some hard work you can slow it down, even recover a little of your former self.

For me, I'm so thankful to still possess good health and remain on the right side of the grass.

As it's been said, getting old sucks, but it beats hell out of the alternative. I never thought I would survive as long as I have. When I was young, a woman read my palm, (more as entertainment than anything else) and told me I would have a long life, but would have serious health problems in middle age. I survived a heart attack in my 40s and had to go to work for others in order to obtain decent health insurance, which I thoroughly hated, but I managed to survive and retired last year; so far she was spot on. I never really thought much about getting old; my only regrets are no kids and the lack of opportunity to pass on what has taken me years to learn. The worst of it has been that my SO, while physically healthy, has been suffering from Alzheimer's for the last 8 years. Every day she drifts a little further from me; that's the cruelest thing about aging that I know of.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

My view is that if you look, you can always find someone older than you, taller than you, heavier than you - if you only look. My point is, accept who you are, and where you are in life, and enjoy being who you are. If that includes dressing enfemme, great! Don't worry about others. There will always be someone who thinks whatever you are doing, you should be doing something else. Please yourself.

Freddy

Don't worry about getting older. Life is what you make it. Just live every day as if it is your last and enjoy every minute of whatever you decide to do. We older girls have gained the wisdom and earned the right to do as we please in our golden years.