Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TSA Full-Body Scanner

TSA Full-Body Scanner

I've read a lot of posts about traveling while dressed. I've read the posts on those of you that fly while dressed and I admire your fortitude and determination. Well in Philly the full-body scanner has arrived at Philadelphia International Airport. Passengers going through the security checkpoint now have an option of using the new technology, or sticking with a walk-through metal detector - followed by a pat-down. The pat-down is much more thorough than the current pat-downs. Right now it is only at the Terminal F but the other gates should have them in a few weeks. So, I was wondering does this give you pause or is it just another thing to go through? Looking at the picture of the scan you can tell what kind of under garments a person is wearing. So even if you just wore panties that could be seen. I don't travel dressed but it was the first thing I thought about while watching the news tonight. From what I understand the TSA security officer working with a passenger does not see the image, and the officer viewing the image is in another location and does not see the passenger. The TSA officers are in contact via radio. The communication is through a headset.
    Last edited by TS_Denice; 11-28-2010 at 03:06 AM.

I haven't been through one of the new scanners but I can tell you that the TSA knows that I am male as that is what is on my driver's license. Prosthetics, including breast forms, are apparently specifically allowed by TSA rules. So as I mentioned in my thread "Is flying pretty brave?", they have to follow their own rules so there should be no problems.
    Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Airport security is now starting to get over the top - and countries outside North America are sick of the USA's numerous security checks.

Don't worry about the full body scanners: if you have ever watched Border Patrol (or a similar overseas version), you'll realise that the Aviation Security Service sees stranger things every day.
    Jeremy Corbett: "News this week - the wedding of the century. We all knew it was just a matter of time, and finally, the day is here."
    [Paul Ego and Dai Henwood walk out dressed as bride and groom respectively]
    Paul Ego: "I'm only doing this because I'm pregnant."

Two of my loves combined: New Zealand current affairs comedy game show 7 Days, and crossdressing.

Banned Read only
    So what if TSA discovers you are CD? You have passed through the rest of thier security, they already know. I have been to several other countries over the years and have had full body pat downs. Japan was doing full body pat downs back in the 70's and 80's. No big deal. It's not like they reach in and take a squeeze (darn it). It is somewhat humiliating the first time I guess but I kind of liked it. Just be sure to wink at some cute guy while they are checking your breast!
    Last edited by Jorja; 10-29-2010 at 07:32 AM.

I have flown twice dressed lately and never had any trouble. Including carrying breast forms in carry on luggage. But Wednesday I flew from Denver to Orlando and got the scanner this time. I immediately went oh crap when I knew which line I was in. I did all of the usual stuff of getting everything off and in the trays and went through the scanner. I failed because I had left a wallet in my back pocket. So I had to get the wallet out and get an additional pat down and explosives check. I was very surprised that the one flight I flew in male mode was the one I had additional security searches on.

Next friday I fly to LA while dressed. I am still debating if I am going through the back scanner or not. if I do then I definitely will have something to talk about.
    Michelle

Phylly you say? ... Oh well I suppose if I have any problems at airport security I could always call for my cousen... hang on a minute if I was going through that airport cuzzy bro "big Dave "kiwi thunder" would be meeting me at the security check, cause thats where he works. But he knows about my dressing anyway so it would not be such a big thing.

Not quite what you wanted to hear?!... sorry.
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

The story on the TV news lately is that a GG flight attendent who is a cancer survivor was forced to remove her prosthetic breast for examination! She said next time she may just take it out and put it in the tray with her other stuff.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aspiring Member

Oh...

Don't fly.

Obviously, it's very dangerous.
    Last edited by mklinden2010; 11-23-2010 at 05:08 AM.

I just went through the more thorough version of the pat down on my way to Las Vegas and it was fine and very professionally done. I would like to try the scanner because it will be quicker if I don't get stopped. My concern with the scanner is what will they do about the silicone breast forms and the silicone hip and butt pads that I use, plus the steel boned waist cincher that may appear as narrow steel weapons. I do not want to be in a position that they require me to take them out or off so that they can look at them. I would like to hear of others' experiences of going through the scanner wearing those supporting and shaping undergarments.

The really silly thing is we are told to believe this is all in the name of our "safety". Does anyone ever stop to think that the actual terrorists are well aware of the silly theater we are allowing ourselves to be subjected to and will OBVIOUSLY not be using such incredibly amateur methods to wreak havoc? They have already cost us billions of dollars and millions have man hours and will continue to do so.

TSA agents themselves are not subjected to these procedures. Ever wonder how weapons, cell phones and drugs are smuggled into prisons?

2 guesses.

the tsa has gone far beyond what is needed to provide a safe place, there is NO need to obtain and KEEP a record of any persons body print. yes they do keep a copy of the video of your body.
    and the pat downs, and beatings of people, this is not the America i grew up in.
    they are not making us any safer they are just looking like a bunch of demented perverts. and yes they get to see it ALL, even to the point of searching every thing in your checked baggage. i have sometimes delivered goods to a airport, and they wanted me to unload the truck before i could get past them to make my delivery.
    i deliver frozen foods. and it was over 100F outside. can you say rotten food.
    but as for if you are in drab or dressed like a celebrity here is. they do not care about that. show up it a toto and you get a pass. maybe we should all just ware a very tight fitting body suit when we need to fly?

Behind the sceens in the ear-piece....... CHHHT... another one wearing panties and pantyhose!.... cchhhhhtt.

sorry, could not resist!

This TSA bumper sticker sums it up nicely:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Think of it this way,there has been a awful lot of jobs created ?????

Hugs J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

New TSA resistant underwear. I guess you can wear sparkley pasties for your bra.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...=news/national

Listening to a Leo Laport on Sunday (tech type show) the purpose of these machines is to get through fabric to see what you have underneath. The way I understand it and what makes this objectionable is that if you are wearing just fabric panties or bra they would see right through to "your junk" as they cannot see through skin. However if you had an under wire or the like that would in fact show up on the scanner.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I guess I'm finding all of this just ho-hum. If this makes it harder for someone to carry liquids to be mixed into explosives then I'm all for it. Am I going to stop wearing panties? Of course not. The already know I'm male because of my ID. Are they going to get a fuzzy picture of me in the all-together...yup. Will I be bothered? No. Is it all safer? It probably is.

ho-hum.

tina

Amen Tina!

Gold Member
    Just one more reason to not be in the closet.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

***soap box rant warning***

If you are not doing anything wrong, there is nothing to worry about
    …and other lies you just accept without challenging…

Ok, so let’s assume you are not doing anything wrong. If a naked picture of you, your SO or your child was posted on the internet, would you worry? Why? I thought there was “nothing to worry about“…lol.

“That can’t happen”… TSA full body image scans are just another security enhancement measure that will make air travel safer. It is worth sacrificing a little (more) privacy to make us safer. (sound familiar?)
    Besides, there are so many passengers traveling, there is no way to store and retain all of those images. Sound familiar? That is because it is the same complacent logic used (too much data to store) to disclaim the warnings of NSA monitoring internet traffic. (which they did/do, it is called NARUS).

Back to body scans…
    -Actual full body image scan pic FYI...
    http://epic.org/privacy/body_scanners/Body_Scan_Pic.pdf

So what, they scan your image. Big deal, right? The DHS, TSA and others promised they would not “retain” any scanned images. There is even a rule in place that all image scans must be “deleted” immediately, right? The “gov’t” would not lie to us, right?

Think again…or, ah, I mean…think for yourself for a change. You do remember how to do that, right?

Ok, just for fun, let’s look at reality for a minute.
    Yes, they do a full body image scan that is recognizable.
    Yes, they specified that the scanners have the ability to retain/store/transfer images.
    Yes, they have admitted that they have files of images, and they did not delete them. (see the article about what FOIA documents uncovered in Florida).

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/opini...-Scandals-5828

Warning!!! It is time to “think for yourself” again…Ready? Ok, here we go…

- they take a full body image scan.
    - they actually do have the capability to store images in mass, and they do.
    - they promised to follow the “rule” and immediately delete the images. They did not delete them.
    - Ask yourself the same question that applies to all those surveillance cams on every street pole in your city…Who is looking at us and how do we know they are not abusing their monitoring job authority? Even worse…what if one of those “monitoring agents” decides to share a surveillance cam clip or post a full image body scan of us on the internet as part of a hidden personal agenda. (blackmail, revenge, third parties paying for info, profit motives)? Images can be worth big bucks to the right buyer…

Oh, but wait…I am just one of those “paranoid” people the gov’t told you to just ignore. Those people watching us on street cams and looking at our naked bodies from the other side of that scanner glass are “professionals”, that work for the gov’t !! We can trust them, right? They probably passed a drug screen/background screen, make a ton of ‘cough,cough’ money, were trained well, sing in the church choir and love little puppies. I bet some of them even completed high school!

My bad, I guess I am just worrying about nothing. I apologize for thinking on my own again, I know that habit went out of style after 9/11 happened. I will try harder at being complacent… After all, I am not doing anything wrong… am I ?

Ok, I am ready for the question now…

So, what does this have to do with crossdressing and “freedom”?
    Well, in my world…everything.

If anybody is interested… Here is a link to the entire historical index of the Full Body Scan soap opera, as well as the EPIC vs. DHS legal filing.

http://epic.org/privacy/body_scanner...n_of_body.html

Have a nice flight…
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    This issue is vitally important, and must be stopped here and now. The government has overstepped. This is not about keeping you safe. The TSAs own testers have been able to get simulated bombs on planes every time they try. It is about getting the american people to accept ever more intrusive and heavy handed tactics. It is about money and control. If this is allowed to stand, and the public becomes accustomed to being scanned and searched, and the uproar dies down, the scanners and searches will then be installed at train stations, bus stations, sports stadiums, and shopping malls. And the next step might be a Tampax or Preparation H bomber, caught just in time, to prepare the public for cavity searches. Do not laugh. How many of you, a couple years ago, could have imagined a government agent with their hands inside your pants or bra? Who could have imagined small children being groped and frisked, and government agents examining colostomy bags and prosthetic breasts? Do not fly, until this madness ends!

By the way, has anyone ever seen the TSA thugs wash or change their gloves after groping in someones pants, before groping the next person?
    Last edited by Melinda G; 11-23-2010 at 12:54 AM.

ABC has requested that INDEPENDENT labs test and certify that the scanners are emitting low level radiation in safe levels. TSA so far has refused independent lab testing of ALL 400+ scanners. The FDA assures us they are safe.This is the same FDA that tests all prescription drugs and implants etc, for safety INCLUDING the ones that are recalled. Which is it? safe or UNSAFE?

I am trying to get a friend of my who is a radiologist to get me a few of the Roentgen sensor badges they wear around the XRAY/CT scan equipment in the hospital to use the next time I go through. You better believe the media will get the results.

Don't forget to give a wide berth to that drum holding all those dangerous chemicals (water, baby formula, shampoo, Massengill, Pepto Bismol etc) they remove from passengers. That drum is now a potential bomb according to the TSA actors.
    Last edited by Christinedreamer; 11-23-2010 at 01:02 AM.

"Those willing to sacrifice their freedom for a little temporary security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

What if a group of religious extremists decided to figure out a way to show the people of a nation they considered "The Great Satan" that their "freedom" was at the mercy of their government? Wouldn't they do pretty much the same as they have; terrorize them to the point of letting this kind of surveilance be the norm? I think this battle may already be lost and don't delude yourself - it IS a battle. Those cameras that are on every street corner already exist in large part; just look carefully at the next major intersection you cross. The only reason everyone isn't on 24/7 surveilance is the lack of manpower to watch & review the video. I've seen this from both sides and it scares the hell out of me. When I was young I read George Orwell's "1984" and today is frighteningly reminiscent.

Sorry for the rant - this thread pushed one of my buttons.
    Donna
    Last edited by donnalee; 11-23-2010 at 01:12 AM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Banned Read only
    ABC has requested that INDEPENDENT labs test and certify that the scanners are emitting low level radiation in safe levels. TSA so far has refused independent lab testing of ALL 400+ scanners. The FDA assures us they are safe.This is the same FDA that tests all prescription drugs and implants etc, for safety INCLUDING the ones that are recalled. Which is it? safe or UNSAFE?
    Yeah. They told us Vioxx was safe too, until people started dieing from it.

Even if they post the results of the radiation tests, it would only be for a single scan.
    Radiation is cumulative, just like too many sunburns, and frequent fliers will likely be getting various forms of cancer in a few years.
    And probably bedbugs and lice from the TSA thugs using the same gloves all day.
    Last edited by Melinda G; 11-23-2010 at 01:52 AM.

Radiation tests and results...lol. That puts us right back in the "statistical twistical game". Here, I will give you the answer early..."According to our extensive and exhaustive analysis and testing...all scanners fall within the acceptable range and pose negligible risk to humans". hehehehe....how is that for an off the cuff political statement...I could run for office, eh? Oh, and I will lower taxes, too".

The privacy ship sailed years ago...if you are not invisible now...it is too late for ya' to try and hide now... Average American is captured on some type of video surveillance 90 times a day. In the U.K. the number is 300. Most funding is funneled through your Dept. of Transportation...you can track dollars and projects by accessing the annual city/state budget which is public access. We can still hide, but it takes some serious due diligence...worth it for me...I am still invisible, but started over 10 years ago...

Hide-n-Seek...in the real world...that cell phone/handheld will be your mandatory "tracker ID" of the future. It is close to that now...

"Make sure that the person your friends know as "you", is the person you would want them to profile, should they ever become your enemies..." That's my world...but I am a little twisted, lol.
    Last edited by eluuzion; 11-23-2010 at 06:26 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]