Thread: Any Transmen dressing up for Halloween?

Any Transmen dressing up for Halloween?

I'm not sure to what extent my friends in other countries celebrate Halloween, but it's always been my favorite holiday here in the U.S. I never know what I'm going to be until the last minute, but have never missed a year of dressing up at least minimally.

Most years I have dressed as some sort of feminine character just because it was easier, and because I felt like that's what I was supposed to do, being female-bodied and all. This year I really want to rent zoot suits for myself and my two sons. Either that or dress up as Ghost Busters. I also saw big cheesy fake mustaches in a store that I was rather drawn to. Haha.

We all know that the lovely ladies of this site are using this opportunity to get all dolled up and go have fun. Are any of you men planning on doing the same?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Me and my girl are pagan and this is are biggest holiday. We are not dressing up this year but we party at home. We are dressing up for the release of the new Harry Potter film.

In that case, Happy Halloween and Blessed Samhain to you, Aaron.

There's a new Harry Potter out? I'll have to go check that out.

A Mess of Contradictions
    I was gonna go as Hurley, but I realized there's more opportunity for trolling to go as a vampire. No "vamp face" for me - I'll wear my civvies and explain to everyone how most vampire costumes are nothing but an outdated stereotype and really we're more interested in blending in, functioning in society, and stuff. It's a social statement using vampires as an allegory for Native Americans and Latinos... of course, people will probably just laugh at me. Sucks to be them. :P I need some fangs, though.

Anonymouse: A costume with a message - I like it!

I will end up dressing low-key this year too - in my slickest black outfit with a small, subtle pair of devil horns. Yeah, I think the devil has an outdated image just like vampires. Evil today wears a nice haircut and dress shoes.

Actually I couldn't do my first two costume choices - the zoot suit because of price. The Ghostbusters because all the tan coveralls had been bought up at the store already. Guess everyone else had the same idea. *shrug*

Have a great Halloween, everybody!
    Last edited by Andy66; 10-30-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Happy Halloween to you all and happy Samhain to all you Pagans

I'll be wearing my black and red Pentagram hoodie today lol Helen says I'm making a statement too right xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

A Mess of Contradictions
    Well, I got my fangs, but there wasn't much opportunity to talk to anyone. I went to this little "Harvest Festival" at a church nearby (it's basically a Halloween festival in everything but name; they do it every year for kids under 13) and ended up spending most of my time watching the kids and occasionally freaking people out with the fangs. Fun times, yo. Just no time for lectures because everyone was going around so fast and doing so many different things and it was so darned crowded that I was feeling uncomfortable. Fortunately, the fangs are re-usable, so there's always next year... and the year after that, and the year after that. Heck, I'll never have to buy another Halloween costume as long as I live, with these babies. At least until I need false teeth. Then I'll just have to buy a new set of fangs and mold them to fit.

So, how was your Halloween? No, never mind. It's still Halloween. Another whole day of lulz and I'm wasting it! Time to go watch horror movies.