Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing my age???????????

Dressing my age???????????

I have tried to dress my age........my problem is, I love open toed heels, short skirts, low cut tops........and well, I like to look sexy. (and sometimes just flat out trashy) <G> On the other hand, I know that if I dress to fit my age more closely, that I will draw LESS attention.... (even though when I do I usually don't really like the way I look) Am I crazy?????

Do any of you other ladies deal with this also???

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Yes dear, as far as I can tell we all start out with the very styles that turn us on. Short, tight, and as trashy as possible. As time goes by and we get out a little, some of this gets tempered to just this side of "over the top".

As I get older, my skirts are getting longer and my heels are getting lower. But not by much!
    [/SIZE]

Sure we all do. Especially if over 50. You know what? GG's do as well. For me I'm ok with it because I just want to fit in with the rest of the women where ever I go. That is not to say I am ready to buy a red hat and join up!! That's just me. if you want to be sexy go for it. There are many GG's who do the same. Just avoid the pink taffeta prom dress when going to the mall. LOL
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Saw a lady at the grocery store just yesterday. She HAD to be 70+ and she was dressed like a teenager - mini-skirt, printed tights/leggings, wildly dyed hair... It could have just been for Halloween, but I don't think so. Just goes to show that GGs do it too...
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    As one of the older (78) CD's on this forum, I have to answer this post! I have been a CD since I was 6 y/o. Of course when I was that young I did not wear dresses or skirts since I was a closet CD. But as I grew older and got more into CD'ing, I dressed in the way I wanted to look. Looking at my clothes, both on me and in the closet, I still dress that way!! I have never gone for the "trashy" look, although sometimes for a tight top!! My late wife always thought I should look like a lady, not a "Drag Queen!" I have dressed that way for many years, and still enjoy doing it!! If anyone is interested, my age bracket for CD'ing is an early 50's (age, that is) look!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 10-29-2010 at 12:03 PM.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Just my humble opinion....
    Two clichés come to mind. "To each their own" & There is a time and place for most anything".
    To me the question falls under the age inappropriate dress code. That would be person dressing in a manner that just doesn't fit the cultural expectation of the persons age. It could be clothing, hairstyle, makeup or something else. The reasons can vary. This is more a person either not realizing how they look dressed like that, or they might even be trying to pretend they are a different age (as a disguise or just being in denial about one's age). What you do in the privacy of your home is one thing. What you do in public should be taken with an ounce of thinking, responsibility & common sense.

Who knows - maybe they are..... But I don't think they are on their way to church!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think everybody should develop their own individual style irrespective of age or in some cases gender. Obviously teenage styles won't suit the over 80's but within reason I think we can all mix and match to get an individual style without resorting to the over hyped stereotypes.

Lots of love Gina x
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

I wear what looks good on me no mater if its from the Jr department of the old ladies dept.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Everyone says I look younger than I am, so I dress younger.......................it works for me!
    [SIGPIC]

Funny, I always look at the person who is not of the norm. I appreciate their individualism and their guts to be seperate from the "in crowd". They display themselves and are proud to do so despite going against the social acceptables. So why do some conform to a so called norm. Dress for your age, yeh sure. I say dress to express yourself and be proud of it. So if I dress for my age, which group of aged do I attempt to conform? I have many friends of my age who belong to many social enclaves and within each they represent a clone of others within the group. I just think, if you enjoy dressing in torn stockings, ribbons tied round your thighs wear tutu and corset and hair is rainbowed go for it. If you prefer over sized short sleeved blouse over a pair of slacks and low heels with a purple rinse go for it. Me, I dress for me to be happy and simply look the other way. Sure you may draw attention but a very attractive person always will attract as will anyone who appears to differ from the so called norm. Dress to impress YOU.

We can only roll the clock back so far. Unfortunately most of us are middle aged which means that we must look the part more. This just causes me to be filled with lots of regrets. If I could have started going out sooner, then I could have worn those outfits and looked cute. Now I just have to settle for age appropriate. It should be a 4 letter word.
    Michelle

Cher doesn't "dress her age"
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I have a denim minnie skirt I just love. You can sit but don't cross your legs. Love it with a lacy silk top tights and 3to4" heels. So I'm 63 I'm not dead my late wife always said I was a ****. Lovd Cher.
    Tommie

My wife says that I dress frumply - but I'm 64 not 16 - so long skirts are best I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    Cher doesn't "dress her age"
    Right. If you're trying to fit in, then by all means blend in by looking as close to a real female as you can, if that means looking like an elderly, frumpy wrinkled old woman and you want that look, fine. I wear what I wear because I feel like I'm supposed to be wearing it, not because I think other people think I should be wearing it. I'm quite happy in my teen girl outfits.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    I'm 57 anf currently enjoy the mini skirt, tight jean look which is probably not appropiate for my age. Guess as I get better at dressing I will progress to a more casual look appropiate to my age. Think many of the mature dressers on the furum look sensational in more mature outfits.
    Would like to be able to do the same

If you are dressing in private or at an approved club then go for it ,but if you are going out to mainstream places you will attract a lot of attention if you like
    the attention have fun .

I love all modes of dressing. From down and dirty to ultra consevetive. I dress in accordance to the event. If I'm shopping at the mall, I dress more comsevitive. If I'm going out clubbing, well then I get trashy. I love all womens clothing and looks.
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I prefer to dress age approiate at 57, yeah it should be a four letter word. Just have to pick out what looks good and go for it.

I guess I'm an old fuddy duddy, but I tend to dress my age of 64.

Hi.

Im involved with two groups our Edwarding & Renssinace group 1900 to 1910 & 1400 to 1700. now do i fit in . yes with in our groups sorry no pics yet . due to redoing our computer.

im 63 & as Jos said i was to dress in a way that was becoming not like a tramp . im other words nicely. so i do in my normal dayly life & that means im accepted quite well. in to socity even our groups , people make nice comments about us , & im happy with that.

I never wonted to dress as a young girl because i saw my self as a woman , & that really has been the case.

...noeleena...

My friends keep telling me I need to stop dressing like a school teacher, and start wearing 'younger' looks that are more appropriate for me, although most people assume that I'm quite a bit younger if they never ask my age. It's so wonderfully magical how cross dressing can shave off the years from our appearance!!

I don't know about changing my wardrobe though, I like my conservative but fashionable dresses, and longer A line skirts, they make me feel happy. I usually pick out clothes by asking myself, "would I like to see this on another woman?", and I am certainly more attracted to a woman who looks refined and confident than I would be to one who has their bottom hanging out, or feels they must display more flesh than they cover up.

Everyone has their own personal style, that's what makes the world a colorful and exciting place, but I can wear jeans and t-shirts anytime in boy mode, so don't see the point in that when I'm feeling girly, and if I want to look ****ty I'll just go out wearing nothing but lingerie and a smile, LOL.
    [SIZE="3"]The Universe Is Love, Enjoy Your Time In It!!![/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    Things might be different for me if I chose to go out dressed. I'm sure I would be much more conservative in my wardrobe were that the case.
    I dress sexy yet close to the line of becoming trashy.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kathryn

At almost 68yrs.old I try to stay with a late 40's to late 50's look but
    sometims I will go off the deep end and subtact off maybe 40yrs. for
    a 20's or 30 something look as I don't go out I only have to please my mirror.

Orchid

Yeah, I'm one of the ones who has kinda toned down a bit since I started getting out and about. All of my skirts and dresses are still knee length or above, but the short mini skirts are for home use only these days.

As I only get out during he daytime, and bearing in mind I am in my mid 40's now, I try to dress to "blend in" as much as I can.

Tash