Thread: Awkward moments - You have your nightgown on. Then youj remember garbage day!

Awkward moments - You have your nightgown on. Then you remember garbage day!

I have a weird habit of forgetting to put the garbage to the alley for it to be collected until after I have my nightgown on! So I go out there in my nightgown and put the trash can by the alley.

One time I forgot to do it the night before, and I got up in the morning, put shoes on, and in my nightgown I put the trash can by the alley just as the truck was coming! I have long hair, and so the garbage men probably were wondering why the "wife" had to put the trash can by the alley instead of the husband.

Are there any similar or different awkward situations that you have encountered? If so, please respond.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Ya... convincing my wife after I did it for many years, it is now her job to put out the trash because it is something she also knows how to do... she's still not that good at it, but at least I can focus on cutting the lawn. Basically, one thing I learned from being a CDer is there is no such thing as male and female chores.... it should be all about fairness. I agree though, I'm not out to my neighbors so when I forget something in my shop in the yard, I have to cover up somehow or stay inside.
    Chickie

My immediate next door neighbor and his family have seen me wearing dresses a number of times and there were no adverse reactions. So I don't worry about having to take the trash can to the alley in my nighty.

When my wife works outside the home and I am unemployed, guess who is the stuckee with doing the household chores and fixing the meals - I am. So I guess I have gravitated toward dressing the part of the housewife.
    John (Legal name)

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I don't go out much from home. Last year it was late in the evening and I'd been dressed for a few hours and enjoying myself as I tried new combinations out of the closet. My makeup was as good as it had been in quite a while and I was in the zone when I got a call from my daughter who had just gotten to work at her hospital night shift. She was still a couple days from payday and was nearly out of gas, probably not enough to get home in the morning and could I help. Of course I would help. I changed into pants, since it was cold outside, got the location of her car and loaded an empty 5 gal. gas can in my car and headed out the door. It was 0 dark o'clock and I was headed off to find a self-service pump first to fill the can and then off to the hospital parking lot hoping to find the car parked where I wouldn't have to be right under the window where my daughter would be working. No, she isn't in on this part of my life. I found her car and it was well away from the building, but people were moving in and out of the lot on a regular basis. I didn't mind if someone would see me, but I didn't want some gallant gentleman stopping to help me lug the gas can. One car did slow down as I was pouring gas into the tank and a little on my shoes, but they kept moving. It was success and I sent a text message to my daughter that she had gas in the tank and I was going home. She said I could come in to warm up, but I said I was already on the way home. Did I mention that my parents-in-law and my brother-in-law live in a house right at the end of my driveway? I made it there and back without sharing my crossdressing with anyone, but it took all my ninja skills.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Sarah,

That would be embarrasing if some gallant gentleman stopped to help you - the question would be - how is your feminine voice? I would have to admit straight out that I am a dude in drag - since I would need lots of work to sound like a woman!

John
    John (Legal name)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Sarah,

That would be embarrasing if some gallant gentleman stopped to help you -
    That would be my fear.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been wearing a nightgown to take the garbage and recycling out each week for about a year. Sometimes I do wear an extremely short skirt since certain of my nightgowns don't leave much to the imagination. Oh yes, I usually put the cans out early in the morning since the pickup is done around noon! If my neighbors do see me, so what? It is my life!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

At some point, when an urgent issue arises, it's just too much trouble to change clothes. I've got to the point where, although I don't encourage others viewing me, I don't really care. I do try to get things done in the evening if possible, but I suspect those who may see me will be wondering who the woman is, rather than "Look! A guy in a skirt!"
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    I faced exactly that dilemma this morning. Can't put the trash out the night before because foxes tear the bags to bits. So got up this morning, having overslept a bit, and heard the collection truck coming up the road. Nothing for it but to put heavy male dressing gown on over nightie and rush trash-bage to curb. I don't thing anyone saw anything untoward, but you never know!!!
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

I have taken the thrash out to the curb in front of my house many times while dressed up during the day and occasionally in my night clothes and robe when I have forgotten. I always go out to the curb and pick up the morning paper in my night clothes, if what I am wearing is too revealing then I cover up with a robe. My neighbors have all seen me at various times and have never said anything to me or show any signs of disaproval. My closest neighbors wife has seen me a few times and she just smiles. All of them remain friendly and talk to me when I am in drab.