You know, it is funny. I read in the earlier posts people ripping into parents that wanted to give their children unique names. The view seemed to be that this was an abhorrent behavior. What about naming your kid after yourself, is that not kinda messed up too?

As far as the unique names, hasn't anyone ever realized that ALL names at one time were "weird" and "odd". That is all names, from John to Zed.

When I hear or read talk like what I read here, I just wonder why people limit themselves so much.

My friend's name is Adriane. Her name when translated to its actual language is something along the line of Dark pool, or something, yet Adriane is a common name in the Western World.

In my case my name is time a child in my family received the name I have. I am named after my father, and consequently had to go through school with the suffix JR. at the end of my name. This was yet another thing that was an object of derision for the bullies to pic on.

I would like to change my name to Pythos, but I know how odd that would be with how old I am. The paperwork with the FAA would be a nightmare as well.