Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Regrets namely you name.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I found that my parents would have named their second child Marie if She had been born rather than Me. I took it as my middle name and am happy with that. Sarah dropped out of the sky and landed in my mouth one day as I was attempting to modify my voice to be a little more feminine. I had been practicing with accents to see if a southern belle, British or Irish lilt would help me sound a little less like a guy in a skirt. All of a sudden I was Sarah and it's stayed with me, a gift from the universe I guess, so who am I to refuse this kind of present? Charles is my given middle name, so it seemed to fit with the rest in a comfortable fashion. All names given, in one way or another, so I'm happy with them, particularly when I can use them!
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My screen name on this forum before I started going out in public was Angel Darling, but when I started meeting people in real life at TG events my wife suggested I use something less "cutesy" (her words not mine) ... Rachel was chosen by her. I like my femme name and I like that a loved one chose it for me, but looking back, I too wish I had been christened with a gender neutral name that could have been a girl's one or a boy's one .... but then again, perhaps if that had of been the case, I may have had "masculine memories" and history about myself and that name and may not have been able to adapt to being girly and still be called by it. Starting over with a fresh "all girl" name is like being reborn (kinda) ... and that feels good.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 10-30-2010 at 11:35 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender
    I guess having a loved one pick your name is one of those experiences that people like us miss out on. Do you see it as a shortfall or am I making to much ado about nothing? Did you select your name or did someone else? Just curious.
    [SIZE="2"]I selected my name, but it was purely a requirement for reasons of posting here. As such, I never gave it much thought. I could be any one of several different names, but I chose one with a strong visual attachment. I haven’t regretted my choice, simply because “Freddy” is a cute nickname…
    [/SIZE]

heres an odd name La-a pronounced Ladasha go figure

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Who better to choose our name,but ourselves I tried a few names out but when I decided on Sophie,it just seemed right for me,and when I hear "Sophie" being called out by someone (not to me)I can't help but smile,my wife added a middle name for me which was a nice idea (she chose well)
    As for my guy name,well It just aint cool,seems to be a lot of iffy ppl with the name too.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I chose Paula because it was a play on my male name. I have considered changing it to Melissa, but Paula is now such a part of me that it would not feel right changing it at this time.

We are lucky in that we can select our names as opposed to having it selected for us, as long as we can choose one that best fits who we are. My folks would have named me Deborah or Rachel if I were born a female. I don't see me as either of them, though.

Regrets? If you mean does a chill run up my spine when someone utters my name. Then yes. When we picked Michelle for me we didn't think the fact that our quasi daughter in law having the same name would be an issue. Well it is for me. When someone calls me that, i involuntarily look for her. Thinking of changing it to Michaela with Micky or Kay or Kayla or Ella for a nickname.

I know my mother had girl names picked out but no one in the family seems to remember what they were.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    I love my name. Nicole would have been my birth name, Erin is something I kind of pulled out of my ass.
    I go by Erin.

Also, at birth, you have no choice in the matter of your name but when you change it or pick an alias, you DO have a choice. Just dont change legally until you are sure of one you like.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Hi,
    For me it was not a problem nore my 2 nd name because my first is both male & female noel, no-el, to noeleena,
    edward to edwina. my other 2 names is different . manfred , Von Reutchthos. last name remains the same . Loch-head.

...noeleena...

There are some girl names that really Suck out there. You got to pick yours so it's one you really like. And this is bad how.I picked Angie it holds a special meaning for me and I love it.
    Angie

Gold Member
    I would have been Stephanie if born a girl according to my parents. It just didn't seem to fit me. I didn't want anything that sounded girly, cutesy, or elegant. None of those seemed to fit me. I feel more middle of the road, outgoing, and friendly (not that Stephanie isn't these, but I didn't feel it). Sue seemed to fit to me. I haven't needed a last name yet, so I haven't put too much thought into that. One thought was if I use my real last name, then I can have a debit card with two initials and the last name and I can use it anytime. That helps on mail also. The other thought was to honor a last name from my ancestry. Still haven't decided since I am not pressed on it. Maybe a naming contest?

I chose Gina based on a television character that I liked, it is one decision that I have never regrettd I've really liked the name ever since..............

Lots of love Gina x
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Within the first 48 hours of being dressed for the first time my wife and I set a lot of ground rules and made a lot of decisions that have stood the test of time. One of them was that my femme self needed and name and a separate e-mail address. We both understood that we both needed to be happy with the name, so we agreed that I would give her a list of names that I would be ok with. If she found a name on that list she was ok with then me had it, if not we'd discuss it again. I suspected that she wanted my femme self to be named Tina because of the similarity of our legs (yes, that's what she thinks!) and I was ok with Tina so I put it on the list. Sure enough, Tina it is, and the picking of my name was, thus, a collaborative effort.

Ruth is not the name I would have picked if I had sat down and tried to think of one. But it didn't work out that way. I don't understand how I knew but I knew that Ruth was my femme name. I can't change it any easier than I could change my birth name.
    So it may not be my favorite but at least I have got no doubts about it.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I always liked the name Barbara since I was a kid...but my parents named me after my dad now talk about some guilt trying to get rid of it

I selected my own femme name, and kept it quite simple as well. All I did was replace the first letter of my common male name with a J to come up with Jill.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

So many have mentioned that "If you had been a girl your name would have been ....." I wonder how many of us ever asked our parents or somehow found out what that name was. I know in my case my fem name is both the female version of my male name & the name I would have been given had I been a girl. It was my fathers name and I always hoped he would have been proud of me either way (I think he would) but unfortunately I never got to know him.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

I picked Audrey because it has a kind of 'old-fashioned' ring to it and it was the name of a woman I admired from a distance years ago. When I first got serious about dressing, I went by "Suzanne," but that was the name of a woman I was emotionally involved with when I was in my twenties and I just kind of felt adopting her name would be a little weird in a Freudian sort of way...

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Wow, I'm pretty late to the thread (war games again. Sigh).

I chose the name Kathi myself. Why? It kind of fits me - it's not that pretentious, but instead more of a girl-next-door kinda thing. The unique spelling is more for the "cute" quotient than anything. I just liked the way it looked. The name of the girl I first kissed (well, the one I remember, anyway) was named Kathie. I liked that, but it just didn't look right with the 'e' at the end.

As for Lake, it seemed to me to be a name that oozed elegance, charm, sophistication, class - and all those other things that certainly weren't me.

Put it together and you have me. Kathi Lake. Not the name I'd have been born with if I were a girl (as they were thinking I was). Not a name that someone chose for me. Not a name that was given to me. Still, it's a name that certainly speaks to who and what I am. I like it!

Kathi

My first name I chose. I always thought it was a pretty name, and it speaks to who I am as a believer in Jesus as well as my belief in my true identity. Two of my sisters have "Grace" and "Joy" as their middle names so "Faith" fits in very nicely. My middle name is Sara. My Mom was going to name me Sarah had things turned out differently. I like it better without the "h". I kept my last name the same. And I have no regrets.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I actually like my birth name. Not a lot of people have it and since Karren is made from that name... I figure my parents chose 5/6's of my femme name which is pretty good!! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dilane View Post
    Ok, Narek? Rarek? Arren? Krane? My head hurts!
    Some simple algebra can solve it and possibly make your head hurt even more!

Karren x 5/6 = arren

Let D = 1/6

1/6 + 5/6 = 1

D + arren = Darren.

That is one possible solution.

I chose my own femme name because it has same first syllable as my male so if I start to give my name I can change it mid-word. My wife is the one who is not keen on the name. I did think of lots of other names but they were either ex girlfriends' or screen/music idols' names, which I felt would not go down to well with my wife.
    Last edited by RachelPortugal; 11-02-2010 at 03:17 AM.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Self picked name which I like far more than my chosen male one. My last name chosen as a tribute to a distant GG ancestor who had the same name, the first name was partially taken from one of my favorite actresses. I chose my name long before joining this forum and just like my male name it will never change.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

my name is Jamie...to most other cds around would say your really lucky but ....for other latinos.....its not pronounced that way soooo cant win them all i guess....

people say its unisex...theres jamie fox and kennedy etc.....my mom was never shy about saying she wanted a girl lol

I actually like my birth name. Not a lot of people have it and since Karren is made from that name... I figure my parents chose 5/6's of my femme name which is pretty good!! Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by dilane View Post
    Ok, Narek? Rarek? Arren? Krane? My head hurts!
    Sooo close. Lol.
    Is it Darin or Darrin?
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Dani is a contraction of my male name. Growing up, nobody ever called me Danny (homonym) and I wouldn't have liked it anyway. Now, my innermost circle gets away with it because I know how they mean it.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde