Thread: Male Makeup

Male Makeup

Earlier this month, I finally had a week alone for the first time in years.
    I dressed a lot, took pictures, and wore makeup for the first time. However, as I washed it off I realized some hints remained.

Later in the day, I started getting a lot of compliments about how I look. So, I tried
    putting on light makeup everyday and it was crazy how many comments I got from typically stoic or negative people around me.

I had critical family members say I looked healthy and even a teacher who dislikes me walked by and said "looking good today sir."
    I think I will continue to wear makeup to highlight my male features.

That certainly is a step in the right direction. Please describe in detail what you use.

Kind regards,

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I tried different things but what is most subtle is some foundation that really matches your skin tone, some bronzer along the cheeks (as opposed to blush) and some lip gloss or light lipstick. I usually blend or wipe any of it that looks excessive. So even up close you can barely tell. Mascara can be great too as long as you prevent it from running.

That works for my skin type, but it must vary.

I wear a tinted moiturizer, mascara, light shade of eye shadow and pink lip balm to work almost every day...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I generally wear mascara, usually brown during the week, black on weekends, very light black eyeliner, tan or coffee colored lipstick and bronzer most days.
    ColleenW

We'll just keep it as our secret!
    One benefit of being a crossdresser means I get to enhance my male looks I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrogredick View Post
    We'll just keep it as our secret!
    One benefit of being a crossdresser means I get to enhance my male looks I guess.
    Yes - isn't it wonderful
    ColleenW

I have never understood why it is not acceptable for males to enhance their looks.

The purpose of cosmetics is to improve anyone's face, regardless of gender, regardless if you crossdress or not.

Why can't boys look pretty too?
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

and it can help protect you skin for the long run, (a good tip for the younger ones).
    nobody has ever said anything about just a tad of makeup on my face. and only once about my shinny nails.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Makeup can do a lot! ... why do you think women wear it? .. because it makes them look better. There is no difference just because you are male, guys can totally look better because of it too. Ok, now if you look like one of those dudes from ZZ Top I guess all that hair is going to mask the effect, but you can still have "nice eyes". In boy mode I wear subtle light foundation and mascara. Sometimes I add eyeliner and eyeshadow too if I'm feeling confident.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Emma England View Post
    I have never understood why it is not acceptable for males to enhance their looks.

The purpose of cosmetics is to improve anyone's face, regardless of gender, regardless if you crossdress or not.

Why can't boys look pretty too?
    From what I have read on the Internet men did apply makeup freekly until about the 1850's. There is a bit more freedom for men to use makeup than there was in the 1950's for example - "ordinary" men can use almost anything a woman uses except for eye shadow, lipstick, and blush. They can use foundation (unless they have facial hair), bronzers, lip gloss, eyeliner, and mascara. However the aim for the most part is to hide imperfections, and not to enhance the appearance in an obvious way.

"Why can't boys look pretty too?" - part of the rigid "masculinity anxiety" constraints.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Ancient Egyptian males wore makeup too. Some of it was functional (eyeliner to protect the eyes) but much of it was to enhance beauty.
    I guess rock stars get a free pass too...

My Goth style actually had a lot of Ancient Egyptian accents to it. Those barbs inside the eyes, the darkened eyes, and such. We all associate that with women only, but men did too. The dark under the eyes was to reduce sun glare...like the stripes football players wear. The Egyptian style was quite ornate though.

My current style has much Japanese style, along with the aforementioned style. (Gads I forgot the name of the Japanese style where men act as women, but maintain manly features)

I love how that black brings out my eyes, and when I combine the blue the effect is fantastic upon the blue of my eyes.