Thread: Angie finally left the house. Not by choice. Still counts

Angie finally left the house. Not by choice. Still counts

Well, I did it. I left the house fully dressed.
    I had planned all day to go out tonight and go for a drive. Got all dolled up and waited for darkness to arrive. In between I started cleaning and cooking. Rewarded myself with a beer. OOPS. I can't go out now. What if I get pulled over? Shoot. Stuck in the house again.
    Fate calls. OK it was my wife. She had a flat tire. I have a portable compresser in my car. She asks if I can come to her workplace and fill it. I remind her I am fully dressed. She doesn't care. She wants the tire inflated. I am a good husband, so I say ok. I made one concession. I changed out of my skirt into a pair of ladies jeans. That imho look pretty good on me. Not going to ruin a good skirt and hose.
    Big problem. Halloween party is beaking up at my neighbors house. Lots of people outside. Too bad. My wife needs help. Walk out as confident as possible, get in the car and go.
    Got to the parking lot at Giant Eagle. She is parked in a bit of a remote location. Whew!!!! Filled the tire with no problems. Even with a couple of cars driving by.

I will do the dress and drive again soon

Wow was that fun!!!!!!!

Congratulations Angie! And you are right, it still counts

that sounds like fun, I hope one day to have that courage.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Its starts with just that one step out the door I have yet to just go for a drive or shop dressed. Have left for a club dressed and came home in daylight.. that was a scarey time since my neighbor across the street happen to be in and out of the house as I backed up in the drive way.. waited and finally made a dash for it.. I have to do that again to feel the rush..

Hugs,
    Marissa
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

It ALL counts.

Next time, leave the skirt on... then after that don't wait until dark. Before you know it, you'll be bra shopping at the local department store while dressed. As others have noticed here, it is a very slippery slope, but SOOOO much fun!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

shopping for a bra, that was just this past week for me, in one store found a long night gown i just had to have then went to get the bra i needed, on the way out i found a number of things on the discount rack..all at macys. and yes i was dressed...i do not "pass" or blend in very good but no problems with any of the three sa. even on the way out a lady bum (teaching her daughter to beg) mam'd me for cash.
    ----please do not get me wrong i have bent over backward and gone way out of my way to HELP someone, but i do not like beggars.----

but try to keep the beer cold till you get home for the night. a dui is not a very good thing to have on your head. and the states need cash so the police are out looking for any reason to pull people over.

Gosh Angie, I never would have guessed you have not been out before this, all you are missing is the confidence cause you DO look great.

Jenny

Of course it counts Angie, and you will do it again

I agree with Christi, leave the skirt on next time. Just up the ante slightly every time......baby steps.

Good for you.

Tash

You're a good girl and she's ready to accept the help from you! Sounds like it all worked out. I glad for you.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

It is fun I love driving fully dressed.
    Angie

Forget the dress and drive. You are ready to meet people. You made it that far then go out into the world and have some fun.
    Michelle

Platinum Member
    Hi Angie

If I looked as great as you do I'd be out there all the time I've yet to see a picture of you that isn't just fantastic.

Orchid

From the pictures you have posted here, you are among the prettiest and most "passable" of the women on this board. I was shocked to read that you have not been out of the house before! I certainly wouldn't want to push you into something you're not ready for, but really, you could go anywhere and do anything, and the world would be a more beautiful place as a result of your being out and about in it. As soon as you're able, you should get out the door and let the rest of us enjoy your great smile and fashion sense!

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Doolittle View Post
    Gosh Angie, I never would have guessed you have not been out before this, all you are missing is the confidence cause you DO look great.

Jenny
    Confidence is the one thing I am missing. I would still like to be better at walking and talking. Just need someone to practice with. Are you game?

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    From the pictures you have posted here, you are among the prettiest and most "passable" of the women on this board. I was shocked to read that you have not been out of the house before! I certainly wouldn't want to push you into something you're not ready for, but really, you could go anywhere and do anything, and the world would be a more beautiful place as a result of your being out and about in it. As soon as you're able, you should get out the door and let the rest of us enjoy your great smile and fashion sense!

- Diane
    I am so just thrilled that you think I am one of the "prettiest and most passable" ladies in the forum. I personally believe I just take a really good picture. I am not sure I look that good in person. Someone else will have to let me know. First thing I need to do is get some contacts. I take my glasses off for all my photos. That helps my look. But I have to say, I really enjoyed being out of the house while dressed. I will be doing it again.....................soon.

Good going Girl, and good on your wife as well.

I understand about the glasses. I've worn them since I was 8, and have never been out dressed without them. I just had cataract surgery in one eye a couple of weeks ago and as a pleasant bonus from getting the new lens implant, I have usable distance vision (although only in my left eye) for the first time in my life now, so I'm contemplating going out without my glasses for the first time soon. It will probably require that I re-learn everything I've discovered about doing my eye makeup over the years.

Wish you were closer, but maybe we could split the difference and meet in Indianapolis or someplace one day when you're out and about!

- Diane

The journey has begun.... Regina's Avatar
    Good going Angie!

There are plenty of places to drive in Central Ohio. In my early days cruising around Grandview,Campus and the Short North area was fun, never had any problem. Next you will be buying gas going to the Post Office etc,etc.

Good luck and enjoy!

Regina

Quote Originally Posted by Angie Sweet View Post
    Well, I did it. I left the house fully dressed.
    I had planned all day to go out tonight and go for a drive. Got all dolled up and waited for darkness to arrive. In between I started cleaning and cooking. Rewarded myself with a beer. OOPS. I can't go out now. What if I get pulled over? Shoot. Stuck in the house again.
    Fate calls. OK it was my wife. She had a flat tire. I have a portable compresser in my car. She asks if I can come to her workplace and fill it. I remind her I am fully dressed. She doesn't care. She wants the tire inflated. I am a good husband, so I say ok. I made one concession. I changed out of my skirt into a pair of ladies jeans.
    You had a beer so you weren't going to drive but after your wife called you drove anyway?

I don't think one beer makes a lot of difference for most of us. It wouldn't make you legally drunk bur it would be on your breath and a LEO could smell it.

Anyway, it's great you got out.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Good for you Angie. Now you need to make a road trip to the mall. Go for it. You are a great looking gal!

Good for you! It will get easier and you'll get more confident. Relax. it's wonderful!
    warmly, Linnea