Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being tall....

Being tall....

Last night I was at a wedding(in drab) sitting back and watching a couple of very tall GG's walking in high heels(4'). They both were 6'+ without heels...both had problems staying on there heels,falling side to side,walking without any grace...hmmmm I should of tried and teach them how to walk in heels.

There were a group of guys watching these GG's but desided to joke about there height calling them "amazon women" (males + booze= jerks). The GG's were nice looking ,dressed to the nines but these guys were just way out of there ,I can't understand why....I'm 5'11" and love 4" heels ,I now wonder if I am an "amazon" woman and do/would these guys say the same thing...hmmmmm
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

It's good to hear there are GGs around who are 6'+. One of the things I find most difficult when dressed is my height. That is to say I am very selfconscious about it - and I'm only 5'9. I do feel I tower over most women in the street; I just feel if I was a couple of inches shorter I would blend in so much easier.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I can sure get it. I am six foot six barefoot! I am extremely self conscious about going out, as I tower over men and women! I can look good, but, get read easily, unless from a hundred feeet away. That is why i seldom go out. Those guys would surely call me an Amazon woman, or a guy in a dress!!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn40c View Post
    I now wonder if I am an "amazon" woman and do/would these guys say the same thing...hmmmmm
    Probably, but I'm sure they would say the same thing to me (I'm 5'10"). You summed it up pretty well: "(males + booze= jerks)". I suppose the majority of GG's out there are still shorter than the average male, but I personally see plenty of very pretty and feminine 6'+ GGs at and around work on a weekly basis.

I honestly don't think that height really has a huge impact on how feminine someone appears, although I may be a bit biased as my wife is also 5' 10" :P

Well, I'm 5'10'', and one of the reasons why I enjoy shopping for women's clothes so much is the enthusiasm with which most female SA's seem to serve me. At first I thought it was because they were trying to be kind and supportive and appeared to appreciate my efforts to be as well-dressed, well-groomed, and as "passable" as possible.

While I think that is still the case, I also now think that it is because women's clothes just seem to hang so well on me because of my height. And let's face it, most "supermodels" are in the 5' 10" - 6" range and women's clothes are still largely designed to those proportions. In my case, I typically wear a Size 14, and I find that the shoulder widths and the lengths of the arms, pants legs, skirt and dress hems of the "regular" women's' sizes are just perfect for me and require no further alterations. The SA's can see this too, and they really seem to enjoy treating me like their personal clotheshorse because of it as they keep plying me with more and more stuff to try on. I can't even begin to count how many of them have told me on those occasions just how good their stores' clothes looked on me, and how much they envied me for my height and overall body shape.

Perhaps the reason they were having problems is they to are conscious of their height and don't normally wear high heels as they don't want to stand out in a crowd, or tower over the boys when out socializing.

Yes they would. . . Who cares though. They kept it to themselves. The GG's obviouly didnt care. Dont worry about other people, otherwise the more you worry about what people might or might not say about you is one of the biggest reasons why a lot of cders are nervous about going out.

I'm a quarter of a foot over 6' and it doesn't bother me a bit.

to all my taller sisters, this short T.S. is jealous.

the way you all look when in heels is fabulous.

Hugs

Danni

I am 6'2....over the years as I crossdressed more and more, the heels became less important...blending in became more important...and now blending is vital to my well being..

i have worn heels once in the last 6 months, and that was to a wedding...the funniest part was there was a woman there that was easily 6'3 maybe even 6'4...she wore a blockier heel but it was a heel...we smiled at each other but didnt speak (i didnt know her)...

anyway..i loved the way i felt in my heels and dress and i'd never been to a wedding as myself ....it was areally a nice feeling..

if you can think of it as just doing what you like, and feeling good about yourself, you can get over some of the obvious issues around being a giant amazon lady!!..and if you can get comfortable in heels or out of them, then you'll be just like all the other tall girls...gg or otherwise

Wow, you all are great. I'm 6'1" and now I don't feel like I would be so totally out of place. I'll probably still feel like I'm taller than so many women, but I think I might feel better about it.

Being tall generally is a better look. It just makes you stand out. Height is a minor indicator of male versus female, and probably interferes with passing more because people give you a second look.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

Banned Read only
    Trying to blend in at six foot barefooted even without wearing three inch heels is rather difficult. I can dress appropriately for my age, but, my height will attract attention. Being six foot was great for attracting girls in my youth, but, even then my height made it difficult to slow dance with a lot of women. Since I ended up marrying a woman 5'3", now I would prefer to have been born 5'7"-5"8" and be able to walk down the street in 3 inch heels without attracting attention.

If the girls were having trouble walking in their heels it was not because of thier height.It was because they weren't use to walking in heels. At the party here in Vegas there was more then one girl over 6' 5" bear foot in boots with 6" heels and they had no problem walk or dancing.

I agree that those guys were jerks. I love to see a really tall woman gliding along in some nice stilettos. Then again, I'm a leg man, and they have that area pretty well covered! LOL

Banned Read only
    At 6'1" I just don't worry about it. I am a woman and women wear heels. If anyone has something to say about it is thier problem not mine. Get over it and go have fun looking sexy as hell in your heels.

Male insecurities

I'm 6 foot tall without heels, and really it's all about confidence, if you're confident people generally won't give you a hard time about it, a lot of GG's would love to be that tall I think, so why not flaunt it.
    Save the internet - use recycled pixels
    The Only Tag that is worth having is the one for the dress you're looking at buying - and even that's not always 100% correct

I'm not sure I get it...I'm 5'10" and i see PLENTY of women who are easily my height or taller. I really don't think a 6' tall woman is at all unusual anymore.

Hi,

Lets turn this around would these lads wear those heels & stand up let alone walk in them . would they have walked on a straight white line with out falling over.. even in thier shoes .....

im 5 9 & can wear heels 2 1 / 2 ins is cool tho most of the time im in flats & my women friends most are shorter by some & others are 6 ins over me . hey who cares because we are all different whats the problem & who defines what height we should or not be .
    as said they have thier own insecurities

...noeleena...

nothing wrong with amazon women. most women wish they were taller. If you are tall then be proud of it. If you are short then be proud of being short.

I am 6'1" and I don't usually wear heels because of it, but some special ocassions require them.
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    Being tall generally is a better look. It just makes you stand out. Height is a minor indicator of male versus female, and probably interferes with passing more because people give you a second look.
    Ditto to what Juno says about the second look. I think I do okay at a glance, but my look can't withstand the scutiny that tall women get, so I don't try to pass myself off as a GG when out.

being tall sucks i say lol....well maybe im alone here...but seems its super hard to find things that fit......most people that are taller have longer arms as do i...that makes it even harder

Losers who know they'd have no chance with the women make such comments.
    Walk tall & proud.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

As I've posted many times, if you're a tall girl then stand tall and proud. I'm 6'4" and wear 2"-3" heels everyday to work. I always have to smile when I walk past a child and overhear them saying "that woman is tall". No matter what you do you're not going to be any shorter than you are so you might as well just go with what you've got. Just put on those cute shoes and get out there.

Being tall probably had nothing to do with those ladies having difficulty walking, it was probably lack of practice or, depending on how late in the evening, the level of "mood altering libations" they may have consumed
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda