Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being tall....

I enjoy my height--6'0"
    warmly, Linnea

You are totally correct, booze and guys = jerks. The girls were trying to do something that they didn't practice first. Now because they were tall girls they probably drew more attention than if they were 5ft somthing. I have a daughter that stands 6'-1" and I stand 6'-4". Along with that I work around girls who play college basketball and volleyball for which are by nature they are taller than most. So don't sweat the hight and have fun. JMO

I am 6'1"and when I was dressing 24/7 I wore a high heel sandle that gave me another 3 inches. It was not my hight but my width that really gave me away.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Being tall (6'3 ) makes it hard to blend but I seem to blend when wearing flats and clothes that dont attract attention. I guess to most people
    tall is tall medium is medium and short is short. That seems to be the way I am seen when shopping. Having lunch is much easier because I am
    sitting down.

I'll definitely agree here, I'm very self-conscious about my height compared to other GGs and I'm even shorter than some of the others in the thread (5'11")... However I have been noticing more and more GGs closer to might height both with and without heels. Regardless, its true that being talk in-and-of itself doesn't make a person more or less one gender or another.. It may draw you a little more attention, but ultimately if you look passable (if that's what you're going for) you'll be just fine. That's what I tell myself at least when I'm out in both flats and heels

No doubt about it though. At six foot six in nylon feet, and going out in 2 1/2" to 4" inch heels, umless a distance away, I have gotten a lot of looks, and once ina while verbal response, but, it goes with being almost seven feet in heels.

I am 6'2' and like the majority am self conscience of my height. I like to wear heels, 3 inch no higher, thus making it even harder (or easier), to blend in (stand out). I have been reading some of the comments of talk GGs on tallwomen.org and have a better feeling for the height. The only other item I need to get over is the "Adam's Apple"..easy give away. As to height I try an use it as a confidence builder. Let other's worry or be insecure with regards to my height.
    [SIZE="3"]Luv ,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Theresa
    [/SIZE]

Go Steelers!

I agree with the whole confidence thing. Being tall and lanky myself (6'1 140lb), The clothes that fit are usually short and tight, as opposed to being loose and baggy which I don't really like. Likewise, my skirts end up being barely there and my tops often look like I'm intentionally trying to show my tummy.

As for heels, they're fun and we shouldn't abandon them just because we're tall!

I'm 6'3" and appreciate being tall. I also love heels and appreciate being even taller. My style of dress suggests that I wear heels. I wear flats when appropriate, but hate that they make my feet look big.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Banned Read only
    Just to stir your thoughts......
    I was just at one of the local grocery stores. Just for fun I thought I would count the women who were as tall or taller than me. I am 6' 1" in my bare feet and today I am wearing flats and jeans because I will not be meeting with any customers unless there is a problem. It took me 35 minutes and I counted 23 women who appeared to me to be gg at least my height or just slightly shorter. I counted 9 that were taller than me that includes 3 who were at least 6' 8". I managed to position myself close enough to each of them to really see them and all appeared to be gg. Even if a few might have been TG/TS/CD that is still a very large number of women as tall or taller than I in such a short time span in one place.
    Take for what it is worth............
    Last edited by Jorja; 11-03-2010 at 11:47 AM.