Thread: First time out en femme

First time out en femme

I was very generously invited to a party last Saturday night in a city a couple of hours or so from my home. My wife did my make-up for me, and I dressed as appropriately as I could. It was incredibly exciting to drive in traffic as a female. I really felt pretty. I received a couple of positive looks along the way, which was flattering. I must say, my wife is masterful with make-up and I have her to thank for making me look so good.

When I arrived at the party, it was surprisingly natural to touch up my hair and lipstick, grab my borrowed purse, sling it over my shoulder and walk proudly to the front door of my party host. It was as if I had been doing this all my life, when in fact it was the very first time! That revelation proved to me that I am meant to dress and conduct myself as a woman. I felt completely whole.

My entire life I have never felt complete as an individual. I found that being publicly a woman was utterly "completing." I wasn't expecting that and enjoyed every bit of it.

I stopped at a fuel station on my way home. I pulled into a very large station and noticed a guy parking at the pump on one end, so I headed for the opposite end, as far away from him as I could get. I began filling my tank and suddenly noticed he had moved his car to the pump directly in front of mine. "Oh, joy," I thought. The guy could not stop looking at me, I mean every three seconds he looked. I'm not one to be very confident of my girly appearance, but at midnight I think I look pretty authentic. I felt slightly flattered, but mostly scared. I finished pumping, hopped in my car, and drove off. I thought about stopping at an upscale bar for a drink alone, but it was getting late and I had a very long drive home, so I passed on that idea.

I'm now totally hooked. I mean, I know in my heart there is no turning back. I will go out en femme to safe locations at safe times of day. The feeling after this first experience was absolutely magical.
    Last edited by Amanda22; 11-01-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Okay..here begins the life of a woman who has had all restraints removed..LOOK OUT WORLD, HERE SHE COMES!!! Good for you on getting out with the help of your supporting wife.. but I like how either you are being sneaky about details or saving for another thread on what happened after you rang the doorbell to the party????

Thank you for sharing your first venture..i'm sure many more to come..

Hugs,
    Marissa
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Yep, you are hooked! The "good news" is that you will continue to have these good feelings for a long time. How fortunate that your wife is so supportive.
    Hugs, Carole

Very happy for you. Being out in public enfemme is definitely a rush the first time that you do it, especially if it goes as well as you described. It's as if a whole new world has opened up to you.

Post some pics so the rest of us can enjoy your glorious evening as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa View Post
    Okay..here begins the life of a woman who has had all restraints removed..LOOK OUT WORLD, HERE SHE COMES!!!
    You are so right. My life will never be the same. I'm fortunate beyond reason to have my lovely wife's encouragement. She's the woman I always wanted to meet, not just because of her support of my need to CD, but because she's a perfect match for me.

Oh the party itself? It was really relaxed with great conversation and getting acquainted with like-minded girls as it was a TG-friendly gathering. No wild happenings, I'm sorry to report I loved conducting myself as the most well-mannered lady I could possibly be. I had a wonderful time! Sorry, there were only group photos and I don't want to publish that without consent...

Havin fun learning Ashleythenewgirl's Avatar
    Good for you Amanda! It is so easy to get hooked. Thanks so much for sharing your story....always fun reading.
    If you want to be my friend I will welcome you with open arms.
    If you want to judge me, stay away and keep your mouth shut.

Mandy,
    What a wonderful experience for you. I'm sure you'll find shopping enfemme exciting as well. There will be a lot of firsts for you in the near future. Cherish each one. The first time you are addressed as Ma'am will be great, as will the first time you confidently use the Ladies room. I'm really happy for you.

Freddy

Wonderful experiences! The uneasiness at the gas pump makes me think that being a woman comes with some different concerns about safety and security. Nonetheless, it sounds as if you had a great time, and like some others, you're hooked! It's very exciting! Thank you for sharing it.
    warmly, Linnea

Mandy, you certainly seemed relaxed and having a good time at our group's party. You looked great and no one would have thought this was your first time out in public. You had nothing to be worried about at the fuel station, except that maybe the guy was just admiring a lovely lady. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Here's a photo of you at the party that I cropped the others out of:
    Image006b.jpg
    Phoebe

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe Reece View Post
    Mandy, you certainly seemed relaxed and having a good time at our group's party. You looked great and no one would have thought this was your first time out in public. You had nothing to be worried about at the fuel station, except that maybe the guy was just admiring a lovely lady. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Here's a photo of you at the party that I cropped the others out of...
    Phoebe, thanks so much for taking the time to do the photo edit!! It was very comfortable chatting with you Saturday. I hated to leave, but had to get home sometime! Thanks for the vote of confidence about my appearance. I'm really shaky in my confidence, which is probably normal... Thanks again for everything!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Feeling relaxed and comfortable while out is a sign that you were meant to do this.
    Enjoy and have fun exploring a new world.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Amanda, so lovely in that photo and more importantly clearly happy.

Great !! Thanks for sharing .. you look awesome so it is natural to be a woman .. go girl
    love

I am glad that you have finally escaped the closet. Now you will be able to experience life as a girl and then you will understand the phrase "Best of Both Worlds" with new meaning.
    Michelle

It is nice to get out now and then especially when you are surrounded by good and caring friends. Your wife sounds exceptionally understanding also and I hope we hear more of your outings now that you are a woman of the world.

But next time…. Pictures, pah lease!!!

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny J View Post
    Your wife sounds exceptionally understanding also
    Jenny, you are so right about my wife. She has given me the greatest gift by marrying me in the first place and making me the happiest person. But then to encourage and teach me to develop my look, I just can't believe it. I hope I'm not an irritant on this forum because I'm happy.

Happy is good, it's what we all want. By your sharing we get to be happy along with you.

Oh wow Mandy, how cool

Getting out and about is so wickedly addictive isn't it?
    Look out world, another sister has found her wings.

[SIZE=4]And so it starts..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I am so proud of you taking that major step and actually being able to relax while out. Once you get out and the nerves settle down, you find that it is, as you siad, the most natural thing ever.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hope you continue to have fun and get out ther. Who knows what your next steps will be???[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Amanda,
    Happy for you, You will remember that wonderful evening forever. Everything changed that night
    It's a wonderful feeling and kind of addictive. Enjoy it and be safe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happiness is contagious! You are truly blessed with a supportive wife. It is also great to have a support system of other ladies isnt it. I still feel the same excitement/exhiliration/nervousness when I get out. It is kind of like downhill skiing to me- a rush but also trying to stay on my feet. You already discovered something quickly when your out. People (including men) will look at you differently, and also act differently around u when dressed.

Shrek said it best. "Better out than in"