Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did nylons pave your path to crossdressing?

I agree with you Ria. I don't really have a set word for them but it's either pantyhose, hose, or nylons because they are in fact made out of nylon for the most part. Stockings are nylons that are clipped to a garter, thigh highs are stockings minus the garter, tights are what dancers and figure skaters wear, as well as teens kids and me when I have hairy legs. I think it all boils down to how you were raised and what part of the planet you live on. In the UK and other places in Europe, pantyhose are called tights.....tights is the name regardless if it's sheer pantyhose or thick opaque tights.

Irregardless, they're awesome on legs!!!

Mom's stockings and pumps. Later it was pantyhose!

Yup, nylon stockings rock. Many times during my marriage (that was breaking down) I would put on a pair of her nylons and go to bed, and hope that something would happen. I'm sure she felt the feeling of my legs on her, but ignored that, and ignored the other obvious stuff. I am separated now, very happily, and exploring "Julie". Panties and bras. I think bras are the best. I bought one a couple of weeks ago. Purple. Gorgeous. Even on me:-)

I'm confused if other's can see my profile picture. I have it turned on, but I can't see it, even as a guest. Do junior members have no pic? I'm proud of the pic! Many years lead up to it!
    Julie

Yes, very much so as I remember pulling on moms OBG and feeling all those garters hitting my leg just wanting to be hooked up to nylons

Yes. Pantyhose started it all (and still my #1 item today).

Pantyhose were the first thing I tried on at an early age, it was after church on a Saturday night.

I can remember being fascinated by the smoothness of my grandma's legs when I was about five when I noticed the fact when we were riding in a car. She always wore gartered hose, even after pantyhose came in style. I know this as she saved her old stockings to stuff dolls that she sewed. And I've always had a "thing" for satin as long as I can remember.

Flash forward to about twelve years old. The parents were out at a function and I was left alone with my younger brother and sister. I walked into the parents' bedroom and found my brother trying on our mom's pantyhose. That had never crossed my mind before, so I tried them on and was instantly hooked. I just wore borrowed panties and hose until I was out of high school, though I do remember buying some novelty print bikini panities from the Penney's catalog while still in junior high. But it has all snowballed from first trying on the hose.

Quote Originally Posted by gracee View Post
    Pantyhose are not nylons! [Discuss]
    I consider 'nylons' to encompass both pantyhose and stockings, as in "All stockings are nylons, but not all nylons are stockings".

And for me, too, it started with pantyhose. As I've related here before there's a picture of me trying them on in my crib; I'm at a loss as to how I got my hands on them in the first place at that age! After that I wore my mother's and grandmother's whenever I got the (rare) opportunity. From there it just escalated into full dressing over the years.

I can't see my avatar photo, either. IS it a 'no. of posts' thing?

After figuring out at a young age that my mom's outer clothes and shoes didn't fit me, I gravitated toward her lingerie drawer and spent a lot of time as a child (around ages 5 - 12 or so) wearing her classic Playtex girdles and stockings. She didn't wear hosiery often at all after I came along and really never got into pantyhose, although they were on the market by that time. And she wore her stockings so rarely that I don't think she ever really noticed if they were out of place after I raided her drawers.

So although I did, practically speaking, get into crossdressing largely through hose, it wasn't especially by choice -- it was just the one thing I could get hold of easily that fit me reasonably well. I would have loved to wear skirts, dresses and heels back then, but didn't have access to any that I could get into until some years later.

I also enjoyed mom's jewelry drawer, and especially her earrings. She knew about this part, and didn't even raise much of a fuss when I wanted to get my ears pierced at age nine. That, however, was also the end of my borrowing, because she wore only clip-ons and didn't have pierced ears.

- Diane

Pantyhose weren't around when I started, but when they came out....Woo Hoo! I guess it was nylons and garters, bras and heels that started me. Pantyhose became a nice driving force later on.

Banned Read only
    Ria, as good as you look I think your biggest problem would be undressing and going back to guy mode, it would be for me. My first item was trying on a little girl playmates shoes when I was 3 or 4. believe it or not at that early age it was so exciting and wonderful we had an argument because she wanted her shoes back and I didn't want to give them up. Next time was wrapping a baby blanket around me while playing at age 12, like electricity going thru me once again. Lipstick at 18 in the high school play and wearing my wife's panties at 20 of which she couldn't understand and I shouldn't do that. After the divorce it was freedom to pursue what had been natural all my life, it's a blessing so many others don't have.

slips, panties, and girdle where my starting place, nylons where to delicate, and, I feared ruining them. After all I was only six, and they seemed so delicate, and my big sister might have beaten me up if I ruined her stockings. But by seven I was into everything. As far as one thing setting us off, I doubt that, if it wasn't the slip it would have been something else, I was meant to wear this stuff, and there must be little boys out there that tried on a piece of girls clothing and said yuck, and never did it again.
    Tina B.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I'm pretty much a stockings man, and woman! I like them on the ladies, and on me too. I only use pantyhose to disguise myself when robbing banks.

Seems as if I've said this before. Maybe on the same thread, just a previous version.
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Nope, it was my mother's nylon slips hanging in the bathroom. But, that lead pretty quick to stockings and girdles to hold them up. Stockings and thigh highs remain my choice with a garter belt. I only wear pantyhose when I am under-dressing. I do not want the girdle outline to show through my pant legs.

Started with my mother's high heels but quickly wanted to see how it would feel to have stockinged feet inside those heels. First tried on my mother's stockings but later borrowed my sisters pantyhose. Pantyhose became my early clothing of choice but enjoyed shoes almost as much. Now I prefer a full outfit to complete the look and feel. Not all that motivated to wear only one item of clothing anymore.

What a great thread, particularly due to that fact I am in agreement.

Yes “tights” were the item I first tried and got hooked on. It seems so trivial yet fundamental that a pair of hose could have such an influence and hold so much power. I have always had a love of hose. It was the first thing I wore that made me feel femme.

12 years after first wearing them, now at 32, I wear tights or stockings at least a few times a week, including to work.

Now it’s colder here, I wear them nearly every day.

Stockings and heels was what piqued my curiousity when I was about 4. Dabbled with tights, as we call them in the UK, for my teen years, but was always more interested in Stockings. Thank god for the advent of Hold ups/Thigh highs, as I love them.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

I am of the unfortunate kind. My first pantyhose experience was as a teenager. And I wasn't looking for it. I mean not specifically for pantyhose, but the idea of wearing female from head to toe was there often. So when the opportunity showed up, time, space and available pantyhose, I took it.

Pantyhose started it for me. I remember the day it happened. A girl in gym class wore them under her shorts. From that day on I was hooked.

"I need more cowbell." dennisGTS's Avatar
    It was just plain satin panties that got me started when I was about 6.
    (¯`'•.(¯`'•.¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,•♥• ƸӜƷ•♥• ,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº ¤ø,¸¸,•♥•ƸӜƷ•♥•,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸ ,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸.• '´¯)¸.•'´¯)
    [SIZE="3"]"Crossdressing men, with a little discretion and a lot of anxiety, can pass as normal and retain all the privilege of their birthright.
    They don't have to tell anyone they are wearing lacy panties under their jeans."

–Helen Boyd[/SIZE]

(`*•...*(`*•.¸...-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-¸.•*´)*...•*´)

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Absolutely, YES! - Mom wore everyday and i remember being fasinated with them... so eventually i "borrowed" some and was hooked. Today nylon (PH, KH, Stocking/thi-highs) of some sort will always be part of my dressing and often under dressing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

The combination of pantyhose and high heels naturally led to skirts and dresses, for me. I love the feeling - the smoothness, the tightness... Yummy! Not to mention that they can make legs that maybe wouldn't look too good without them look sweet. Being a leg man myself, I like to see a nice set of legs peeking out from a skirt...

Sure. I started with nylons, but thigh highs. Used the excuse that they were to keep my legs warm. The rest is history.

panties,slips, nightgowns bras then pantyhose now usually garterbelt and nylons or thigh hi's the panties were the easiest early on my mother had lots of them so she didn't notice a pair missing now and then.Of coarse as I'm sure most of you will agree the whole package is where it's at-kind of like the hokey pokey lol

My mother didn't wear pantyhose, I started with stockings. But Pantyhose were my holy grail, and when I first tried them on it was sheer delight! (and sometimes opaque delight!). A friend used to sell me his sister's thrown away pantyhose. I don't recall how I found out that he "recovered" them, and I never asked why (should have, we could have had fun as highschoolers dressing together ;-) ). I wear pantyhose every day now and I'm always looking for just the right ones, like the ones my Highschool friend's sister used to wear.