Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did nylons pave your path to crossdressing?

Smile Did nylons pave your path to crossdressing?

Like you- most likely, I'm a pantyhose conosur. The love affair started when I was around five years old when I procured my first pair from mom's dresser drawer. I was compelled to put them on, it was one of my earliest childhood memories. In later years I "liberated" ripped nylons from my mom's garbage can in her bedroom, gross hey! ... my only option at the time.

I was lucky to have a fashionable mom that wore nylons daily. Her color choice widely varied depending on her outfit so I had a steady supply. In my early twenties I shaved my legs and it was like I discovered pantyhose all over again. I started wearing them even more but the desire to crossdress wasn't really strong with one exception. Skirts looked and felt amazing with my new legs!

Truth is, it worried me a lot- that I might be heading down a continuum with one clothing item leading to the next- tops, shoes, bras etc. I was concerned my exploration and curiosity would end with the purchase of a wig and makeup; this was on my mind and my feelings were mixed as I slowly discovered my crossdressing life unfolded as predicted. Was I going to become a transvestite? This was troubling to me.

Today, I'm very happy and accepting of myself. I have brown eyes, why try and make them blue or pretend they are blue... enjoy brown eyes. So I enjoy my feminine side that came to me honestly. I'm lucky that I also enjoy being a man just as much, variety is the spice of life.

So! that's my story, pantyhose is where it all started for me.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Ria; 11-04-2010 at 11:15 AM.

It will be interesting to see where this thread goes!

I too am one that started with pantyhose at an early age, then fell in love with lingeri and stockings, but it took me almost 25 years before I moved on and brought some heels . From there on in there was no stopping me and in the last few years I have developed more than in the last 20 years, maybe I just grew up or injust relaxed and let me be me

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    Well the first thing I ever tried on was a one piece swimsuit but it was when I found tights that I fell in love with being girly

Nope.. When I started. Pantyhose hadn't been invented or if it had wasn't available yet... I was totally into bras and girdles... Heavy duty, industrial strength, 1950's vintage foundations... My mother had a nice collection but my grandmother had the best stuff.. And silk stockings!! I do remember in high school when my girlfriend asked me to stop by the store and pick her up some pantyhose... I bought myself a pair too... But I was never that emphatuated with them..
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-04-2010 at 07:01 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Pantyhose was my start and i went into heels, skirts, wigs and makeup. I really got into it after i went through a bad relationship that lasted for about six years. It was very exciting for me to get dressed up and go to my PO Box late at night.
    Also cute outfit, sexy legs and love the heels.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    As a young children YES I sneak mommas stockings. I still find the feel of two stocking cladded feet rubbing together heavenly.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Seems to be the case for me, my mother brought up stories of me wearing her tights/pantyhose at a young age (5 or so, maybe younger). I don't really recall why (I was 5 after all lol) but I apparently did it a lot...

I do love how they look, wish girls wore them more often they are so lucky! They feel amazing too.

In adult life, this was the first thing I bought. It just sort of symbolised feminine to me (sorry if that sounds like a horrible stereotype).
    Last edited by RachelDee; 11-04-2010 at 12:18 PM.

I don't think it was pantyhose, although I do remember mom hanging them to dry in the bathroom (remember when most families had only ONE bathroom?) What I remember are the bras and swim suits, anything that had a strap go over your shoulder. I have since discovered the joys of skirts and dresses and have graduated into all kinds of different styles.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ria
    Did nylons pave your path to crossdressing?
    [SIZE="2"]No. I wear them from time to time, but they didn’t cause me to crossdress...
    You know what “paved my path” to crossdressing? My frustration over having to wear boy’s clothes, and the desire to wear something pretty and feminine. Case closed.
    [/SIZE]

Nope, It was heels for me. Then nylons and garter belts.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Yup. Though I desired to wear many things before getting any chance to (my sisters' party dresses, school uniforms, etc) the first piece of clothing I really got to TRY were pantyhose.

It didn't take long to work my way up from there, resulting in no time at all in 'borrowing' dresses, skirts, full outfits.

Still to this day nothing feels as feminine to me as pulling on a pair of sheer hose.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

No. When I started dressing I wanted to look like a little girl, and in those days little girls didn't wear stockings or tights, just short ankle socks, or when it got colder, knee high socks. Stockings/tights came much later when my older sister had them. Incidentally I never ever, even thought about wearing any of my mother's items, apart from the size issue, her in built radar would have had me caught immediately.

No. For me it was panties...then bras.....slips. Eventually it evolved to garter belts and nylon stockings. Today I rarely dress without putting on a garter belt and nylons.

Too early to remember, but I'm sure panyhose was one of my firsts to try on, then it was all down hill from there for the last 35+ yrs.

WW

For me it was an OBG and stockings.

I can't decide if it was long curly hair, or pantyhose that started drawing me to girly things. When I was young I also coveted the frilly dresses. I really can't say. But waht I can say is pantyhose are my one faveorate things, and first things I got ahold of.

I remember my family getting the Sears catalog when I was a kid (6 - 8 y.o.) and just studying the hosiery pages in absolute awe. Then sneaking into my mothers underwear draw and loving how her pantyhose felt on me. That was definitely a formidable experience for me. Even now, on a chilly day i love how they feel under my pants. I've always preferred hose to garter and stockings probably for that reason.

It was pantyhose for me, Started back in the early 80's and at that time every woman I knew wore pantyhose.....skirts, dresses, dress pants, they mostly wore them. Now being a leg person myself I was naturally drawn to them. I remember rubbing up against my mom's, sisters, and aunts legs and feeling how soft and smooth looking with hose. I don't remember exactly when I first tried them on but it was my sisters pantyhose first and then a pair of my moms tan Sheer Energy hose. After that I was hooked and then came the snowball affect and I branched out to everything else feminine. That being said, pantyhose will always be a staple of whatever I'm going to wear.
    Never did get heavily into stockings and garters.....it was the 80's....they just weren't around at the time I was discovering my other side.

Gold Member
    Like Karen;
    I started with the heave girdles. I would sneak into my
    Mom's closet and try out her Playtex Pantie-girdles. I can still smell
    the rubber sent of the girdles. No pantie-hoes as of yet, just hose
    with the seam in back. And would try the bullet bra's that were the
    Rage in the 50's. they were all to big for me then.
    Boy, those were the days. Rader

OH MY YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Mom would hand wash her stockings and hang them up in the laundry room to dry! Of course a young lad or beginng lady was obligated to touch them and eventually try them on! Then the girdle, open bottom with a silky lacey slip and as they say, the rest is history! I've been girly ever since and I like it!

I don't think pantyhose paved the path for me. I think it was knee highs that started it for me then panties.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

Pantyhose are not nylons! [Discuss]

Started with one stocking. Ihad gone on Halloween as a stockinged masked robber. Later in my room, I wondered what it would feel like against my leg. Wll, you can guess the rest. Moved onward and upward.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    When I was a teenager I loved to wear pantyhose.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

So interesting! the CD thing has its roots in one single "try on" event, then you're hooked. The curiosity may have been around for sometime before putting the item on but it's still that ONE EVENT that kept us wanting the feeling again, which lead to the next item...

gracee said
    Pantyhose are not nylons! [Discuss]
    Not sure what the difference is, I just like the word "nylons" better than pantyhose. The "hose" in word pantyhose sounds too utilitarian, like a garden hose or something, but nylons sounds feminine, soft and girly- but this is a personal association I've developed.

Nylons are pantyhose in my world and I choose nylons. You can call them whatever you like =)
    Last edited by Ria; 11-04-2010 at 04:11 PM.