Thread: Finally, My First Time Out in Public, Amongst People!

Finally, My First Time Out in Public, Amongst People!

Hello friends,

Well, I finally mustered up the courage to go out in public and actually hang out. I had been planning this day for about a month and it finally came to fruition this past Tuesday. I got all dressed up and left the house with my wife to this cool bar where I perform stand-up comedy every week.

Most of my comedian friends know that I crossdress as I decided to come out at the very first comedy writers' meeting that I went to. They are all super accepting and have told me that personally. At the beginning I told them I wanted to do stand-up in drag (not all of the time, but certainly occasionally).

A few of our show regulars didn't recognize me at first but once they did were really cool. Most everyone said that I looked very nice and that I pulled off being a girl pretty well.

Now that I've made those first steps I wonder what is next. I still haven't gone out during the daytime but I assume that will be easier than braving the nightlife. I still can remember back when I thought I'd never leave the house (and my wife didn't want me to either).

I must say that crossdressers.com has been an enormous help to me in this, from my first posts, to sharing pictures and now telling you all about my first steps into the real world.

My walking, talking and mannerisms are going to stay the same, but I hope my adventures get more fun and exciting

-- Jessica

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Hey Jessica, I think it's so great that you did the standup act.
    You've got a whole new world to explore as Jessica, have fun!
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

That is truly wonderful! Congratulations!! That was a huge step. Best wishes on your next adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    Hey Jessica, I think it's so great that you did the standup act.
    You've got a whole new world to explore as Jessica, have fun!
    Thank you Stacey, you have definitely been an inspiration to me, you do so many fun things en femme and I hope to do the same

Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyTgirl View Post
    That is truly wonderful! Congratulations!! That was a huge step. Best wishes on your next adventure!
    Thanks Tiffany ... It was really tough just making those first steps, I almost had an out of body experience, luckily I had my wife by my side. Even outside of the bar, I didn't get any kind of reaction at all. It was a good time

Well if you can do standup dressed or not----- you can do anything. I really love reading your postings Jessica. your sense of humor and spunk as we say shines through. You owe it to the world to meet you.

Congratulations, Jessica, I know that was hard! I have never been en femme around people that know my male side primarily, so please keep us informed of your progress.

sounds like you are on your way. I thought you had already gone out the door. I didn't realize that you hadn't
    Michelle

There are a few CD comedians here. Now when you get out into the everyday world ( instead of the comedy club arena ) you'll see how much more normal it feels than your performing world.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Do you do any crossdressing jokes? If so, maybe you could post it??

That is so great to hear. Congratulations. It is such a great feeling ot be out amongst the public...

I've always liked standup and have wanted to give it a try, but for you to do that crossdressed? Wow girl, you've got balls! (BTW, I am sure you've heard it before, but I saw some of your youtube videos, funny stuff!)
    Always with love... from Sexy Lexxi!

Most everyone said that I looked very nice and that I pulled off being a girl pretty well.

Judging by your avatar photo, I don't find that the least bit difficult to believe.

Jessica-

Congrats on getting out of the closet/house and mingling it up amongst em!

It's a rush if I may say so, having your heart pound like a jack hammer and knowing that every kid with a camera, security camera, ATM camera, traffic camera, browine, sure shot, instamatic and K-5 spy satellite camera is trained on you. The weird thing about it is that now that you’ve been out, you’ll really, really want to get out more and more.

Believe me, if you can do stand up (I did watch your set on YouTube, loved your dress but girl, get some decent shoes!) you can get out in the light of day without any problems. I think you'll find it's a pretty accepting world out there.

You've done a lot of work getting were you are and you look like a natural. As funny as this sounds, I think what you've done is a good thing and presents us CD's in a positive way.

I can't wait to see what's next for Miss Jessica Who.

Jen

BTW, nice imitation of Dr. Girlfriend from the Venture Brothers. OH, wait! My bad, that was YOUR femme voice!

Congratulations, Jessica, no stopping you now! :-)
    Huggs,
    Alyssa

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.

Aspiring Member
    Way to go girl! Sounds like you had a really good time and even better you have a group of really supportive and understand people in your life Not that it sounds like you were nervous or even anxious, but the best part is now that you've been out for the first time it'll just keep getting easier and easier!

Gold Member
    So the sky never fell or anything? All is well?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Well done Jessica that first step is always the hardest.I can say that from recent experience the thrill from being out far outweighs any fears you may have,heres hoping you have many exciting adventures ahead

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Gold Member
    Good for you Jessica. A BIG step that isn't all that easy take take. Glad to see your wife was with so you could have even more special time out.

Hi Jessica,
    You are wonderful....as is your videos. Congratulations!

Having a trans personality minus being transsexual is a rather unique experience.
    When I first stepped into a restaraunt & bar amongst a bunch of girls like myself last year, I found the experience very liberating. I'm hetero, but my femme side needs to be out there. It really is a part of me. I no longer have the fear of being out in public.

Keep it up, girl....your videos are very entertaining.

Thanks everyone, I do hope that it gets easier from here on out as everyone says. I'm not sure when my next outing will be, but I am definitely excited for it

Good for you Jessica! So lucky you have the option to do that where you work and that you've got such accepting people in your life. Congrats girl and keep those youtube videos coming!
    Always with love... from Sexy Lexxi!

congrats Jessica. It is an awesome feeling being the first time. You go girl
    I love being a girl