Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing seems pointless

Crossdressing seems pointless

Hi! A while ago I did quite a bit of crossdressing. Since a few months not once at all. Why? I don't know. I was really proud of myself that I dared to be unconventional by crossdressing. Kind of sticking up my middlefinger to the world.

Now it just seems pointless. What is to be gained by crossdressing? It just doesn't make me feel good anymore.

I've never tried to be a 100% complete woman; for example I don't like wearing a wig. It's more the fact that there are certain items of womens clothing I like wearing and I think I should be able to wear as a guy. But I can't go outside in guy mode wearing pantyhose or someother mix of male and female clothing; I doubt that will ever be accepted in society. I just wish I could wear what I want whether it be male or female clothing...

What's the point of wearing something blue, when you have something green as well? I'm sure that many years ago, women never thought they would be wearing jeans, or that gays would never get accepted etc.

Crossdressing makes people happy, ok, so it may no longer be your cup of tea, but for most people on here it makes them happy in this sad and depressing world.

As to wearing things out in public, public perception will never change unless we do something about it.

But you've already answered your own question as it what is to be gained, you enjoyed it, now you don't so move on to something else in life.

Don't mean to burst your bubble or try to change your mind.
    Save the internet - use recycled pixels
    The Only Tag that is worth having is the one for the dress you're looking at buying - and even that's not always 100% correct

No one knows what you wear underneath you outer clothes and most don't care.
    I for one wear pantyhose or thigh highs in male cloths most of the time weither it be work , play, or what ever. i don't even own any male underwear. Too I wear womens jeans for work most of the time and only own 1 pair of male shoes.

H! Thanks for the replies! Honey, don't get me wrong, I do still like crossdressing! I just wonder why does crossdressing make you feel happy, I've kind of lost that feeling unfortunately.

It is what you want inside, what makes you feel like a whole person. I myself do not think of myself as a guy but as a female that has to wear male clothes and it sucks. I feel so much better and at home in female attire. When dressed like a Male I just tolerate it, but I really enjoy being Amy.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I'm more relaxed and love dressing as a woman so that's the point for me. If you don't have the need anymore then you no longer need dressing. Hope you find somthing in life that you like to do.
    Angie

miss bobbi, even though you don't present as female, what you experience as far as [ i don't need to do it anymore...whats the point] is experienced by many of us here, even those of us that do try our best to present as female....my therapist said, [ when i stopped dressing] when you need her she will be there. 1 year later i needed her, so here i am. a year from now you may see a pretty blouse, or casual shoes or something that tickles your fancy that you want to wear androginously [ spelling eeeeew] thats when you may decide you want to dress again. there isn't one of us....even full timers....that doesn't go thru this. I can't tell you how many transexuals come to our meetings, starting out dressed to the nines! and as they transition they are in a button down blouse with utilitarian girls jeans and a pair of girl penny loafers. their needs change also. go where you need to be for today.

hugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Well I am a bit depressed right now, and the whole 'it's wrong to crossdress' thing just hit me a while back. I do still want to crossdress though. Hope I'm making a bit of sense here!

When I dressed 24/7 I tried to fit in not stick out. If you wear dresses everyday in the real world you will stick out. I used to wear Girl Jeans and nice tops all the time and occasionally a Dress when I felt the time was right. I did wear a lot of skirts with nice Tops, but they did go together and looked nice. I always felt good wearing Female clothing, the only reason I went back dressing as a Male was to find a job. Otherwise I would still be Amy 24/7. I was more relaxed and confident as Amy, but confidence does not get you a job in the Female world, looks are high on priority there. Looking nice and dressing nice and acting very acceptable. My downfall was I did not look like a female but like a guy in Female clothes with a male voice which I did try to change. I will say that when I dressed 24/7, I did not have the urges to play with myself that I had when dressed as a Male, I guess because I was living my Dream or Fantasy.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Silver Member
    Stop trying to UNDERSTAND your crossdressing. It's not something that needs to be understood. (For that matter, I don't think it's something that CAN be understood.) What you need to do is ACCEPT your crossdressing. Accept yourself for who you are and what you like to do. You will be much happier, I promise.

S

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Bobbi, nothing and no one stays the same!

Sometimes u aren't aware of the changes, but they're happening, regardless!

There's only that one "first time" for ANYTHING! It's never QUITE the same when u try to repeat that experience! The same is tru for CDing!

I started with a pair of womens jeans. Moved on to nylons and heels. Then, a bra with socks in it!

Never completely satisfied with simply repeating my old CDing efforts, I eventually moved on until now. Where I only dress COMPLETELY!

No one can tell u what NEXT STEP in the CDing world will "blow your hair back!" But, search your mind, and I'm certain you'll FIND IT!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Of course you can wear pantyhose as a guy. There's even some pantyhose branded and marketed to/for men. Did you know that many doctors wear pantyhose for extra leg support during long hours of surgery? Did you know that alot of motorcyclists wear pantyhose for an extra layer of warmth during cold weather riding? Did you know that alot of football players wear pantyhose under their uniform?

I wear womens jeans out in public as a male nearly every day and nobody notices.. I'm tempted to go out in the jeans wearing my womens sneakers since at this point I just don't care at all what strangers nor anyone else thinks, cause I like the sneakers and they feel really comfortable and I just don't want to buy a pair of mens sneakers to replace my ratty ones. The only give away and gender difference about these sneakers is the "feminine" coloring, otherwise they're just sneakers.

It's about what YOU think, feel and want.. screw everybody else..

Well when it comes right down to it just about everything we do is pointless? Because the end result is still the same? And if you don't enjoy it or in my case... Aren't driven to do it then go do something you enjoy. Or something you hate less than crossdressing? Personally, if I wasn't "forced" to do this I sure as hell wouldn't be hanging around here with you weird-os!! Hahaha.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I think I understand, and I certainly sympathize. I often feel crossdressing to be "wrong," "pointless," or "silly." Yet I cannot deny its appeal to me, an appeal that has lasted longer than my adult life. I'm pretty sure I don't want to become a woman, to have drastic surgery, or to take hormones, nor do I feel I really am a woman in the "wrong" body. (I do not deny the validity of these feelings for those that have them; I just don't feel them myself.) But to be able to wear dresses/nylons/high heels/nail polish/you name it whenever I would want to is something that has a real hold on me, no matter how much I denigrate it. Maddening.

Michaella

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I don't look at as crossdressing making me "happy"; I look at it as making me feel "normal". I feel better when I feel "normal", hence the crossdressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Personally, if I wasn't "forced" to do this I sure as hell wouldn't be hanging around here with you weird-os!! Hahaha.
    Guilty as charged - Wierd-o First Class...I am due for a promotion to Master Wierd-o in a few months. The drive for me is inner peace. For some crazy reason, dressing as a woman gives me that sense of inner peace.

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar

Talking

Well when it comes right down to it just about everything we do is pointless? Because the end result is still the same? And if you don't enjoy it or in my case... Aren't driven to do it then go do something you enjoy. Or something you hate less than crossdressing? Personally, if I wasn't "forced" to do this I sure as hell wouldn't be hanging around here with you weird-os!! Hahaha.
    straight to the point Karren, thank you. gawd you crack me up

haha Karren

but,yeah,if there is something that there is no point to and its getting dull,its time to turn your attention to what does get you going and keeps you sharp.Just do what feels right and what you enjoy.If you dont enjoy it,dont do it.

This is different for everyone.My issues seem to be more than just crossdressing but, Im enjoying myself.Overthinking and worrying just cuts into my shopping time.
    Last edited by Kayla Shadows; 11-07-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    One can make a case that life its self is pointless.
    Rarely, is there a person who is completel satisfied with their life/existance.

That does not mean you can't be happy however.
    Too often people go through life thinking, "If i only had that", or "if only this would happen" they would be happy.
    Happiness does no stem from posessions or life events. It coms from within.
    If one is resonably healthy, has shelter and food, they are blessed and have no reason to be unhappy.

I wear women's clothes because they fit and feel good and are flatering... I always go out in women's jeans (I like Gloria Vanderbilt) and tops appropriate for the weather and temperature and camis and panties underneath. In the summer I wear women's shorts and tank tops. It just feels right. I wear skirts and dresses at home. I have gone out in a skirt and heels more than once and it felt wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Christy_M View Post
    Guilty as charged - Wierd-o First Class...I am due for a promotion to Master Wierd-o in a few months. The drive for me is inner peace. For some crazy reason, dressing as a woman gives me that sense of inner peace.
    Hmmmm. I sent my application and fee in and have not received my WOFC card yet... So now I'm thinking that you may have a new pair of heels that belongs to me... My lawyer will be contacting your peeps soon!!

Resistance is futile... And probably pointless..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

There are scientific explanations as to what happens in your brain when you experience "pleasure". However, there are wide variances among people as to what causes their "pleasure". For a great many of us here, CDing is a very pleasurable experience and thus, our brain impels us to try to repeat that experience as often as possible.
    Hugs, Carole

When I came back out to myself two years ago after a 10-year hiatus, I knew that I wanted (or needed) to make it more about the dressing. Once I decided to make my femme self a social person within the last year, I found the experience far more uplifting and gratifying than I could ever imagined. There's nothing sexual or fetishistic about it. I literally found the other side of me. It is now an indelible part of my personality.
    Everyone is different. I do what's best for me.

Hmmmm. I sent my application and fee in and have not received my WOFC card yet... So now I'm thinking that you may have a new pair of heels that belongs to me... My lawyer will be contacting your peeps soon!!

Resistance is futile... And probably pointless..
    The heels are in the mail - honest - call off the dogs. The application and fee are only part of the equation, you would actually have to excel at the WO part before getting the actual acknowledgement. Apparently, you do not...

When you really consider it, "society" doesn't accept much. It's like the elusive "they". In the final analysis it's up to you what you want to wear really, potential ostracism notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning