Thread: getting careless

getting careless

30 + years i kept my dressing in the closset , and this summer i slipped up and my wife found some of my lingeri. ( now some of you will tell me off) . we talked about it and that was that so she does not know yet the full extent of my dressing . two weeks ago she found a missing dress of mine, and that was quickly taled about with no hastles , and the other day i had my size 47 heels out on my bed when i asked the kids to help with some house choores. i thought nothing of it untill i found all my shirts folded nicely and placed next to my shoes ,(ophs thats a bad mistake)

my question is as you get older do you drop your guard or do you just get tired of hideing as i also and not so petrified and frightened as i used to be about slipping up , or is that just another sign that i have accepted who i am .

i would love to hear any comments or if anyone else has experinced anything like this .

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Well obviously your wife knows. Stop hiding and just talk to her.
    It looks like it might be okay.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Looks to me like Stacey pegged it. Also looks like maybe the first slip up was a mistake, but since it went well you've decided to push the envelope. Are you "slipping up" on purpose so the wife brings it up? I would suggest you put on your big girl panties and bring it up first. You're wife seems to be at least tolerating it or you would have been out on your keester by now. When you talk at least she can voice her opinions - maybe letting the kids know right now is not a good idea to her.
    So what are you waiting for?
    You're still stalling.......

Still.....

I think maybe you were sort of hoping to be caught. I think I'm at the same point. I'm also married for nearly 30 years and I told my wife a long time ago, but she thinks it is just an occasional thing maybe every six months or so. She went to bed about half an hour ago and as I write this I am sitting in my living room in a very pretty dress complete with tights, bra, panties, slip, heels etc. as I do most nights. I don't want to get caught but she just has to get up some night and I will be.

Banned Read only
    I suspect that many of us have a subconscious desire to get "caught". I know I do. I just get tired of hiding my true self but hate to disturb the peace and bring it up

Getting old sucks!!! I totally had no desire to get caught. Never ever wanted her to find out and for 30 years I was damn good at it.... Then I screwed up and left some things where they shouldn't been... and she did find out and all hell broke lose... Screaming and crying and carrying on.... She was pretty upset too! lol

Frist your memory goes..... and you can't remember what you did or said.... Getting old sucks!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Screaming and crying and carrying on.... She was pretty upset too! lol
    Karren you crack me up lol

That's a good question Pernille......I think it might be a combination of the two. The carelessness ultimately turns into an act of honest revelation. How it is received, and how you handle the situation after the "exposure" can be enlightening for all involved.......! Personally, the older I get, the less I care.
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

I think that after a while you just say that this is who I am and the world be damned. Of course as you get old you do get forgetful.

you all make me feel old , surely i am not that old as i have more of my life to live than have lived ,

jst had to say that and thanks for the comments

Platinum Member
    I do think that even if we havent been able to openly talk with our SOs, we may subconsciously giving off cues...maybe hoping to get caught. I don't think its wise - since it leaves so much up to chance. Its better to be forthright with your SO, and at least have some control over when and how the revelation occurrs.

My wife knows, but doesn't want to see me. After all these years, I can't stand being alone as myself anymore, so yes--I want to get caught. I've told a few select people, and their response has made me more eager to go public. I only hope I can lose some weight before I lose my patience.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Aspiring Member
    never got caught told her before hand she was never for it even tried to use it against me but at least I told her Karen you are a caracter

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Getting old sucks!!!
    Frist your memory goes..... and you can't remember what you did or said.... Getting old sucks!!!

With you there Karren.
    Lets see, over the years I first left a pair of panties in the bathroom then I bought my first forms and shortly after I left them on the bed.
    This led to the question "Why" Explained I was a cross dresser. response "Oh" Nothing further. I tried to talk, armed with all the info gained here. Not a chance. Didn't want to se photos, didn't want to talk. Subsequently she came home early as I was in the bathroom in bra and half slip. I appologised that she had to see me that way and could I show her how I really looked (I am quite chuffed with how I look, compared to "reality" ) No, but she did say that maybe she should warm me when she was on her way home.
    Since then I think she saw a skirt on the line with the other washing (I do the laundry) and lastly, my wig on the chair near the window airing before I put it away, another memory lapse. I found it laying neatly on the bed.
    Since then I have not worried too much about what can be seen in my wardrobe. Trust me, a wife will quickly see a skirt, or a dress, on a hanger if she takes the trouble to look.
    It would be nice if she would acknowledge Edwina but in the meantime I just have to take what time I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Getting old sucks!!! ......................
    That's it in a nutshell. It's called "CRS" - Can't Remember S**t.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I wrote my last contribution two nights ago and I mentioned in it that eventually I'm going to get caught. Well last night was the first weeknight in months that I didn't get dressed and guess what? Yep wife got up and came down stairs to phone her Mum, so I didn't get caught after all. I'm back all dressed up again tonight in a beautiful dress. Even put on a little make-up. Of course she'll not catch me tonight. Am I lucky or unlucky?

Banned Read only
    My wife knows I dress and she does not approve. She does not go nuts and scream and yell. She does not know the extent of my dressing. She did tell me that I had left one of my red bra hanging on the towel rack in the bathroom!

this realy hits home with me. 24 years incloset not counting the closet since 8. Imanage to be very careful so good so far. but during last few years have been wearing panties she sometimes buys. shave my legs hasnt noticed armpits yet, that i know of. been replacing my guy jean with girl jeans and they do fit better. I know one day this will all end when she knows the full truth, but for now, no drama

Absolutely, as I have gotten older I have come to the point where I don't really care being outed or who knows!

Annette

I think your mind is wanting to come clean with the wife, but your ego.., it wants to stay in the closet safer there ..I know for me that dressing is a way of expressing myself.. Just as when I am in Drab tells a lot about me and my personality.. Dressing is in fact a way of communicating .For example when you first meet someone you are being examined by not only appearance but the style of clothing you wear, it says a lot about who you are..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

(CRS) Cant remember s**t. very funny linda.