Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Closet dressers, how many of u r truly FREE TO DRESS whenever u like?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Closet dressers, how many of u r truly FREE TO DRESS whenever u like?

I'm wondering if ANY of u r completely free to dress whenever u like at home and/or in private!?

I have my daughter part time, so I'm NOT! If u have roommates, an SO, (live in or NOT), or live with relatives, you're NOT COMPLETELY free either!

I'm wondering if we must live alone and NEVER have unexpected guests, to be COMPLETELY FREE to do our private dressing?

If you're a closet dresser and can dress whenever the mood strikes u, what is it about your living situation that allows u that luxury?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Doesn't being "in the closet" MEAN you're not free to dress whenever you want, doc?

If you are free to dress whenever you want aren't you OUT of the closet?

Or does that just mean you "dress" only when completely alone?

Stephie

Oh, and BTW, I just LOVE your broom!

Doc,
    Great thread!
    No I can no longer dress when and as I please, I have my daughter and her family living here now. I can dress in private anytime I please tho just to be clear. I will never place dressing over family or friends . But thats just me , I could be selfish and a hermit and run them all off but thats not me.
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

You're right, we are never completely free to dress whenever. My wife is supportive of doing this, but I don't push my luck by coming home and throwing on a skirt if the mood is right.

Honestly there are some days, if work was rough or just the end of a bad week, I just want to come home and get dressed, all nice and pretty with lipgloss. I'm slowly learning how to apply makeup myself without having to turn to my wife every two seconds and say "now what" (plus I always ask which make-up I can use since I have no idea what I am doing) Anyhow last weekend I really just wanted to dress on Saturday night so I did while my wife went out with a friend, so it was so alone "Alexxis" time, which was nice.

But yeah, I'm never truely free to dress, if I am expect to meetup with someone for one reason or another or if I need to run so errands, dressing would be my first thing I do after I am assured I won't be seeing another person that night, except for my wife or if we invited someone to chill with me being dressed.
    Always with love... from Sexy Lexxi!

I live alone, in a house that I own, and am probably about as free as anyone could be to dress when I wish. (I do have a dog, but he's very accepting.) I live fairly quietly and unexpected visitors are extremely rare. The funny thing is that as I've gotten more and more into being out and about as Diane, my motivation to dress up fully at home has waned quite a bit. If I am going to go to the trouble to "go all the way," I want there to be some opportunity to show it off to the wider world. I usually have a few chances every week to do this, but when I'm at home, I don't much care what I have on. And it doesn't help that I usually come home pretty tired from work and often use my house as little more than a place to hang my clothes and rest my body at night.

I do wear heels 90% of the time and have long nails, earrings, permanent makeup and a few other things on all the time ... so the finishing touches are just that, the last details I put on before I go out. In the house, I'm usually in whatever drab clothes I wore to work that day, or something like a nightgown or bathrobe.

- Diane

I live alone, so I'm fairly free to dress when I want. BUT I currently have a GGfriend who doesn't know about my dressing. So I need to dress around her schedule of visiting me. Thankfully she's not the type to just "pop in" and she always calls before coming over. Other than that, I can dress when I want pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    The funny thing is that as I've gotten more and more into being out and about as Diane, my motivation to dress up fully at home has waned quite a bit...And it doesn't help that I usually come home pretty tired from work and often use my house as little more than a place to hang my clothes and rest my body at night...In the house, I'm usually in whatever drab clothes I wore to work that day...

- Diane
    WOW Diane, you and I are quite a bit alike! I could have written that.
    Last edited by Nigella; 11-05-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts

I am in the position where I have my own private accomodation and there is only myself here, however, my ex partner and my children live within 200 yards of me and both my sisters are not above 1.5 miles away. As I have a slight mobility problem, both my sistres and my son have keys to my front door to gain access should I have problems (prone to falls and fractures etc.) One of my sisters calls weekly to help with housework and one calls to help with shopping etc, these calls can be entirely at random. Whilst none of these guys would even dream of looking in my private areas such as wardrobes or drawers it does mean that I cannot dress at will. Even at this hour of the morning (06:10 am UK time) it is not advisable as my son may be passing on his way home from night duty, see the light on and call in for a cuppa (he is a Police Constable BTW)
    So on the face of it, it seems some of us have total freedom but in fact we do not. I agree with Lucy, family and friends first, my own needs second (I believe that is a femmine trait in it's own right anyway).
    Did any of that make sense?

I do, I do! I can, I can!!

Ok, first of all, let’s clean up that misconception about your daughter. My daughter lived with me every Fri-Mon, most holidays and additional time from age 2 through 16. You will soon discover as I recently did, that when you buy her a new car at 16, you will be lucky to see her one day a month, . (picking up allowance). So enjoy the time you have with her now, lol. There, now for the rest of the program…

I do live in a house and I live alone. I am also self employed. That resolves many obstacles. But I still have unexpected guests pop by, and plenty of annoying peddlers sticking tape and flyers to my front door glass. Solution: I park in my garage. I covered the garage windows with cloth from the inside so nobody can tell if my car is here or not. I keep the louvers closed on all of the front windows. I disconnected my doorbell and I never answer the door. I have a motion sensor mounted over the front door that sets off a chime in my office when somebody is on the porch. I have 3 surveillance cams mounted on the front of the house and a multiplex receiver that allows me to see (and hear) all three cams simultaneously on one monitor screen in my office. (remote control pan/tilt too). So I know when somebody is out front, and can observe the activity. I have locks on my gate access to the back yard. I just allow my dog to bark when somebody is outside. My office is on the backside of the house so nobody can tell if I am home at anytime. I only use a cell phone set to vibrate, and got rid of both landlines so nothing “rings”.

Nobody but me has keys to outside doors. My daughter knows to call me when she is coming over. The people who do have keys to the house, actually have keys that do not fit the doors here. They just do not know it. My 2nd story sundeck is surrounded with sailcloth and all windows are tinted making it impossible to view inside, but I can see out from the inside. So my next door neighbors cannot even tell if I am home.

I have more cams/sensors/lighting/deterrents in the back. All windows have sensor alarms. I am friends with my neighbors, but not enough for them to consider coming over here without an invitation. They are afraid of setting off one of the alarms or activating some security equipment.

My stereo/tv/etc can be on without it being heard outside. Even the noise of shooting my pellet rifle/gun inside is not detectable. At night, all cams have IR and sound, and there are flood lights activated by motion/heat, or my handy remote, as well as other surprises.

If anybody (or animal) sets off my front door alarm, I simply walk into my office (carefully so I do not trip in my 5” pumps, lol) and watch the show on my monitor. It’s pretty cool knowing how close they are, but how far they are from discovering me. Even if the police tried to raid my house, I would know in advance and have a minimum of 15 seconds to “disappear” first, with every trace of CD activity locked securely away.

I know, it sounds like overkill, but I do this stuff for a living. Plus after the initial set up I can totally relapse, er, uh…I mean relax…without any concerns about privacy.

But if I ever suffer a stroke or heart attack…I’m screwed…lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nowadays my wife is pretty awesome about letting me dress whenever I want, but when I was in the closet during college it was very difficult because I almost always had roommates. When I finally got my own apartment I was free to dress whenever I wasn't busy with school or work

having a cold and lonely bed allows me do do as i please.

i am single, and live in the country. not very many want to drive out here to visit...but it is along a heavily used bike route so i do have to be careful about a couple friends. but as of yet none have stopped by when i am at home.

In theory i could dress any time i like as everyone knows but in practice it is completely different, saying that, i dress androgynously all the time as i only have women's trousers and jeans and mainly womens tops.
    The problem is i rarely have the time anymore to do things i like , always having to go somewhere and our daughter has just moved back in and will make snide remarks mainly about my nail varnish if her friends are coming around , our son on the other hand just says " i don`t care what you do" , my wife simply says " just wear what you like when you like , and i know she means it as she has no problem with it at all but life does not quite work out like that for may reasons.
    Last edited by Joanne f; 11-05-2010 at 05:39 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Well my wife works full time and my 2 daughters are in full time education. So I have especially the morning to dress, up until lunch time. Thats the time its for me to become a woman.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Maybe, in SOME cases, Steph! But, EVERYONE'S different!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Doesn't being "in the closet" MEAN you're not free to dress whenever you want, doc?

If you are free to dress whenever you want aren't you OUT of the closet?

Or does that just mean you "dress" only when completely alone?

Stephie

Oh, and BTW, I just LOVE your broom!
    I wondered about that! If u start out as a private, closet dresser, but were free to dress whenever u liked, would u eventually begin to go out dressed? Out of boredom, or simply "natural progression"?

On the other hand, I KNOW everyone lives their own way! So, I was SURE some would continue to dress privately! And, thot we mite hear some interesting stories! Like Eluuzion's!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm free to dress around my wife whenever the thought strikes me. Our kids don't know, and by mutual agreement aren't going to know at least until they're adults. So, in practice I don't have freedom to dress when I want, however I want.

I could get away with dressing more then I do, but!!! Its OK with my SO, but we live in an apartment comlpex, so during the daytime I really am not free to dress, as you never know who will drop by.

I now have my house that I own all to myself. After work and at weekends I’m free to dress whenever I like.
    Due to this freedom I can go shopping when I like and get parcels delivered to my house which is nearly every day at the moment (dam pink fog! = my excuse for being a shopaholic).
    When I get home from work, my male self is gone until morning. When I wake I’m thinking, right which panties and stockings I’ll wear to work today, then at work I’m thinking, what shall I wear tonight, what style of make-up, or should I really go late night shopping again!!!

I live with two Dominant ladies who allow me to dress whenever I feel the need, I am allowed to under dress every day,and can do my nails whenever I please, but not live 24/7 enfemme, which is fine with me, because the desire to fully dress hits me maybe six times a year.

Not me,we have a teenage son living at home.He goes out now and again but not often enough.He has just started working so the outlook is brighter and i am looking forward to more time to dress.

Nikki

Aspiring Member
    My wife prefers that I dress at times (when cleaning or cooking) and allows be to dress (if I wish) the remaining times. Her only restriction is that I don't dress (or underdress) at work!!

We've been in this arrangement for may years ans have been quite happy!!

Danielle

I don't dress often. I'm certainly not free to dress all the time. If I were free, I think I would always be dressed enfemme. It just can't happen right now.

Freddy

i am free to dress as i like with my wives full co operation she even helps me to dress and does my make up and buys me loveley girly things for my birthday and xmas

I have my own place. I live on my own and prefer it that way. So I am free to dress, all the time if I want to.
    I have lived this way now for 3 years and I could never go back to living with others.
    All I have to do if family or friends come over is to just put all my clothes, heels, make up and stuff away before they arrive.
    It’s a type of freedom that I could not live without now.

A happy, SUZY.

I was free to dress at anytime or place. Then I got married that all came to a end. Now only when she gone out for the day or week. Plus I had to purge all my things so she could have the closet.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

To answer your question, Doc, yes, no, sort of.
    Yes: When I was single and lived alone, I could dress at home whenever I wanted, and did on average 3-4 times a week. Even though in the closet, I did go out some. Being closeted means (to me) that my male identity is not known when I am en femme and that it is not known to others (friends, family, and co-workers)that I am a crossdresser It doesn't matter if I go out or stay in. I can go out and still be closeted.
    But I stayed in more than I went out. Making up and dressing up provided excitement and arousal. Going out provided thrill.
    No: Now married, with child, I cannot dress whenver I want. Still in the closet.
    Sort of: When the child is away, or I am away, I can dress whenever I want. Wife knows and accepts.

I have never felt any compulsion to answer the door for any unexpected visitors. Dressed or not, I don't answer for unwelcome/uninvited salespeople, religion peddlers, donation solicitors, political candidates, etc. Wanna visit? Call and make appointment in advance. Sometimes dressups go on hold while I quietly allow time for doorbell ringers and knockers to give up and go away. No guilt.

I am free to dress when ever I wont to around the house, as just me and my wonderful wife live here, however I am not free to do so when we have company as I am only out to my wife. so yes I am tottaly free to crossdress when I want to and then I am still in the closet with the rest of the world.