Thread: Friends who purge

That's Mikayla to you Bub Mickeytgurl's Avatar

Friends who purge

We are all prone to it, I suppose...that sudden drive that causes us to dump everything associated with our fem selves. I've gotten past it finally, although the urge still hits from time to time, I take a deep breath and it passes.

Today I "lost" another friend. No warning, no goodbye, just *poof*! No more Flickr page, no more email address, nothing. We weren't so close that it was a true hurt, but it still stings a little to have someone you enjoy conversing with suddenly disappear.

Okay, enough of the "poor me" routine--I just wanted to remind everyone: We are all in this leaky little boat together! Support each other, protect each other, and just be there when someone has that awful feeling overtaking them!

Mickey

I've known a couple of "T" girls here who just "vanished" too. I never did hear from either one of them again, though I did find out later that the one person had moved to Florida. They had not let me know in advance or emailed me after they were gone. Not much can be done about it.

Mickey,

Absolutly , we all go through the cycles and support is a blessing ..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Purge, you must be joking , i find it hard enough to throw out things i have had for years that does not fit me any more .
    And as for people disappearing , there seams to be a lot that have disappeared from here , it is giving me an odd feeling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

This sounds like someone who has just experienced a traumatic event such as being faced with a divorce unless they stop all
    CD-type activities and end any and all related relationships.
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeytgurl View Post
    We are all prone to it, I suppose...that sudden drive that causes us to dump everything associated with our fem selves.
    Not 'all'. I've been dressing for 40+ years and have never had the urge to purge.

My feeling is that the more dissonance there is between your male and female selves, the more likely you are eventually to come to some moment where you need to do something to 'fix' things. As we get older and more comfortable with ourselves, we don't fight the truth of who we are as much and don't need those drastic moves.

For some reason, I've always been very sure of myself and comfortable with who I am and have never regretted or felt badly about my dressing. And I have never had any inclination to purge.

The truth is that thos people who have dissapeared are still out there, and still crossdressers even if they have foresworn it temporarily. At least they know we will still be here when they come back.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I've never ever purged. Quite frankly I hate being put in the box that every CD has purged at one time or another.
    I've never had a problem with me being different than everyone else. I accepted who I was when I slipped on my first pair of panties at age 5.
    Sure I had questions, but I went to the library and read all the books I could find. I learned I wasn't "wack" for being me.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Silver Member
    I've only purged once and it was the first outfit (head to toe) that I purchased. It was inexpensive and I bought it with the intention of tossing it at the end of a long weekend. Didn't have anywhere to store it. After that I decided to keep things. The only other time was when moving I was going to leave everything behind and someone picked it up and put it in the car. Maybe it was a sign.

I think people on the site come and go or they find new interests to keep them busy.