Thread: A Little Further Out

the happy camper

A Little Further Out

Over the past year, I've made a number of changes in my appearance and done some things that had to have my closest friends saying "hmmm..." The hair removal alone has been pretty radical, but they've also seen me taking any excuse to wear makeup and/or dress en femme, which has to be pretty conclusive after just a couple of times. There have been conversations that beat around the bush a bit, but never quite made it to the point. I've done everything but say "yes, I'm a crossdresser," leaving myself that tiny little escape hatch, if needed. I've decided now that the caginess is silly. Their willingness to respect my privacy by not asking the obvious question has been admirable, but I think I owe it to my friends to clear the air. I started that process on Sunday. I went ahead and told two of my best friends (a married couple). The reaction was precisely what I expected: we love you, and you should feel free to dress around us any time.

It's great to have good friends.

That's wonderful Sophie

Awesome and inspirational, thanks!

The avvy pic isn't me
    Great news Sophie, i'm very happy for you. Is it true what they say, are you lighter? I have ppl i see often, but can't quite consider them friends. Only true friends i have are family, and while i do think about telling at least one of them, i'm not yet ready for that step.
    But i really appreciate yours and all the other similar posts, because it keeps me realizing that when i do decide to come out, i will be loved all the same.
    Thanx again girl!

mj (Cassie)

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMjSerene View Post
    Is it true what they say, are you lighter?
    Well, I am down to a hundred and sixty pounds, which is lighter than I've been in about twenty years. Maybe the two are connected!

Only true friends i have are family, and while i do think about telling at least one of them, i'm not yet ready for that step.
    Other than my wife, I'm only out with one family member: my oldest sister. I think it's more difficult with family. One can always find new friends, but family members play a unique role in our lives. The thought of alienating them is scary.

Thanx again girl!
    Thank you, and all the other girls I've talked to on here who've inspired me to be proud of this part of who I am.

[SIZE=4]You go girl! The next thing you know you will be working dressed, out in the public everyday. That would be awesome, then I would have someone to talk with...[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

the happy camper
    LOL. I'm a stay-at-home dad. They'd have to change my job description.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie86 View Post
    ...It's great to have good friends...
    It sure is, Sophie. I recently came clean to a terrific lady I've known for years. She enthusiatically welcomed the whole me into her life. She always has loads of questions for me, and wants to help me with my makeup and go places with me. I can hardly wait to get started, because we've always been great friends, and now we have even more to build on.

Finally being able to share this part of my life with a loving friend has lifted my spirits immensely.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Good for you Sophie! It's super nice that you have such caring people around you, you are lucky girl!
    Always with love... from Sexy Lexxi!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Thats great Sophie,Its nice when you find out that your friends are accepting and that they are the fine ppl you knew they would be

One of my friends,on finding out just said be proud of who you are,I think that sums everything up dont you.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I went ahead and told two of my best friends (a married couple). The reaction was precisely what I expected: we love you, and you should feel free to dress around us any time.

It's great to have good friends.
    I'll second that emotion! Congratulations Sophie both for having the courage to tell them and for their reaction

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    The next thing you know you will be working dressed, out in the public everyday.
    LOL. I'm a stay-at-home dad.
    So, you're half way there already as you can dress for work whenever you feel right
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity