Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awake in a New Reality

Awake in a New Reality

Deleted
    Last edited by Danielle.N; 11-29-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Danielle...I can only smile and know how "relieved" you must be, especially since everything "seemed" to work out...it is wonderful that you no longer have to "hide" and you were able to discuss and more importantly, express your thoughts and feelings to your family. If I were you, I wouldn't let my sister get out of shopping with you !

Danielle your so blessed to have parents of such understanding and insight, I to am hidden from my side of the family, I'm out to all of my girl friends side, they all except me for me, on my side there's only my son and grandson, mom and step dad, none of these would under stand at all, Son is Son, Dads Dad, and Papaw is Papaw, no room for going to the pink side!!
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    I'm so glad to hear that it worked out so well for you, Danielle. Your parents are pretty cool.

Dear Danielle.
    I thought this was a truly touching story.
    You are very fortunate to have such a supportive family, if only this could be the same for all of us.
    I hope things continue with your good fortune.

PJ

Philippa Jane

Danielle that is an amazing story I am so happy for you, you have an amazing family I bet you and your sister and going to have a lot to talk about in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You are lucky to have such understasnding parents. the only person in my family who knows about TJ TResa is my loving wife. Sometimes I wish they all did, but then I am not exactly feminine enough looking to pass in public so i keep it at home.
    I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle.N
    The hardest points to get across were the fact that I don’t know why I do this, or why I could never quit. It was also hard for them to understand why a guy, who is attracted to women and has typically masculine interests, can have such a desire to dress as a female.
    [SIZE="2"]Yeah, that’s the sticking point, and you can rest assured that your crossdressing is inexplicable and will remain so, regardless of how accepting your family may be. Why dress as a woman? How about, “It feels good”? A man needs to step away from being a “guy” on occasion, if only for the relief it brings. In many cases, desire has a lot to do with it, but not always. I just came out to my sister last month, so I my little “talk” was well-rehearsed...[/SIZE]

Unbelievable…I just told them I like to dress as a woman, and she makes a big deal over a cigarette?
    [SIZE="2"]You don’t suppose these are repressed or misplaced feelings about your recent disclosure; coming out in another, more convenient and explainable way, do you? Just wondering…[/SIZE]

Dad talked about our hunting trip in Georgia in January – seems I’m still going! – reminding me I need to get my rifle sighted in.
    [SIZE="2"]I can almost hear your father breathing a sigh of relief…[/SIZE]

Wow! Reading this is very encouraging. I feel like a one-on-one with mom and dad is going to be in my future as well. I can't even begin to imagine what will happen, but hearing your words will be an inspiration. It's time for some honesty.

I am fairly sure that all of us here are happy for you. You are indeed fortunate to have such an understanding (even if they do not totally understand) and supportive family. Your sister's reaction is quite amazing!
    Hugs, Carole

Jeez, That was well written, I am crying.......
    Susan

Danielle,

What you have written is very very moving and I am sure has touched everyone who has read it. Thank you so much for sharing this.

I am sure things will go well with you... Danielle now has a solid supporting family, just as her alter-ego has always had.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

It is wonderful and not so surprising
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Excellent!! I'm glad your parents are so understanding!!

Sounds to me like you are a good person and a loving child to your folks. Sounds to me like they know that. Sounds to me like dressing is usually a bigger issue when there are lots of other issues. Sounds to me like you have done well. Good on you. Now quit smoking!

That was a lovely story Danielle. You have a WON-derful fam! Lucky girl, you. I'm glad for ya!

Wow! i knew everything would be okay, sounds like you handled it very well! Congrats!!!!!!! OMG shopping with sis! awesome! so happy for you!
    My theme song........."Cherry Lips" by Garbage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaUZkf52fs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What a great family to be a part of, kind of hard to relate, didn't have that type of family. You also have a good understanding of what all this means. Way to go, very proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle.N View Post
    Just a quick note to thank everyone for the kind words and support!

It's easy to get caught up in this release, but please make no mistake - I have kept it in the proper context. This was a big victory, and I do appreciate the level of acceptance that was offered me, much more than I could have hoped for or expected.

I do, however, recognize that this is just a step and not an end-all resolution with my parents. I know it is possible that once they actually see, even though are very eager to, they may be overwhelmed and recant some of this support. Although they requested no boundaries, I will impose my own. I have not won a free pass to make all our time together about the dressing. I just know now they won't disown me or turn me away from their door.
    You are showing great wisdom!!

What a great and understanding family you have.

WOW, What a great story. I am thinking that it is close to time for me to do that very same thing with my family. And your story very closely matches my life. I can only hoipe that when I do have the talk, that the outcome is the same.

You have a great family there.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

What a great family you have. You're mother, having years of experience dressing the way we all like to, knows that it isn't harmful to one's health. Smoking on the other hand is, hence her concern and comments.

Banned Read only
    Congratulations Danielle and thank you for sharing. Having the support of thoes who love you the most is the thing dreams are made of in our world. I know it is a huge weight off of your shoulders. I am glad to see that you are keeping things in the proper context and know that things could change at anytime. That being said, run around the corner and do a quick celebration dance while you can .

Just call me Amanda GirlieAmanda's Avatar
    This is inspiring and very real life. You really did a very good thing for yourself. It must feel like a giant weight has been lifted. I will take this story and keep it inside for when my day comes.
    The phoenix has risen the old life is gone
    A new life to live has finally begun
    There is fun to be had and work to be done
    My beauty is radiant my freedom is won

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Danielle, I'm happy that you decided to share your story with all others on the site. Its a 'good' feel story on courage and family, an inspiration for many

Thank you for sharing..

Hugs,
    Marissa
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss