Thread: Interview for my speech. Any volunteers?

Should be a spy. ;) italianprincess9878's Avatar

Interview for my speech. Any volunteers?

Hey, everyone! As some of you know from my previous post, I'm giving a 6-8 minute speech about crossdressing this Wednesday. But in order to prepare my speech, I'll need some info. lol So if anyone would volunteer to answer the below questions, that'd be great. If you're not comfortable with answering in the thread, PM me.

And this is not just for the 'girls'. I'd love input from Significant Others too.

1. What is your "motivation" for crossdressing? For entertainment? Seeking knowledge of the 'other side'? Etc.?

2. Are you married or seeing someone? Or are you single?

Edit: The speech is for my Public speeching class and it's just college students in early to mid twenties.
    3. I'm really bad with coming up with interview questions for my speech. So what is any extra information you'd like to share that you feel is helpful?
    Last edited by italianprincess9878; 11-07-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Who will you be adressing with this speech? I might be able to give more appropriate answers If I know this.

1). Have not clue why.... I have been crossdressing since I was 7 and I'm basically driven to crossdress

2). Married 35 years with two children... Wife knows, kids don't

3) Personally at times, I wish it would go away.... life could be so much easier and simpler if had just chosen one gender... either one, I'm not pickie.... But I know it's not going away so I embrace who I am and make the best of it.... My wife is not a big fan of my hobby but turns a blind eye as long as I keep it out of my face.... I think most everyone at work knows and it doesn't seem to matter.... I'm an underground miner..... I love to work on cars, home remodeling, play ice hockey and dress like a girl... Complicated is an understatement lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

1. Inner peace (I really get some internal solace from being dressed)
    2. Married (3X) 4 kids (two from 1st and two with current)
    3. These are strictly my opinion and not worth the ink they are written on:
    a. We are not perverts (well not in a destructive way anyway )
    b. We are mostly not homosexual (although the numbers seem to trend with the rest of society)
    c. We probably live next door to you or at least within a rock throw from your porch

My motivation was unclear when I started, at around 8 years old. After I seriously started dressing in my 50's it became clear that in some ways I wished to be female. This is a way for me to get at least a little taste of that, 4-5 times a month. It helps keep me happy and feeling like "me".

I have been married to the same lovely woman for over 30 years. She has known anything about my dressing, as soon as I have known it. Both my kids are adults and know about my being transgendered.

If your giving a talk about crossdressing than you would want to know if the person was comfortable with the "sometimes" woman thing or whether they would prefer to be a woman fulltime. That's just one of the major divisions in the crossdressing community.
    Sally

1. I don't know what motivates me. I just know that I have to do it and with increasing frequency.

2. I have been married for 35 years to a totally accepting wonderful wife. My adult son does not know but I hope to tell him soon.

3. This has gone from a hobby of sorts to an addiction to budding desires to transition or at least live full time as a woman. I have not considered SRS.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by italianprincess9878 View Post
    Hey, everyone! As some of you know from my previous post, I'm giving a 6-8 minute speech about crossdressing this Wednesday. But in order to prepare my speech, I'll need some info. lol So if anyone would volunteer to answer the below questions, that'd be great. If you're not comfortable with answering in the thread, PM me.

And this is not just for the 'girls'. I'd love input from Significant Others too.

1. What is your "motivation" for crossdressing? For entertainment? Seeking knowledge of the 'other side'? Etc.?

Edit: The speech is for my Public speeching class and it's just college students in early to mid twenties.
    3. I'm really bad with coming up with interview questions for my speech. So what is any extra information you'd like to share that you feel is helpful?

1. Motivation? It just "feels" right. It's been with me my whole life tho I've never really explored it until the past couple of years. Have tried to analyze it, but now just accept it as a part of my persona. Most of all, I just try to have fun with it!
    2. Not married, nor seeing anyone.
    3. I consider myself heterosexual and am happy with both genders in my personality and have no wish to opt for SRS.

Motivation? I have no idea. As I've said before I like "pretty" things. Most male clothing is drab, boring, and looks the same. Woman's clothing is much more exciting to look at and to wear.

Married for 18 years. I told my wife to be days after meeting her. Of course her first question was "Are you gay" Didn't take much to convince her I wasn't
    To start, I am 42 years old, white, heterosexual, have an above average IQ, and I have loved woman's clothing for as long as I can remember. While it was a "fetish" for a while my crossdressing started out well before I even knew what sex was. Since those awkward younger years my crossdressing has become more than sexual, as a matter of fact sex has little to nothing to do with it. Crossdressing is now part of my being, part of who I am.
    I crossdress fully infrequently. But I am always underdressed. I have absolutely no male undergarments left. I wear panties every day, 24/7. I am also a closet crossdresser. Personally I think that I could easily let some people know, but I promised my wife it would be our secret before we were married. In addition to this I am partially self employed and cannot afford to lose business due to social stigma. Other than my wife not wanting to deal with the potential repercussions of my being open about my clothing preferences she is quite supportive, sewing for me, helping me shop, with make-up, etc. What she claims she gets in return is a husband who isn't macho. I'm not mean, I don't argue about how long it takes her to get ready, I understand the need to have more than one pair of black shoes.... She says that it's nice to have a husband who is in touch with his feminine side. But that doesn't mean that I won't be a husband also. I take care of the house best I can. I work to help support the household. I fill up with testosterone when needed to "Get my butch on". If you have any further questions please feel free to PM me.

1. I crossdress because I like to wear hose and heels in particular and other items (panties, bra, skirts etc) as well. I crossdress because I believe we ought to have complete freedom to wear whatever we want to, without being judged.
    2. I have a semi-supportive SO.
    3. The rest would seem to be peculiar to me, or shared by a very small percentage of crossdressers, so I'll keep quiet.

Aspiring Member
    My motivation is mostly sexual although I first enjoyed dressing at an age where I couldn't even define what sex was. It was only after puberty that the dressing became intertwined with gratification.

I'm married 40 years with 3 children and 8 grandchildren. I've been out to my wife for almost three years and she's much more supportive than I ever dreamed she could be. Nobody else is aware of this side of me.

My two sides rarely cross over into one another. When not dressed I'm your typical male. When dressed, I allow myself to let go and enjoy the fantasy of being a woman, reveling in the soft and sometime restrictive garments on me.
    The only thing I have to watch out for is to suppress my above average knowledge of feminine things. This might not be understood or accepted well by my family or my circle of friends and co-workers.

1. I love the feeling of feminine clothes and I am also a little bit of an exhibitionist
    2. Married, 2 kids

I live in wichita as well...do you need a model for your speech?

Not really motivation as much as it is a reason to fullfill being who I already am. A lot of people have mistakenly learned through "sociatal education" that crossdressing is a choice. There has been many studies showing that our gender (be it female gender in a female body or female gender in a male body) is a part of who we are prior to birth. There are studies on infants. It has been shown that the majority of female babies naturaly will grab a pick color blanket instead of blue when both are held equally for them to grab. Vis-a-versa for males. Here is an interesting article about the brain being "Hard Wired" Sexuality Before Birth.
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1022062408.htm

Quote Originally Posted by sarah87 View Post
    1. I love the feeling of feminine clothes and I am also a little bit of an exhibitionist
    2. Married, 2 kids

I live in wichita as well...do you need a model for your speech?
    Not a model per se. But pictures would be lovely! Thanks though!

1. Like many, it's hard to pinpoint exactly why I dress. I like the way the clothes look and feel. There are so many choices in terms of fabric, color and cut; that men simply don't have. I also dress to express my feminine side. As a young boy, I quickly learned that in order to keep from be picked on, I needed to hide any feminine traits.

2) I'm married and have two children. My wife knows and is fairly supportive, although she prefers not to see me dressed. We have decided for the time being not to tell the kids.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I'll try to answer this from the point of view of when I cross-dressed as a woman rather than the last few months before my RLE when the cross-dressing was whilst I pretended to still be a man.

The original motivation was to fulfil a deep-felt need to explore the feminine side of my personality. As I began to accept myself more, the motivation changed to become a means of expressing who I am inside. It was never to shock or to entertain.

I have always been single, partly because even when I was denying my true self, I could not really relate to the male role in a relationship and thus became inordinately shy even though in lot of ways I masked that by being someone who was useful to have around.

Others have covered the disconnect between sexuality and gender, but I'll just mention the idea that is becoiming more prevalent that (at least in some cases) the need to cross-dress may have something to do with the development of the brain whilst we were still in the womb.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I'd like to answer this from an SO's point of view if I may!
    1. My motivation for being involved in my partner's cross dressing is so that I can know the whole person I'm with, I don't like not knowing things. I also love seeing how happy and emotionally fulfilled he is when he gets to try on a swishy skirt, or let loose that feminine side.

2. I think the SO equivalent of this question would be, 'were you aware that the person you married/are seeing crossdresses'? Yes, I was aware right from the very beginning of our relationship, several months after we first met and became friends.

a) After I joined this site, and saw all the different beautiful pictures (and not-so-beautiful pictures, though there are less of those) I realised that quite literally any woman you pass by on the street may be a cross dresser. At first I found myself wondering a lot about what gender the people around me were - like I was looking out through gender-bending goggles - then I basically decided, femininity is a lot like beauty. The most important part of it isn't just skin deep, it's how it makes you feel on the inside. It doesn't matter what a person was born, it matters who they (as a person) are.

I feel the need to dress is driven by genetics. Its like a need to express my feminine side. I am sure you will be told about those who have tried to give up and failed ( been there ).

I have been married a long time
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I dress because it matches the gender of my mind. And it makes me feel complete.

Wife (ex) left because she found out. She told the kids to justifly leaving. My new (and an only) squeeze was told the day I meet her.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get some concrete statistics and studies/surveys or whatnot? Like "1 in every ?? men are transgendered." That sorta thing.

I think the last solid stat that I heard of was " It's an irrefutable fact that 80% of statistics are made up".
    Keep in mind that almost every statistic/pole or study has a slant to it, depending on the way the information is processed.
    Mark Twain said, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." Numbers are provocative and have a certain power, but in the wrong, uneducated hands are nothing more than a mess. Even accurate statistics can be used to try to strengthen inaccurate arguments. And honesty and accuracy is therefore compromised.

With all that being said above...... The common numbers I always see flying around is 1 in 10 men have or do wear womens clothes. To what extent? There lies the rub. For what it's worth, I did ask a friend of mine that works in the emergency room about the number and he said "a hell of alot more than people would imagine. I'm actually seeing it more and more."

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    Mark Twain said, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
    Someone recently added a fourth category "politicians". As a politician, I resemble that suggestion
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

where do i send pics

My motivation..... I have no idea really. I often say that I love femininity so much that I like to try it for myself sometimes. However when I dress every morning and reach for the pantyhose/tights and girly flat shoes to wear along with my male clothing, I simply don't know why I do, it just feels 'right' or normal to me. I don't get a sexual kick from it either.

I am married with children and run a small business.

Hope that helps.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

If you have pictures to send, PM me.

@Stephanie Miller: So are there any "statistics" or "studies" that you think would be beneficial to my speech?