Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FTM and straight...

Red face FTM and straight...

I'm FTM occasional CD'er...and straight.

I've always been straight...but always had a fondness for male attire, since i was a little girl, adoring school uniform because of its tie and jacket combo.

I purposefully 'borrow' my partners clothes which he doesn't mind, and...as an actor tend to opt for male roles so i can play a man for a night.

I recently discovered drag kings...but noticed that a good number are lesbians which got me wondering...

Are straight FTM's 'acceptable' on the crossdressing scene?

Please excuse my ignorance, but...i'm VERY new to this and am still learning.

You are very welcome to me. Now what other people like or do not, you will have to wait for their replies. On this site you will find total acceptance (I think), but others in your same situation may have different experiences in that big outside and very real world.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart-Edge View Post
    Are straight FTM's 'acceptable' on the crossdressing scene?
    You're certainly acceptable in my world. In fact, I've always thought that there must be way, way more straight FTM Cders out there than there appear to be but that somehow they "get under wire" due to the fact that generally speaking it's more acceptable for a women to dress in a masculine style than visa versa. If you're describing yourself as a female version of a "garden variety male (straight) crossdresser" who mostly dresses on the weekend to feel special and different and uses it to tap into a side of themselves that they feel they can't openly express in their everyday life, then I think you will be in the minority, but that doesn't make you less welcome or accepted in our community. Welcome aboard!
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 11-08-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I bounce between girly goth and smart dressed male. Its a kind of...where and when i can get away with it, kind of thing. Where i won't get grief.

As a girl, i am shy and hide alot...as a man,i'm a flirt and very forthcoming....its like locking part of me away and letting the other me...'Bart'--out

Account is closed
    I think you are great and I would be 'accepting' of you anytime. I think it is great to have more female crossdressers be open and out. Too much of this is often dominated by male crossdressers, trans women, etc that trans men and ftm crossdressers get pushed to the wayside.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Thank you Stephanie Anne

Btw, gorgeous lip colour in your avatar pic, really suits your skin.
    'Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.'

Um, if you like guys, as an FTM guy that would make you gay...

I know at least two gay FTM guys (I'm not the sort who asks for proof of orientation when I meet someone), so please know that you are not an oddball.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

I wondered if that made me gay...But when i realized i wanted to be a girl still...that i was straight,

When i was in my late teens, i always dressed in T-shirts, jeans, and men's trousers and wondered if i was a gay man in a girls body.

When i became sexually active, i realized I wanted to be a girl ...But...enjoyed dressing as a man too. Alot.

So, i'm not strictly FTM on a permanent basis, i don't plan on becoming a Transexual, i'm happy with who i am, but i just like dressing as a man...And i don't know anybody else who feels like this...so...I went around the net looking for places where i could feel comfortable.

And i found here,

Now i feel i can say all of this without getting 'the eyebrow' or being asked if there is something wrong with me.

I feel comfortable.

A Mess of Contradictions
    It's perfectly normal. Gender expression knows no sexual orientation (though it tends to correlate, but that's another matter). If someone doesn't accept you because of who you're attracted to, that makes them the weird one. Dress as you like and be awesome.

Aspiring Member
    life is short. Be happy.

welcome to the forums...
    [SIZE="3"]~ Androgynous/FTM/Boi ~[/SIZE]

it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved as someone you're not.

Areyan's Blog

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise" - William Blake

You are who you are, and that's all there is to it. Someone else's approval or disapproval won't change that.

I'm a gay FtM... I don't think it's that unusual :-) The fact that I'm trans has nothing to do with what I'm attracted to.

It is wonderful to have you with us. Feel free to post and share that part of you as we all do here. I know we will all be accepting of you and I wish that everyone in the world could do the same.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Thank you all so much.

I'm trying to pluck up the courage to dress full male...but its hard.
    Last edited by Bart-Edge; 11-10-2010 at 10:27 PM.

I'm trying to pluck up the courage to dress full male...but its hard.
    Yes. Yes it is. And it's harder in some cities than others because of the mentality of the people there. You might dress male when you are in a more liberal city, if you travel. In the U.S. there are certain cities, usually the biggest ones, where crossdressers are more common and accepted/tolerated. I imagine it must be the same in the U.K.

Also you could slowly work your way up to dressing full male. Wear more androgynous clothes. Casual clothes such as t-shirts, jeans and sneakers are not as nice as dress clothes of course, but you can get away with it more easily.

Camden-London, Brighton, EWhitby, and probably Glasgow.

My city is very...anti-alternative sexuality/gender. Be straight or keep to the shadows is the kind of thing there.

There are a few gay bars...I might as my best friend if he might take me to one dressed as a male to see if i can pass....

Would that be alright, do you think?

There are a few gay bars...I might as my best friend if he might take me to one dressed as a male to see if i can pass....

Would that be alright, do you think?
    I think that could be really fun for you. In my experience, gay bars all have their own sets of "regulars" and atmosphere. One may seem sort of cliqueish, but the one down the street might be a lot of fun. In any case, I would expect to at least be treated decently in a gay bar... with the exception of the one resident drama queen that every bar seems to have. (Just ignore her.)

My advice: don't "try" to pass, just find men you can hang out with and start copying their interactions. As your own style of masculinity develops, passing will start coming naturally.

Yeah, welcome to the forums! I am a FTM transsexual, but I also have a "headmate", I guess you'd call her, who enjoys crossdressing as a man, so I think I get where you are coming from. Don't feel pressured to accept anyone's stereotypes. You don't have to be a transsexual to have "male" feelings and behaviors. You don't have to be a lesbian or even an outspoken feminist to enjoy wearing men's clothing. Saying "I'm a girl who enjoys men's wear" or "I'm a girl who sometimes feels/acts like a man" doesn't make you weird. Women are great, enjoy being one! Explore your feelings and don't be ashamed to change your mind as you discover new stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4serrus
    If you look like the laundry basket threw up on you you're doing it wrong.
    Do you know every thought that crosses your mind? To know the mind of many is to know the depth of the ocean. Where at? What era? Why? It is to ask of heaven, how many stars? Those near, those far, those seen, unseen, heard by whom, in darkness, alone, or in sunlight, beyond? How far? Who cares? Our creator, over all seasons presiding, knows each mind by name.

Being a girl with a man's mind set can be awesome from the point of view you can enjoy 'Video Games Night' by shooting the face off a zombie, or enjoy 'Male Humour'. And men's clothes are SOOOO comfortable. Seriously, i don't know why some guys wuss on about suits, they're great!

I really appreciate peoples advice on this. It's really helping.

I've always been straight...but always had a fondness for male attire, since i was a little girl, adoring school uniform because of its tie and jacket combo.
    As a boy I had the same affinity except I was dreaming about wearing the plaid skirts and cute white blouse

Being a girl with a man's mind set can be awesome from the point of view you can enjoy 'Video Games Night' by shooting the face off a zombie, or enjoy 'Male Humour'. And men's clothes are SOOOO comfortable. Seriously, i don't know why some guys wuss on about suits, they're great!

And we on the other side can't understand why women complain about dresses,heels and pantyhose.Its a strange world isn't it?

Welcome to the forum you will find it it a very safe accepting place

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD

LOL , What size are you ? I have about 20 suits I haven't worn in years !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Maybe we could start a suits for dresses exchange program

My size is actually changing. My doctor put me on a strict diet because i hit 18stone. But that's alright, more room for padding, right?

Hi Bart and welcome to the boards you are very welcome. I'm Felix and a post op transsexual male I am straight and although I come from a butch lesbian back ground and have been married in the heterosexual sense I have been full circle I guess and have fully realized that I am a heterosexual male. If I can help with anything just shout xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!