Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather be.....

Would you rather be.....

I was thinking about this the other day, it's purely hypothetical of course, but I was wondering if I was a teenager again, would I rather be a boy or a girl?

Truthfully, the question is would I rather be a 18 year old girl or an 16 year old boy that looks like a 18 year old girl?

I think it could be lots of fun to be the boy, but with all the bigotry and stupidity still around, it would be easier to be the girl. I'm assuming here that my personality is pretty much the same, i.e. I'm still a crossdresser etc.

Truthfully. I don't care which one I would be as long as they didn't crossdress!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well said Karren ,but I didn't enjoy being the boy very much the first time around I go for Girl.
    Being way too skinny and dorky looking for a guy made me a target.
    Last edited by tommi; 11-13-2010 at 05:20 PM.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

If I was in my teens and could take a switch pill or stay the same, I would have taken the pill. I have a great life as a man, father, husband but when I was younger, I always wanted to be a girl. I never wanted to be with a man, just be a girl.

Even if I had been a genetic girl, I would have been a tomboy. Sometimes going for the gusto has little to do with gender.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.. PattiMichaels's Avatar
    Since we're speaking hypothetically...I'd JUMP @ the chance to be an 18 year old girl instead of who I am today!!!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christy_M View Post
    If I was in my teens and could take a switch pill or stay the same, I would have taken the pill. I have a great life as a man, father, husband but when I was younger, I always wanted to be a girl. I never wanted to be with a man, just be a girl.
    That's exactly how I felt.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Most of my youth was spent trying to avoid my female tendencies, but no matter how far I ran, they were and still are constantly present. Maybe even more so now, all I think about is being a woman. When I check girls out, I'm thinking about their shoes, nails, hair, make-up, clothes. Sometimes I get super jealous; it just seems unfair that girls get to have all the fun!! That's why I love drag, its
    like I'm my self but on mega Hormones! Sublime
    If i could do it over again, I totally would have been a girl. Mainly, because i could just be myself!!

A chance to be 18 and know what I know now? A girl would be hard to pass up to be hot without trying. But back then dressing up as TV seem to be the dark-ages acceptance was so low. Lot lower than now!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I think it would be tough to be an 16 year old boy who looked like an 18 year old girl; easier to be an 18 year old boy who looked like a 16 year old girl. 18 year olds are "fair game" for sexual interest from all adults, but (details depending on jurisdiction), sexual contact by an adult who is actually 16 years old is often a "statutory rape". How many 16 year old boys are ready to stand up to that kind of pressure while at the same time facing up to gender issues ?

You said "looks like", not "dresses like" or "emulates". Around here, 16 year olds are required to attend school (except that in farm areas they may be able to drop out at 16 to work on the family farm), so if the boy who looks like a girl is not claiming the gender identity of female, you run into issues such as bathrooms, which teams can be played on, name the school is winning to use, gym class might be sexually segregated, and so on.

Back when I went through middle and secondary school, boys who looked sort of feminine were called "faggot" and socially ostracized by most of the school. I'm thinking in particular of the social difficulties faced by one of my long-haired feminine looking classmates in grade 7 and 8. The same kind of process applied to me in high school, even though I did not look feminine. I think in that time and place, if I had been a 16 year old boy who looked like an 18 year old girl, I would have had a significant bit of social trouble. Possibly not as much trouble if I had been a boy who looked female and claimed a female gender identity -- but when I was 16, Renee Richards was just in the middle of transitioning, so I don't think my school would have been ready for a TS student.

Former Member
    I'd be a boy. I'd lose the crossdressing if I could. Been through that once, I wouldn't want to go through it again.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tommi View Post
    Well said Karren ,but I didn't enjoy being the boy very much the first time around I go for Girl.
    Being way too skinny and dorky looking for a guy made me a target.
    ^^ x2

The Unlucky
    Bloody hell I'd be a girl in a heart beat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KristinSkye View Post
    ^^ x2
    ^^ x3

Quote Originally Posted by Christy_M View Post
    I am exactly like Christy - happily married, great life as a father, but I have always wanted to be a girl.

There is no doubt in my mind. I would be a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by katrinakat View Post
    Most of my youth was spent trying to avoid my female tendencies, but no matter how far I ran, they were and still are constantly present. Maybe even more so now, all I think about is being a woman.
    If i could do it over again, I totally would have been a girl. Mainly, because i could just be myself!!
    Well said katrinakat

Let me try to think that far back, A Girl, as i could have done most of the things that i have but not end up with this crap on my mind all the time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Yes I would. I would very much like to e a teen again and a GG.
    Angie

I didn't mind being a boy when young.

But puberty was embarrassing. Why did my voice break? Why did I start growing body hair? (yuk) Why didn't I grow boobs?

I like most others would be a teenage girl anytime. Although dealing with periods wouldn't be so good.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

[SIZE="4"]I would jump at the chance to be an cute 18 year old girl....I only hope I wouldn't be cross dressing into boys cloths....

[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

I would be a girl, but not a gender-dyphoric one (and as long as this is imaginary, I'd want to know what I know now).
    warmly, Linnea

I like being male, mainly to avoid dealing with menstruation and sexism limiting life's opportunities for women. I think that being an MTF CD is in some ways getting the best of both, if only it were more socially acceptable. Actually, a girl might be the better choice. I would have had more friends and probably be much happier. But, I am not going to spend much time thinking about it.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

Banned Read only
    Let's see, hmm! Eighteen year old girl in the 1960's. Graduate high school, get married, get pregnant, get pregnant again, and get pregnant again. No career since fast food and Wal-Mart weren't invented again! Husband goes to work, comes home, eats his meals, pops a beer and falls asleep in his beat up chair watching television. You feed babies, change diapers, feed babies, change diapers, feed babies, change diapers! All those lovely 1960's form fitting dresses and short mini skirts are relegated to the back of the closet, because now you're wearing a house dress. All those high school dances are a thing of the past as you sit in the park playground with the other eighteen year old mothers watching the kids on the slide.

Eighteen year old guy graduates high school, gets a job, gets drafted, goes to Viet Nam, gets shot up, comes home and nobody cares!

Fast forward, 2010's- eighteen year old girl graduates high school, goes to college, gets a nice career, delays marriage and child rearing! Has a great time buying clothes, traveling, screwing guys. Has fun!

Eighteen year old guy graduates high school, gets lousy job, joins army or marines, goes to Afghanistan, gets shot up, comes home, nobody cares!

I'll take being a young woman in the 2010's!

Stephanie47 you sure put everything into historical perspective,
    I'll take being a young woman in the 2010's!
    X2