Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much time spent in drag??

Pretty much from 5 pm every weekday until 7 am the next morning and 100% on the weekends. But still, when I go to work I have my panties on.

One night a week, usually a Friday, and I will get dressed around 9 or so and stay en femme till the wee hours of the morning when the sun is coming back up. I want to stay as Alexxis for as long as I can, because once she is gone, I won't see her again till the next week. Wish I could dress more often, but people are always stopping by or I gotta meet with so and so, ugh!
    Always with love... from Sexy Lexxi!

I'm split about 50/50 these days. That's due to the need to earn a living at this stage, but when I come home it's off with the drab and on with the fab.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Smile

Great Thread. I am spending more and more time dressed. When I am home I am dressed and sleep with night gown panties and bra w/forms. Just finished shaving and painting my toe nails, Plum Luck. I feel very pretty. The more I dress the more my life is coming together. I have found serenity, though I hate that word.LOL Taking one day at a time, but I am thinking of moving more and more to full time girl status. I have found myself and I am a woman. Love that off with the drab on with the Fab. Very groovy Cheryl.
    polythene pam

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    i have a kid and work a rather weird schedule. i dress up when i am off and the kid is not at my house, as my work allows me several days off at a time. I dress when wife is at work, but don't get undressed when she gets home, i just wait for her all dressed. so to answer your question, it could be 2 days a week, but i could not be again for 2 weeks, all depends on other factors. I do enjoy getting dressed when i can.

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    What percentage of your day(or week) do you spend in girl clothes?
    I'm probably in a 0.x number percentage.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Can get a cpl full days and nights dressed a week,otherwise I dress most days when I come home from nightshift,have one or two girlie free days a week when "he" gets a look in lol.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

if just the outer clothing. it must be 80-% of total time.
    if you go by undies it is 100% of my time.
    if all dolled up it does drop to 60%
    as i do not always put on makeup, but most of the time i am dressed in things i have bought for my self in the woman's dept. awake or asleep.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I must admit that I assumed "drag" simply means "dressed as a girl" and has nothing to do with dressing for "impersonation performance". As with others I have to split up my time:

Almost always underdressed.

There are days when I'm mixed dressed: my jeans are all size 8, and I have some VS sweaters that I wear in male mode as vests under my suits, and then there are the days that the only thing I'm wearning that is argueably male is my socks! On the other side, we found that very high heels are incredibly theraputic for my chronic back problems, so I slip on my 5" clogs for about an hour a day! All tolled, that's probably 30% of my waking time.

Thenthere is the time that really belongs to Tina. Interestingly enough my wife has at times been concerned that Tina would start getting jealous of all the "guy" time that life sometimes presents to me. This is especially so now since for about a year the two of us won't be alone in the house, very much minimizing pure Tina time! So what used to be almost a day a week has been pretty thin lately. I had a week at a conference in late August and it's been pretty dry since then.

Tina (really missing her these days!)

Account is closed
    I learned finally that drag is "dressed as a girl" and drab is "dressed as a boy". Did not know this.

I guess I could say I dress up as a boy every so often. when I have to enter one of the secure facilities for my work I still have to resent as my old self until my name change and gender marker paperwork gets done. I have almost started to enjoy crossdressing in drab
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I try to limit my time dressed to no more than 168 hours per week. I gave up cross-dressing (to pretend to be a man) about 18 or 19 weeks ago.

There is a whole thread now discussing the terms used to refer to when we don female clothing, but I am certain that the OP intended no offence and was asking a genuine question.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Although I have the urge and opportunity to dress most days, I try to limit my dressing (not always successfully) to about twice a week at home. Monday and Thursday are typically the designated dressing days. Usually I dress alone at home, but I have gone out in public for a couple of hours on a few occasions. Most of the time, I dress for about 4-6 hours during the day, but sometimes I stayed dressed for the evening when my wife gets home from work. I also wear a nightgown to bed once or twice a week. I almost never underdress; it doesn't do much for me and seems pointless.

Smile All dressed up

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Blaine View Post
    Pretty much from 5 pm every weekday until 7 am the next morning and 100% on the weekends. But still, when I go to work I have my panties on.
    I' m the same as you for my dressing just different hours of the day.
    And I also wear my panties all the time except to bed ....giggle.

Terri

Unhappy How much time spent in drag.

Because of the living situation right now, not enough.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802
    Please forgive me. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I was meaning drag as dressed as a girl. Or at least that's what I thought it meant. Doesn't DRAB mean DRessed As a Boy???
    [SIZE="2"]Well, you must hate me by now, but please don’t think I’m the least bit upset about the word “drag” appearing in a crossdressing thread – it’s a polarizing term for some members, so it’s very presence generates discussion. That’s a GOOD thing. As I mentioned in one thread or another (I lose track sometimes), I have heard this “dressed-as-a-girl” definition. I heard it here, just a few months ago, so I know there are other meanings to the term. The over-riding fact is this – most people equate crossdressing, specifically MtF crossdressing, as drag (female impersonation), so it makes any attempt at understanding this inexplicable state of being that much more difficult. This (drag) may be the only point of reference an outsider may have when a loved one “comes out” and looks for support, so you may begin to see where I’m coming from. If you’re attempting to emulate females, and embrace all that is feminine, in an attempt to express (or incorporate) what comes from within, wouldn’t it be a shame to be seen as merely a female impersonator? How do you feel about DRAG, as opposed to d.r.a.g.?
    [/SIZE]

See now I'm terribly embarrassed. However it seems that no matter what you say it upset someone.
    [SIZE="2"]Don’t be embarrassed. As I said above, generating discussion is a virtue, especially with innocuous (i.e. non-controversial) subjects like this. Words and terms are discussed endlessly around here; in fact this is the fourth or fifth discussion about drag since I’ve been a member. You may offend someone now and then, but that may lead to more discussion, and you (and the offended party) may just learn something about themselves. Please keep posting, and don’t worry about how you’re coming across – you’re doing just fine...
    [/SIZE]

for me.. i can get in a full day on saturday and maybe a half day on sunday.. during the week i just dont have the time and when tiff (g/f) and i are together she encourages it as much as possible, as long as her 4 girls are not around..

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Question Followup question??

[SIZE="6"]The one common theme I keep hearing is that no one seems to get enough time en femme. Does anyone like thier boy clothes? Or does everyone want to dress en femme 24/7????[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Briana90802; 11-20-2010 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    [SIZE="4"]Please forgive me. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I was meaning drag as dressed as a girl. Or at least that's what I thought it meant. Doesn't DRAB mean DRessed As a Boy???

See now I'm trerribly embarassed. However it seems that no matter what you say it upset someone.[/SIZE]

Again very sorry.
    Some people seem to take offense at this term, other's don't. My guy is a drag queen, so I don't. But, oddly enough, I do take offense at those that are so vhemently offended by the term and apply global discriptions and preconcieved notions to what it means. Christie is neither over the top nor flamboyant. She is simply DRessed As Girl when she preforms. In this way she has found an 'acceptable' outlet for her CD'ing. I am trying to change that, with loving acceptance of her female personality in hopes that he will be comforable being female in day to day situations.

Until we can change our ways of thinking that apply to all labels we will be stuck with negativity applied to us... I'm a GG here not a cisgendered woman, should I be offended? I'm not. It's just a word, but applying negativity to the word is what hurts. We are all trying to stumble through a gender defined world with spectrum sexuality... I have no name for what I am in gender terms. I was outed one time by a gay friend as liking, "chicks with d*cks", how's that for offensive? Still, that is pretty much the truth of it.

A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Edit: Frédérique, it is interesting to see the word "Tranny" in your signature. There is another thread today that states how that term is offensive to some. It just goes to show that it is all in what you make of it.
    Last edited by ChristiesGurl; 11-20-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: added further comment
    "I know the difference between myself and my reflection. I just can't help but to wonder, which of us do you love?" ~Evanescence~

Briana,

As to your followup question, I dress about as much as I want to. Its nothing like 24/7 because I don't want to dress that often. Even with that, I am under dressed most of the time. And yes I do like my boy clothes quite a bit as well.

I guess I'm like most that would like to dress more. It's been slow and steady progress for the past few years and my SO has progressed from don't ask don't tell to letting me sleep in long nightgowns with a bra and forms! I even dress sometimes when I'm working in my office downstairs. Yesterday, my SO came home and called down to have me come and get a box out of her car. Well, at the time I was dressed in fem jeans and heels, a bra and forms and a woman's top. Rather than do a quick change, I simply went up as dressed and brought the box from the car into the house. Since this was about 5 pm, I stayed dressed until bed time. So, I got to eat dinner and watch some television dressed enfemme. And the world didn't stop spinning! I hope this means that I'll be able to dress even more.

[SIZE=5]The Only time I am not dressed is when I have to work or run errons, other than that I am dressed 24/7[/SIZE]
    Mistybtm

From Friday evening to Monday morning at least. I can't wait until Friday evening
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Not nearly enough time. Only a few hours a week. I wish I could do more.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I never dress in "Drag!" But I do dress enfemme almost every day! Sometimes for only a few hours, at other times it is for all day. As I have said many times, I have no desire to actually be a woman! I just like to wear their clothes, whenever possible!

For those who don't know, Drag dressing is generally considered to be dressed to stand out! In other words, you dress to make people really notice you! Look at RuPaul for example! This definition came from a psychologist I spoke with some time ago. The word Drag does not mean dressing as a girl! Nor does Drab mean dressing as a boy. Men's clothing is usually not colorful or made to stand out in any way, therefore it is drab!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 11-25-2010 at 08:17 AM.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I live as a woman 24/7.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud