Thread: Makeup at work

Makeup at work

In my quest to continually amaze myself at my level of comfort, I'm wearing makeup at work today. In male mode. I did it by accident last Friday because I'd not done a great job removing my eyeliner from the night before and the reaction was fine. People noticed and commented on it but it was all ok. So this morning I had fixed my hair and gotten dressed and thought, a little eyeliner would really go well with this shirt and next thing I knew I was applying it.

So far so good. One guy has playfully teased me about it but all in good fun.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

You are so brave. When are you going to try lip stick?

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    Go for it girl. For the last few months I have been using mascara, eyebrow pencil and lipstick at work and no comments have been made. I guess people really are too wrapped up in their own life to care.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Well not to work, but sometimes I curl my hair, wear full makeup, big earrings, panties, bra and forms, a skirt, feminine top, heels, nailpolish, wax my eyebrows and shave my body... as a guy. Wouldn't want anybody to think I'm a crossdresser!

I'll put on a little conealer & bronzer but that's about it for me.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    There was a period during which I wore either a very pale brown lipstick or a light red/orange lipstick at work, always without lip pencil, and allowing it to wear off naturally (possibly refreshing it at my breaks.) I did not get any comments.

For those considering wearing lipstick, note that a pale pink or clear lipstick can be much more visible than a redder lipstick. That's because pale pink and clear lipsticks tend to be fairly glossy, and it is easy for people to see the reflections off of the gloss, like when someone is wearing lip-gloss or chapstick. A more highly pigmented lipstick, carefully chosen, would not be as reflective; if the color goes well with you, people might not "see" it. My lips tend to be fairly thin and tend a bit towards blue-ish; red/orange combos that are not vivid can result in my lips merely looking a bit more typical-human.

I have also worn foundation from time to time, especially if I nicked myself or got razor-burn during shaving.

I do not recall experimenting with eyeliner or mascarra or eyeshadow at work.

Oh very cool Rye. I am going to have to step up Going to find some subtle eye makeup

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Have in the past week begun wearing Mascara to work,just a little bit.I have had comments about the length of my eyelashes before so thought a little enhancement would be in order,my GG friends have commented on it thinking it's cool,the guys in work well they aint likely to be gazing into my eyes so they wouldn't have a scoobys that I had makeup on,can't see me progressing into wearing anything else,but you never can tell

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I have worn mascara a lot, but not eye liner...could be because my skill at eyeliner is approximately similar to an 8 year old practicing. What is next?

You girls are awsome ! The only thing I've done outwardly in drab is clear lipgloss, lol.
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

Nothing wrong with wearing a little guyliner to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean View Post
    Well not to work, but sometimes I curl my hair, wear full makeup, big earrings, panties, bra and forms, a skirt, feminine top, heels, nailpolish, wax my eyebrows and shave my body... as a guy. Wouldn't want anybody to think I'm a crossdresser!
    You are kidding right?

That's cool.

I normally wear at least foundation. Would wear more makeup, but my job is a cleaner and so not dealing with any customers (or many staff), no one sees me, so there is not much point in looking good.

I personally do not like eyeliner, so never wear it anytime.

A guy teasing you? What, is he gay or something?
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.