Thread: Probably a stupid issue of mine re:wearing skirts in public

Probably a stupid issue of mine re:wearing skirts in public

So I may well be the only one that this bothers but when it comes to wearing skirts in public I would really have no problem with it except for one thing. When I wear shorts or pants, there is not really a noticeable crotch bulge (after all the design kind of bunches there anyway), but with skirts, since they can have far less "loose" cloth, there is definitely a noticeable crotch bulge. Now again, maybe I am the only one that feels this way but I think it looks unappealing to others who are around you and I do not really want to tuck (seems like a lot of hassle and discomfort). I do not know if anyone has ways to deal with this but it is sure one major thing that keeps me from wearing them in public which is a bit of a shame since I like the feel of them at least as much as shorts and WAY more than pants.

No, it's not a 'stupid issue' - we all want to look and feel our best.

A possible solution may be to try control panties - they are a tighter fit. Next on the 'restriction' category would probably be a girdle (though I'm not sure how comfortable that's going to be).

Have you tried looser fitting skirts?

Hope this helps...

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I wear control top pantyhose which helps a lot.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Good point StaceyJane, I completely forgot about pantyhose. Probably because I don't wear them.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I agree, find a skirt with a different and roomier design. Add to that something else to help pull the package in and contain it and you should be feeling better about that.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    You could try what Alannah and Stacy suggested! Or you could do a very simple thing, which is to wear a tighter pair of panties, and simply tuck everything between your legs. I quit tucking (as usually done) completely about 40 to 50 years ago. Yes, I am that old! But I am also blessed as a CD, since I do not have large male parts! Never has been a problem. Also. do wear looser skirts! They are much more fun!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I avoid the "pencil style" skirt and usually wear this type :
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I was going to say the same thing as Phyliss , and a denim skirt is ideal as it is a more robust material and a lot of them have a zip in the front which will help hide things .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I agree with others here....Control top pantyhose or firm control panties do a LOT for the bulge. Also as Phyliss mentioned, A-line skirts can hide a lot of evils too.

Definatly do not have that issue... You may need to tuck if your not, get a girdle and or change skirt styles... Imho.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'd echo a lot of what people have said on here regarding wearing control top pantyhose or firmer panties, and yes, looser skirts. It also is a good idea to seek out skirts where the fabric design can sort of play down this issue, such as a denim skirt with a fly, or certain patterns can cause optical illusions. Pleated or a-line skirts can be your friend, as can leggings under the skirt, as well as a good slip if the skirt isn't lined. Also, depending on the length of the skirt, an untucked top can hang down and cover the "problem area" as well.

Long story short, layers are your friend.

However if your taste just happens to be super tight pencil skirts, then welcome to the world of wearing women's clothing, sometimes you have to suffer for your beauty and tucking may be required, just as women have to sometimes enlist the aid of things like Spanx and other shapewear in order to fit themselves into clothes that are designed entirely for style and not for function at all.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I'm not so concerned with how one would go about hiding, looks like you've gotten plenty of good advice in this department. But it seems that doing so is somewhat mandatory in our world, if not only for presentation's sake but also out of respect for women, both natal and our fellow tg women.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Silver Member
    I can't tuck so I know what you are saying. I sometimes wear 2 panty girdles to help smoosh things. I find that with skirts and dresses i get great results with an open bottom girdle. i put on either panties or a panty girdle, then pantyhose and the open botom girdle last (I sometimes do less layering). The benefit of the OPG is it flattens things but there is a place for them to go. The added bonus is that it also helps keep those knees together. The option on the skirt/dress style is valid. I have a beautiful flowing lace skirt that hides things very well. Also empire style dresses are very flattering as are A line skirts. Hang in there, oops sorry about the pun.

I have 1 word for you. Let's see if I can spell this right... Crinalins. Ok I know that's not the way you spell it but maybe others can spell it right for me. But you can find them in all lenghts and shapes. They can flare out as much or as little as you like. One lair should work good enough to hide it. Just a thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    A "shaper" might well help.

I try on my skirts and dresses in the store. The occasional one is just too obvious in the front, especially if it is stretch material like a tube dress. Though admittedly for those kind of dresses, my first thought in looking in the mirror usually isn't about the bulge at the crotch level but rather about the much bigger bulge at the waist level

I do have several pencil skirts and enjoy wearing them -- and yes, I do enjoy skirts that are narrow enough and long enough down the leg that I must use a smaller stride. For me, even though I do not tuck, the crotch bulge is usually not a problem; to paraphrase the old Crispo ad, "It all goes away, except for one tablespoon". That wasn't always true, though: it is partly a product of wearing panties for several years.

I wear alot of A-line skirts. If I wear pencil skirt, I make sure the 'tuck' is real good.
    joank
    Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Horton View Post
    I have 1 word for you. Let's see if I can spell this right... Crinalins. Ok I know that's not the way you spell it but maybe others can spell it right for me. But you can find them in all lenghts and shapes. They can flare out as much or as little as you like. One lair should work good enough to hide it. Just a thought.
    Crinoline. A series of hoops connected by bands of fabric. There are also hoop skirts, where the hoops are fewer and incorporated in a complete skirt. To be worn with both inner and outer petticoats. Probably a bit extreme.

I like the look of full, flared skirts. A simple petticoat could be worn. I find that leotards give a lot of support and hides the bulge, short of tucking. With the added benefit of reminding me to stand up straight

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Crinoline. A series of hoops connected by bands of fabric. There are also hoop skirts, where the hoops are fewer and incorporated in a complete skirt. To be worn with both inner and outer petticoats. Probably a bit extreme.

I like the look of full, flared skirts. A simple petticoat could be worn. I find that leotards give a lot of support and hides the bulge, short of tucking. With the added benefit of reminding me to stand up straight
    The crinoline's I'm talkming about don't have any hoops. There just fabric that is ahhh poofie . You find them I'm some skirts and dresses that are not so full just gives them a litte flair to them. When you see then you'll know that they can be good enough to look great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Bulge? Lucky you!

Seriously, though, I agree with the others, shape wear panties, or just tighter fit regular panties and tights will do the job of smoothing out your figure evenly.

Phyliss: you look striking by the way!!! I have a skirt similar, but Want those shoes!

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I was too lazy to read all the replies, but I've found another bit of camouflage: prints. Instead of a plain skirt, a print tends to hide things a bit, at least for me.