Thread: A note to younger CD'ers

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar

A note to younger CD'ers

I'm in my 40's, and have only really started my CD'ing journey. I'm noticing, with all the hair removal that I am doing, that my skin has seen better days. Lots of sun induced freckles, lines, and other marks.

So, don't try to be tough guys (when you are in guy mode) and run around with your shirt off while working or playing outside. Avoid tanning, no matter how good you may look. Wear sunscreen. Wear a hat. Protect your skin. Use moisturizer. Wear proper winter clothing. I could go on, I'm sure.

Oh, and don't try to be tough when it comes to work - lift reasonable amounts. Don't be heroes. Get help if something is crazy heavy. Your body will thank you for years to come.

Take care

Jay Cee

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Jay Cee,

I hear you !

Kelly

P.S. Lets meet and share a cup of advil sometime ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Good advice.

Who wants to be a tough guy anyway? Not me, for sure.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

I LOVE pale skin, and hide from that awful yellow burny thing in the sky.

However, when I was younger I did not appreciate this aesthetic, and how maintaining pale skin was actually much safer than getting horrible sun burn. There were days I was a regular lobster I was so red, and could barely move. Yea, I may end up with skin cancer.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I think the comment that sums it up for me is; "If I'd known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself." Add to that; "If I'd known that I was never going to give up crossdressing I would have used sunscreen and lots more moisturizer."
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I cringe every time I see a young woman leaving a trail of skin flakes during the summer, or worse, coming out of the tanning booth. Melanoma is one of the most lethal forms of cancer, and the statistics are high where I live.

Me, I'm a literal redneck during the summer. I really need to take better care of my neck when working out in the sun.

We don’t get sun in Scotland, and I gave up sunbeds many years ago. It ages the skin so quickly or so it seems from seeing the constant GG users. The sun is beautiful but must be respected. Everything in moderation they say, apart from crossdressing and shopping

tough guy

been there done that got the bumper sticker

just look @ me now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well said Jay Cee! I wish I had taken that advice back in my surfer days and I'm paying the price now. Praying that I dodge the skin cancer bullet!

Debby

Remember when they used to call an obvious tan "the healthy look"- WRONG.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Hi,

For some of us it allso depends on your skin being some what olive im one of those who spent most of my life working out side allways had a shrit on & wore a sun hat & in shorts, try 46 years in work. & on the buiding sites. many of those around me were the tough guys . i may have been strong , just not tough or even tryed to be, .

To day at 63, male guys i know did the tough life of drink & so on & are now paying dearly , there skin is hard very lined & dark , & allso have health problems & they are younger than i between 40 to 55

I did look ahead in looking after my self & that has payed off in many ways lovely skin & no health problems that stop me from enjoying life & just being one of the girls / women.

...noeleena...

Thanks for the advice. I'm 19 and enjoy crossdressing a lot. I'm actually kind of glad I don't tan well because it's made me extremely careful of how much sun I get. However, this has presented a new problem. Most of the dresses I wear are about knee-length, and because I am extremely pale, it gets commented on a lot.

Very wise words, Jay Cee.

Here I am at only 50 years olds, My hands and wrist hurt so bad from arthritis, My back is almost alwasy messed up. And a hernia too.

If I had only heard those words when I was younger.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"