Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else feel polarised?

Does anyone else feel polarised?

Sometimes I see myself as a weathered adventurer, grizzled by the sun, wind and salt spray. The old man of the sea, Proteus. But then I want to be a woman, feminine, beautiful, graceful like a Nereid.

Does anyone else feel like they are having to compromise between their male and female sides? I can't really bring myself to shaving my beard, I wouldn't feel like myself in guy mode, and for me it takes a long time to grow it back. Legs need to be shaved at one point. Toenails painted, too.

Proteus was actually a shape shifter. That sure would have come in handy!
    Last edited by alexis GG; 11-20-2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Moved to right section for you ;)

I shaved my moustache off. I'm sorry to say facial hair is not compatible with the feminine look. Be glad that the clean shaven look is acceptable male grooming.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Within in me there is harmony and balance. I am me. Neither male nor female.

Without me, the story is different. I am male, and present a male to androgynous appearance. I much prefer my fem/androgynous look, mainly because I like the clothing and hair I have tried to grow a beard, but I just don't like the look or the feel. So I am smooth shaven.

Nope not all all they are able to come and go as they please and they're in harmony with each oither....jsut let them be free and don't hold them back....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Years back, I grow a beard trying to be what was in my panties. I got tired of being the bearded lady in the circus. Now I need only one picture to show who I am and feel inside.

Peace is a great thing!

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Years ago I had a beard. It made me crazy, red and real wirey, Shaved it off. Now the more I shave the more I like smooth skin, Face, legs and chest.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I can identify with this. In a real sense I have to be two (or more) different people. I suspect though this is true of all of us, not just crossdressers, though crossdressers may have a greater distance between their two selves - a real polarity.

I am beginning to explore the middle ground (which some here seem to find quite offensive it seems) by wearing a skirt out and about without even trying to pass as a woman. It sure as heck is a lot easier than what I read some of the guys here go through - no makeup, no shaving, no worrying about whether or not I pass, no worrying about anyone noticing my voice not matching my attire. And who's to know what I'm wearing underneath my kilt skirt or guy skirt anyway?

And when I'm in the privacy of my own home I can still dress from head to toe in as feminine an outfit as I choose.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    No,I don't think I ever felt myself polarised, even when I was in denial. What little dichotomy I felt has been resolved now that I am legally Rianna
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

methinks yon captain reads too much mythology LOL

Danni

Yes my female side is being compromised all the time , it is all very well being TG but for that to truly work you would also need to be a hermaphrodite , so how and you really expect to get a true balance .
    ( A shape shifter ) would you be happiest shifting to something or back from it .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    For years, I had some form of scruff, van dyke beard, mustache, or full beard. Now I run with the clean shaven look, and have no regrets. Maybe I don't look quite as manly when I am in drab, but then again, I don't much care either.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I wore my facial hair for years believing it made it less likely that anyone would think of me as less than the masculine image I tried to portray. Finally I realized that the mustache was an accessory only, not my personality. Besides I would get lipstick on it or I couldn't see my lipstick after the application, yuccch!

When I shaved it off I explained it in a variety of ways, none of them related to my newly enhanced ability to apply makeup as I was crossdressing. Although it had been in place for years, but shortly after my face was liberated, everyone knew I was still the same. Well except me, I knew I was different, not needing to put up that false front to people who didn't have a clue in the first place.

I was the only one I was fooling, no one else cared.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I'm perfectly comfortable not shaving for days on end and being the archetypal guy; but when I get girled up, I want to be girled up. I don't see it as a big conflict. I like being a guy and doing guy stuff, but from time to time I enjoy being a girl. It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    Within in me there is harmony and balance. I am me. Neither male nor female.

Without me, the story is different. I am male, and present a male to androgynous appearance. I much prefer my fem/androgynous look, mainly because I like the clothing and hair I have tried to grow a beard, but I just don't like the look or the feel. So I am smooth shaven.
    Said so well. I am the same. Inside I have a near perfect harmony where the two side of my personality meet and form the whole me. Both male and female parts of me play very important and different roles in my work and personal life and without either I am not complete.

On the outside I have to look male due to work and family. I prefer to be clean shaven naturally as I hate a lot of facial hair and this helps when I am in female clothes as there is nothing too masculine showing - i.e no beard etc. The worst will be some stubble from not shaving for 2 days but that is it.

As I do not try and present as a woman, I have no conflict in looks - I only strive to look (mostly) respectable regardless of what I am wearing at the time.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Me thinks this is one of those progressive things.

We all start with underwear and then outerwear, then shoes, and then maybe a few accessories and finally maybe a wig which must lead to makeup to complete the transformation.

The order may be different for some, and the the place where you are today maybe different, but the end result of total transformation is the only place for me. I have no desire to dress unless I can get dressed all the way. The feel, the look in the mirror, and even the step out the door is all dependant on the that total transformation. Once there, there is no going back to a bearded lady.
    [/SIZE]

Life is a series of compromises... Why should this be any different?? You can't have everything your way... Its just not possible. Personally it boils down to prioritize and scheduling. What engineers do best!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It's only been 2–3 years that I've been crossdressing. Naturally it's not something I can figure out overnight.

I don't feel androgynous, I'd rather say I'm bigendered. I'm male AND female, not neither. And it seems I'm going to have to make a compromise.

I know I am a mariner. I'm definitely one of the old school. But it's still very male dominated. Having a girl in every port and all that (Or a t-girl, that's not a myth ). At the same time, a real seaman must be versed in both sewing and macramé. Really, gender at sea is a very interesting topic for future study.

I did pluck my chest hair this morning, though, it was unsightly regardless of gender expression.

Yeah... Try being a coal miner.... There are a few women.... But in the dark and dirt its hard to tell.. A guy get caught with panties underground and I'll bet he never see the light of day again! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Definitely polarized. Mustache for 38 years, CD seriously on & off for 15 or so, out in public dressed for a few years now. So I'm out to strangers but not to friends & family. Not a sustainable practice.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus
    Does anyone else feel polarised?
    Sometimes I see myself as a weathered adventurer, grizzled by the sun, wind and salt spray. The old man of the sea, Proteus. But then I want to be a woman, feminine, beautiful, graceful like a Nereid.
    Does anyone else feel like they are having to compromise between their male and female sides? I can't really bring myself to shaving my beard, I wouldn't feel like myself in guy mode, and for me it takes a long time to grow it back. Legs need to be shaved at one point. Toenails painted, too.
    [SIZE="2"]
    Polarization seems to be a theme around here lately...

I’m happy to say I never see myself as purely male, fitting into those accepted or pre-determined roles that the word “male” connotes. I turn away from all that. Gracefulness is my companion at all times, and it (she) gently pulls me away from any residual masculine proclivities I may not know exist. Granted, it doesn’t take much urging, since the boy was subsumed a long time ago. She is beautiful, and tender, and must be obeyed at all times…

Not that it matters, but I’ve never had any facial hair. I have fair hair, so any beard I would grow would take ages. Nowadays I stick out simply by shaving – no beard “shadow,” either…
    [/SIZE]

I look dreadful in a beard. Everyone complains about it.
    In fact everyone complains about how I look with 2 days of stubble including my boss, my mom, and past girlfriends....and I agree.
    I am now on the track of getting permanent hair removal on my face to make my male self look better as well as my female side look more real. Yes, I am actually commited to doing it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Polarized? Always! Compromise? Almost never!

Because closet CDs DON'T NEED TO COMPROMISE!

Not in our choice of clothing, accessories, or worrying about what anyone thinks!

I keep ALL my facial hair, almost NEVER worry about makeup, and often dress like an expensive hooker!

Proteus, if u don't go out dressed, u can ALWAYS dress to please YOURSELF!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I know what you mean about feeling polarized, though I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. Compromise is a part of life. Personally, I find that I let my male and female sides wax and wane. I've been known to grow a beard and spend months looking like a grizzled mountain man. At other times I want to revel in femininity. I'm quite happy with both sides of me, and I try to make room in my life for both. The one thing I've found is that I prefer to keep them at least somewhat separate. That is, if I want to dress, I'll make sure I'm clean shaven first (face to toe, preferably), and feeling properly girly. I just don't feel comfortable dressing up when I look or feel like a weathered adventurer.

Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    I'm perfectly comfortable not shaving for days on end and being the archetypal guy; but when I get girled up, I want to be girled up. I don't see it as a big conflict. I like being a guy and doing guy stuff, but from time to time I enjoy being a girl. It's fun.

Me too. To me, my CD is only a part of the whole me.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I keep ALL my facial hair, almost NEVER worry about makeup, and often dress like an expensive hooker!
    The really expensive hookers are indistinguishable from fashion models or well-paid businesswomen, in my experience!

- Diane