Thread: I was in drab and

I was in drab and

picking up some alterations. When I say drab I mean 100% man mode. As I was leaving the tailor said "Have a nice day ma'am. Since I have been dressing fem more often than not I am accustomed to hearing that so i didn't register for me until I got to the car. My question is has this happened to anyone else?
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happened to me once, on a shuttle bus. I was wearing a Tongan shirt, which is very floral, but totally male.
    The person took a second look and apologized.
    I just laughed!

Aspiring Member
    lol thats odd. Can't say that has ever happened to me though. Perhaps most of her customers are female and it just came from a force of habit?

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    Happened to me once, on a shuttle bus. I was wearing a Tongan shirt, which is very floral, but totally male.
    The person took a second look and apologized.
    I just laughed!
    i was wearing work jeans, dirty tennis shoes, an old blue T shirt, and my old khaki jacket complete with a rip in the sleeve. Nothing fem about it (I hated it btw)

Happens to me a lot for some reason. And for some reason, I don't really mind..

Quote Originally Posted by KristinSkye View Post
    lol thats odd. Can't say that has ever happened to me though. Perhaps most of her customers are female and it just came from a force of habit?
    It was a guy. Really more terrorist looking than tailor, but we must not profile. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jessica renee View Post
    Happens to me a lot for some reason. And for some reason, I don't really mind..
    I don't mind at all. I just think maybe Michelle is coming out no matter what I do anymore. Gotta love it. LOL

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    Really more terrorist looking than tailor, but we must not profile. LOL
    lol - true, true

Hell I don't get Ma'amed when out enfemme!! I'm doing something worng...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I get ma'amed all the time on the phone. Makes me smile every time!

I'm in drab at work and get Ma'amed 50% of the time!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Four of us were out getting a nice meal 2 guys 2 girls, the guy water asked my GF what she wanted, then asked me "ma'am what would you like". He was standing to my side and sort of to my back so he couldn't see my face. Other than my GF no one in the group knows that I dress up at times. No one responded to the comment so I tried to ignore it. Still I did blush while trying to act normal. Other than my hair and long fingernails nothing was at all female in my appearance. Also if you look at my face, it is a hard sell to think I'd pass as a woman w/o a lot of well applied makeup. IMO the waiter was just responding to my hair? Once I started talking he didn't reply that way again.

When we are out in public, 99.9% of the people are not trying to decide if they are looking at a real girl or a real man.
    They just look and make a quick assumption as to what they see, I don't think they really care if you are a GG or not, if they like what they see they smile.
    If they start to study you then maybe they might wonder, but if you are just passing, no one really cares.
    Plus only guys are considered cross dressers?
    Now another cross dresser may look a lot harder out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by ronny0 View Post
    Now another cross dresser may look a lot harder out of interest?
    Maybe he was a crossdressing terrorist? LOL

Silver Member
    I read somewhere that that is a great way to tell if your femme voice works! Congrats, your does!!

Many years ago I grabbed the last of an item, and the person behind me said "Hey, she got the last one!" I wasn't dressed, but did have long hair at the time...

Have you used this tailor for alterations to feminine clothing before? I wonder if it's because he figured it was for you?
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

Quote Originally Posted by CindyT View Post
    Have you used this tailor for alterations to feminine clothing before? I wonder if it's because he figured it was for you?
    Yes many times but I always take it in pre marked, and sometimes my wife takes it in. I have never been there in Michelle mode

Aspiring Member
    At work I sometimes get "md'med". I figure they see my long hair, which is in a ponytail, and not the name tag with my male ego listed.

Gold Member
    I think these things happen for a variety of reasons. People are working their job and are just trying to keep up. As already said, they could be reacting to long hair or voice and having an automatic response. I was checking out of a Ross with a dress once, fully in drab before my hair was long and with a beard. I got a "Have a Nice Day Ma'am" from the cashier. I looked at the lady behind me and we both laughed. Probably was just because she had a bunch of ladies in line and I bought a dress. Of course this means I'll get a sir while dressed to make up for it.

I get "ma'am" or "ladies" (when w/wife) fairly often. Full on guy mode, jeans, polo and a hat! I blame the hair, earrings, and eyebrows. It only surprises me when I have a hat one a w day stubble.... I have very fem hair so I can understand it most the time....
    I think most people just make a quick glance and assume female when they see anything fem. Society is so trained that masculine is ONLY masculine that any fem presentation must be female.....

Question the eye sight of the person who ma'am's me in drab for a blad pate is hardly becoming of a woman, is it?