Thread: Flying

Flying

This is more for information and support than a question so I'm not sure where it should go on the forum. I'm sure the moderators will find the correct place for it.

I have just flown to Spain and back from the UK dressed and have had no problems. I had a great time travelling and loved my holiday.

The things I learnt:

Packing is a nightmare because you have to keep under a certain weight but will want to take everything. Think outfits that you can mix and match. Don't try to cram in too many shoes, boots and bags.

Jewellery weighs much more than you think. Try to include it in your hand baggage. This means you need to put your handbag into your hand baggage which is far from ideal, at least its only for a few hours.

Wear as little jewellery as possible as you will have to take it all off for security. If possible don't wear belts or anything metallic (see later).

Make sure you have a pedicure before you go because you will likely have to remove your shoes.

Put all your make-up and any lotions, cleansers etc. in a clear plastic bag and not in your handbag.

Be proud and confident at all times.

So I got to the airport with no problems and checked in. They were training at the check-in counter and were slightly amused to see my passport photo (but then I do look a bit of a thug) but were quite happy to give me my ticket and let me proceed.

Security was a nightmare. I had to take all my jewellery and my shoes off, she wanted my belt but it was sewn onto my dress so we reasoned. I didn't make the beepy thing go beep so all was well. It took me ten minutes to put everything on again.

No problems beyond that except beware of drunk passengers. I've found that a wink normally quietens them down.

No need for my passport at Spain as there was nobody checking.

Coming back the only problem I had was in security. I wore my pretty grey dress with a silver butterfly motif. I think it must have been that which set the beepy thing off. Anyway I had to wait. Would it be a man or woman who searched me? I was allocated to a young senorita who seemed extremely embarrassed and did a minimal search before letting me through. In England I warned passport control that they may need to use some imagination but was let through straight away.

So all went well and we can all do it!

Attached is a (bad) pic that proves I did. We hadn't quite worked out the camera at that stage.

Go for it and have fun! I did
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Great tips on how to travel en femme. I followed most of them on my first recent air trip en femme. I got the new thorough pat down procedure because I wore a steel boned waist cincher that set off the walk through metal detector. On the way back I had no problems, even though I forgot to take that little clear plastic bag with my lipstick and perfume out of my purse. When I got home I had another surprise when I found a piece of paper in my suitcase from the TSA informing me that they searched my checked bag. It was a wonderful dream trip well worth the extra security measures. Thanks for sharing.