Thread: Makeup: Know More Than Wife or Mother!?

Makeup: Know More Than Wife or Mother!?

I went shopping with my wife and mother today. When we were at a makeup counter I overheard their conversation and I was shocked when I realized that I know more about makeup techniques than they do! Have any of you found this too?

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    My GF knows lots more than me. If i find something out and share it with her she is receptive to hearing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefia S View Post
    I went shopping with my wife and mother today. When we were at a makeup counter I overheard their conversation and I was shocked when I realized that I know more about makeup techniques than they do! Have any of you found this too?
    Stefia,

It really shouldn't be all that surprising. GG's know a lot about makeup and the techniques to apply it. They just don't normally study it as much or as hard as we do. It usually doesn't take as much effort on their part to get the same or better appearence that we try to achieve.

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    My Mom didnt wear much makeup, a little mascara and she was good to go. My wife wears makeup, but has learned a little from me, in fact about 75% of her makeup she owns is because I either bought it for her, or she liked mine so well she either took from me and made me buy more, or bought her own just like mine. She has told me that she would have never thought her husband would know more about makep than she did.
    Erika Leigh

Hi.

Jos allways asks me if her make up is right. tho thats not surprising 37 years ago Jos used more make up then after haveing our 3 children she sort of did not do much ,then when i started working with make 13 years ago it took her another 8 years & now she does more than i..

Of cause the difference is age at 63 i dont really need it . where as Jos thinks she does 58 & of cause complains i have better skin hardly any lines & softer as well ,
    so why do i need to hide behind make up , many others dont belive im 63 when i tell them so theres the difference what i lack in looks , i make up in other ways.

before i forget did you join in the conferstion with your family & tell them you use make up as well. hmmm just wondering .

...noeleena...

Silver Member
    Clearly the case with me. As a former stylist it will be my responsibility to teach my youngest all about it. I can't wait!

Aspiring Member
    I'm a gg. I'd much rather learn from you ladies. Simply because you 'study technique' thoroughly. You watch videos, you make the time and effort to experiment. I'd assume most of you ladies know much more than some ggs who wear makeup only on special occasions like weddings or dates.

[SIZE=4]Working as MAC makeup artist and occassionally for other lines, yes, I do know a lot more than my wife and other females in the family. But, by the same token, they know more about healthcare and related subjects because that is their field. So it all evens out when my wife tends my wounds and I do her makeup...[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Being a moderator on a makeup forum for almost 3 years.... I shocked at what little my wife and daughter do know about makeup. Lol.
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-25-2010 at 04:28 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

When we divorced several years ago, my ex-wife moved her cosmetics in a suitcase, a large suitcase. She knows every trick in the book, and I wish I had her expertise. Sigh!

Just a little maybe.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

this certainly isn't my issue. My wife knows far more that I will for many years to come.
    Michelle

Stefia, I'm not surprised.

It's true that many women are into makeup and fashion, but there are lots more who, like me, never really got into it past the basic mascara & lip gloss stage. I just never had the time for it, nor was I all that interested.

So it makes sense that a CDer, who is obviously way more into it than the average woman and who studies it a lot on other women and experiments on himself should know more. When I want to know something, I check out the beauty section here and most times I find exactly what I'm looking for.
    Reine

I would have to say that I also know more about make up than my wife. I also have more dresses than she does and more and higher heels. But, for a a MTF I don't think that is so unusual. We tend to more strongly lean to trying to appear as female as possible and are most likely more affected by advertising as to what a woman is supposed to look like.

I wear makeup more often than my wife, so I would say that I know more about it than she does.

Well since the first time I have ever worn any was only this week... and my girlfriend did it for me... no she knows a lot more than me! I'm sure I'll learn though...

All the women in my life (wife, mother, sisters, and daughters) wear at most very minimum makeup and there is no chance I could learn what I know from them. In fact I am far more fem then my wife in other aspects. I own and wear far more fem clothes of all sorts than my wife. However she does not recognize this as cross dressing on her part.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    most of us wear make up,pretty much everytime we dress,most GGs I would say don't wear it as much some never at all,at least they dont have to analyse it the way we do.But It doesn't mean we know more just because we use it more.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

My wife does well with her make-up,however, when she saw my pictures for the first time she was truly surprised at my skill with make-up. In fact she said my feminine look was not at all what she expected and that she would not have recognized me if she passed me on the street!

Yes, i know alot more than the wifey, she rarely wears makeup, I still have a lot to learn myself. Mumsy? she probably knows more than I do. Sister, maybe the same, not sure. Yup, it seems the trend now a-days is for GG's to wear less makeup, to go for a natural look.
    My theme song........."Cherry Lips" by Garbage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaUZkf52fs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My wife never wears Make up, the most she ever wears is a bit of lippy and a touch of mascara if we go out to a wedding or something similar, so i have to be extra carefull that i dont leave any clues.

Hugs

J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

8rys, going on walkabout
    I have to say I know as much as my sister, more thm my mom but less than my wife.
    I have bad to teach my wife how to do eyeliner. Other than that I've tried to pick up bit and pieces from her.
    I do practice a bit more than she does, but she also had years to practice when I didn't.
    I'm currently trying to use less more often, which is harder than wearing full makeup.

One thing I've noticed recently, when talking to a woman face to face, I find myself checking out her eye makeup ( as opposed to her b00bs? ). Still making eye contact but now really “seeing” how they have applied their eyeliner and eye shadow. It gave me feeling of satisfaction when I saw my efforts are just as good as some of the GG’s. If only I had their beautiful femme face to go with it.

I’m not at the stage of knowing more than your average GG but I’m catching up, hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Christina2008 View Post
    One thing I've noticed recently, when talking to a woman face to face, I find myself checking out her eye makeup ( as opposed to her b00bs? ).
    You know? I find that I do the same thing! I check out how other asian women in particular have done thier make up to see what I can learn! Also what they're wearing and what colors they choose.