Thread: What's it like being dressed up on Thanksgiving? In front of your whole family?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

What's it like being dressed up on Thanksgiving? In front of your whole family?

I know TSs that live as women do it all the time.
    But, does ANYONE else do it?

It's hard for me to imagine! If you've ever done that, what it's like!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    TS probably tend to dress conservative.
    Like me, I will have blue jeans, a black top, a waist belt, and black reeboks.
    There is this assumption that TS go around all the time wearing cheerleader outfits or ball gowns.
    No, we do that only when visiting a biker bar.

For me, it is not a big deal, I am there for the food more than anything.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I've never done that as my family disowned me as in my brother and two sisters
    but i have with my children that was cool and it was great just like normal no big deal just dad being dad
    Last edited by MJ; 11-25-2010 at 03:28 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Having dinner with the family or anyone else for that matter is no different as a girl or a boy. You are who you are and it is jsut that simple.

I dunno RS but I guess that would make us the "dressing" for the turkey, no?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Well it beats going naked and especially in Minnesota (12 degrees). LOL If you can do it .

Teri,

Naked and 12 degrees is not so bad,

at least, not if you are in a hot tub with your honey

Danni

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    I dunno RS but I guess that would make us the "dressing" for the turkey, no?
    Nice one. LOL.

Gold Member
    It was just the wife and myself for Thanksgiving. So I put on my black stripe tights,
    a black just above the knee skirt, a New Bra.(YUMMY) a gray top and flats.
    I cooked the turkey with all the trimmings, All went well. My wife said it was nice
    having another lady in the house. Great day after all. Rader

Hi .

Works for me Danni , WEll , used to .

& as we dont have thanks giving here . itll have to be xmas & yes I do with our daughter & her 3 kids * Jos as well.
    food wise its summer time , ham or chicken.& turkey is quite good as well .

...noeleena...

I did/have done it, before I began identifying as TS. I usually did a simple and classic holiday dressy look, black dress, pearls, heels a la my profile picture. In fact, my avatar headshot is from a thanksgiving dinner. It was just family, Mother, Father, and Sister and they knew.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Banned Read only
    Back before SRS, I dressed in front of my family during the holiday meals. It's no different than presenting as a male. You select your cloths (no looking like a ***** ready for work), put them on and go to dinner. The first time I was very nervous. They all knew and all the drama had been played out years before but you never know, one little spark and BOOM. We had a good time, noone ever said anything and I never felt bad again dressed in front of my family. Now as a woman, it is no different.

well it is just my mom and i, but there was company over for dinner, so as male.
    but my mom know loni and is even making her a dress. (photos to follow when done).
    but i do try to be the good son on those days. but i am still in woman's clothing. all my good things are not male.

I have never had the experience and never will.

But if I did, it would pretty interesting...me in a little black dress, carving the turkey on the table, as my deceased grandparents and father looked on as Zombies. Compared to what they would look like...I don't think I would be the center of attraction...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]