Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: How masculine are you in your everyday life?

I work at not acting differently based on what I am wearing. I have never been a "macho" male and for a long time, I was wondering when I was going to "grow up" and become a "man". Hmm, didn't work out... It never happened, or it did and I can't tell the difference!

When I first started dressing, I did act differently, more passive. However, my SO pointed that out to me, so I go for the balance instead. My notion is to stand tall and proud, no matter what I am wearing and be the best reflection of "me" that I can, period. I don't put on "airs", I don't pretend to be something I am not. Heck, I already am transgendered, that ought to be close enough no matter what I am wearing!
    -Meri

Central Ohio

I'm a 9. In male life I'm a biker. Billie Jean

I'd say I'm a 4 - clearly masculine, but not overly so.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by neverenough View Post
    Though it would be pretty fun to go out target shooting in my girlie clothes.. Man fun and girl fun colliding.
    Those heels aren't going to help your standing position scores...

Quote Originally Posted by OccasionalSkirt View Post
    I would say 2.718281828....

I think Karen will get it

I do swing between extremes of girliness and manliness...but I think it helps keep me balanced.
    I get it.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

well if in uniform and armed i would say 11

Me personally?? I'd guess about a 2, though I am compassionate and caring of all people, even those who's lifestyle isn't my own.

Nobody could have called my Dad anything but a 1. I remember hearing of the crooked politico in his home town who made the mistake of calling Dad an SOB. Dad promptly parted his hair with a tire iron. Yet, he'd cry if a kid got hurt, or any small animal. He also loved flowers, giving hugs and the color pink. HIS dad was the same.

Maternal Gramps?? Definitely a -3. VERY macho, and yet again, sensitive and loved giving hugs. He was an orphan from the age of three so I don't know anything about his Dad.

I feel like about a 5 or 6 but i have been mistaken for a woman many times, i guess maybe visually i am coming off at 8 or 9 and don't even realize it. Not complaining by any means.

I'm pretty high on the masculinity scale as far as my personality and demeanor, but more in a nerdy, technology-oriented way that doesn't manifest itself among women very often. As far as looks, I've been told I have a pretty face quite often, and plenty of girls have been jealous of my eyelashes. Thankfully, my body hair is also somewhat sparse, and my arms have a similar amount of hair as many women. If it weren't for that, the world of short-sleeved blouses would be closed to me, and that's like half my wardrobe. Of course, my 6-foot height, broad shoulders, big feet, and deep voice have put a kibosh on any plans to do more than looking good in photos. :-/

I suppose I'd rather be tall with broad shoulders and a deep voice than be short with a high-pitched voice though. I mean, I'm still a straight guy at the end of the day.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Although my 'manly ego' may think I'm a 8 or so, I'm afraid I fall much lower on the ol' "Manly-Meter." Here is an exchange between someone here at work (who doesn't know about Kathi):

Her: It is awfully hard to spell “PXE” – pronounced Pixie, which is cooler.

Me: Pixie? Yeah, it's cool, I guess – if you're a girl. Maybe I'm just not girly enough.

Her: Heh. You are… trust me.

Me: Well, that seems to be the opinion of every other woman I know, so, yeah – I do trust you. I guess my "butching it up" just isn't working like I thought. Sigh.

Her: Haha! Don't worry about it. We love ya! It's funny, when someone new comes in and she finds out you are married, they always say, He's married?! I though he was gay or something. He's way too femanine! I mean, your always complimenting us on our shoes and outfits (and no guys I know even uses the word "outfits"), and you even notice when we do something new with our hair - even before our husbands or BF's! I've know some guys that were a little girly, but you are spooky girly, but in a good way!! Honestly, you're way cool!

Me: Wow, I had no idea. Spooky, eh? So, I guess I need to tone down my makeup a bit and only wear dresses every other Thursday now to see if I can 'man up?'

Her: No! Don't change! It's nice to have guys that we can talk to. Hey, you should definantly wear dresses everyday and keep up with the makeup. You look great!! I'll even help!

Me: Wow. Tempting!

Gee, it's nice to get another's opinion - especially when you have no idea how your portray yourself. And here I was thinking I was a normal, red-blooded American male.

Kathi

Finding my inner femme *~Cassie~*'s Avatar
    A regular 3

Quote Originally Posted by Vir Novum View Post
    Of course, my 6-foot height, broad shoulders, big feet, and deep voice have put a kibosh on any plans to do more than looking good in photos. :-/
    Plenty of us are tall. I'm 6'2 barefoot, & I go out in in the real world- sometimes in high heels ( depends on the plans, as walking all day in heels is just masochism ). Walk tall & proud.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

me

i think im about a 4 wish i was a 3 to fit in with the guys more , but in reality im proibly a 5or 6 , never quite fit in with "the guys"
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Hot Blooded Space People
    I feel like a six, but I've told I'm a little more...um, let's say seven.

10 mind, spirit,outward presentation for last 4 years 24/7........just lucky

Jacksonville, NC (Nope not military either ;) )
    I was a 1 I believe.... now though since I have been shaving my whole body and not caring what people think or say, I would say more like a 2. LOL

Well let's see! Yesterday I started off by continuing to jack hammer the remains of my dead in-ground swimming pool, trying to knock the walls down far enough that I can cover it over. Then I spent the next three or four hours dragging logs, cutting them in to fireplace size pieces, and splitting some of it with an axe. Then my chain saw died of exhaustion and I had to rip it apart and replace all of the fuel lines that have apparently rotted from old age.
    Entirely TOO masculine a day for me . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Well let's see! Yesterday I started off by continuing to jack hammer the remains of my dead in-ground swimming pool, trying to knock the walls down far enough that I can cover it over. Then I spent the next three or four hours dragging logs, cutting them in to fireplace size pieces, and splitting some of it with an axe. Then my chain saw died of exhaustion and I had to rip it apart and replace all of the fuel lines that have apparently rotted from old age.
    Entirely TOO masculine a day for me . . .
    And all this while wearing a skirt and DD forms.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I'd say I"m 5.2 on the sissy scale

Does snowshoeing excessively to the point of exhaustion count as masculine?

In some ways a 1 or 2, I lift weights and practice martial arts. On some ways an 9. I never wear pants only skirts generally with hose and heels.

physically... i am way tooo girly looking now as a guy... so 2 or 3

business like.... when with other guys... maybe 7 but when with women as a guy in the same business setting, closer to 4-5...

if i was asked this question 10 years ago.. for sure i would be a 7-8 probably.

I love this thread! And Eryn's scale is hysterical, but the first one should be "Chuck Norris! That wuss!"

In appearance, I think I'm about 2-3, I think of myself as 3, but I probably come off at around 5 to7 once you have known me a while, my voice tends to go up when excited, I use my hands, and I'm not instinctively confrontational.

I would like to see this thread redone, with appropriate scales, for visual appearance, mannerisms, and conversational/emotional; response as separate answers.

Is being geeky a male or female response? 'cause I'm geeking out about this thread big time!

I am reminded about a young girl that used to work with us, she looked, and dressed, as a solid 10, but when talking to her, and in her day to day actions, i.e.picking up a 50lb box and stride off with it, 3" heels clicking away, as a very strong 1 or 2. I found her soooo atttractive, she made me wish I was 30 years younger, le sigh.

For my I guess I would be a 2. Still in the closet but wishing to get out and meet real cders and having fun.

Judging from reading the responses, I think many have the scale backwards from the original statement - so adding reasons why we chose our numbers helps a lot I think.

I am naturally pretty hairy and have a deep voice, but neither am I a manly super-hero. Also, I have a penile implant (5 years now) due to the fact that I broke the sheath in two places and was born well endowed to begin with. Sooooooooooo.... I ALWAYS appear to be "excited" and it makes tucking not only impossible, but any attempts at it very painful.

At best, I will always be a "girl with something EXTRA"... *wink*

I would say a three or four, drssed or undressed!