Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too much of a good thing...

Too much of a good thing...

I had the opportunity to spend 3 consecutive days as "Leslie" last week and took full advantage of it by going out and about en femme and doing some serious Christmas shopping while I was at it. I spent lots of time in shoe stores and women's clothing stores trying on different outfits and party dresses and having great interactions with the SA's. Heavenly!

More on that in a future post, but what I wanted to comment on first was just how much of a toll all that especially close shaving without a real break for those 3 days took on my battered mug, which felt like raw hamburger towards the end. Luckily, my make up covered up the more obvious evidence of recent trauma to my face and neck, but still...

Has anyone else had a similar experience from too much "girl time"? Even so, I would do it again in a heartbeat .

I believe in balancing the two parts of me... when one part gets too much attention the other part will start to spill out naturally. Everything is good in moderation
    hEll

Yes, I got back last week after 3 days en femme in Las Vegas. Shaving twice a day to get the smoothest and closest shave did take its toll. I let my beard grow out until Thanksgiving day just to give it a rest. But, it was more than worth it, don't you think?

I totaly understand the over shaving! I can only get a close shave about every other day. Back to back days are a killer on my chin and upper lip area. I am really thinking of laser treatments for just that area of my face. I cant really grow anything on the sides or my neck, just scattered hairs here and there.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Last month my wife and I went on a Dignity Cruise. Counting the day before barding the ship that we spent sightseeing in New Orleans, the 5 days on the ship, and the 2 day drive back to Ohio, I was dressed and in makeup for 8 days. I did not have any problems shaving, but I use a Norelco electric razor. I have a relatively heavy beard, and often had to shave twice a day, but never had any problems getting a good close shave. Making sure to moisturize at night after the makeup comes off is a big help. I've used an electric razor my entire life, and I can actually get a closer shave with it than with a blade. And with a blade, I usually "ooze" blood from under my chin and neck.

I think it's just what I and my face are use to.

Bobbi

Leslie, I can't wait till I have that problem!

Dea

Gold Member
    I can relate Leslie. I seem to trash my face every time I try to get a close shave. And that is the first time out not counting consecutive shaves. Makes me long for laser/electrolysis or maybe a lighter touch. There certainly are best practices, but some of us may be doomed by beard density and the contours of the face.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I agree, Roberta!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Marie View Post
    Last month my wife and I went on a Dignity Cruise. Counting the day before barding the ship that we spent sightseeing in New Orleans, the 5 days on the ship, and the 2 day drive back to Ohio, I was dressed and in makeup for 8 days. I did not have any problems shaving, but I use a Norelco electric razor. I have a relatively heavy beard, and often had to shave twice a day, but never had any problems getting a good close shave. Making sure to moisturize at night after the makeup comes off is a big help. I've used an electric razor my entire life, and I can actually get a closer shave with it than with a blade. And with a blade, I usually "ooze" blood from under my chin and neck.

I think it's just what I and my face are use to.

Bobbi
    I got tired of having a scab over my entire face 40 years ago! Have been using Norelco's since then. Close shaves with NO cuts, rashes, or scab!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That's why I am wanting to get my beard removed. I hated shaving for many years now even without the cd'ing so the only solution is to permanently have it removed.
    Michelle

After five days en femme, I found that I had to conciously revert back to walking like a guy and talking to SA's in my male voice. I have to alter or cease my gestures too. Also I had to double check which bathroom I was headed for - a day after the five days, I stepped into the "wrong" bathroom at a mall when I was not paying attention :-)

I too have tried shaving a few days in a row and found my skin raw. So now, I used two different kinds of electric razors resulting in less skin irritation - one Norelco with the rotary heads followed by the Panasonic with the bar/roller type head, then if needed I go back to the Norelco. The different head types seemed to shave clean the whiskers the other type was not good at getting, without scraping my skin raw.

Hi, which Norelco model do you use for a close shave? I've got sensitive skin which makes shaving even harder and have always used an electric shaver but never seem to get a close shave so would be keen to know which ones are the best.

Thanks,

Leanne

Norelco 8240XL is what I currently use, but have had several over the years. The key is to not apply too much pressure, but just enough, and stretching the skin out seems to make the hair stand a bit more erect.

Bobbi

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    The one pleasure of age is the greying of the beard

tina

yeah, i have super sensitive skin, i can shave once and have to wait 4 days minimum before i shave again or it looks like i have a zit factory going to work on my face

I was at an event and after 3 days I took the morning "off" and just headed out for awhile in male mode.

I had the shaving issues and also I hadn't practiced enough in heels so my legs needed a break. I also find concentrating on mannerisms and remembering where my purse is to be a chore after a few days. It was nice to have pockets again and be able to step without checking to make sure my heel wouldnt get stuck in a small hole for awhile :-)

One of the biggest reasons I took time "off" was I needed a reality check. I enjoyed the event and have attended several of them; however going from an environment with little acceptance or support to one where you are surrounded by it, has its challenges. For me it would be very easy to go overboard and spend too much money or go to far with plucking eyebrows ect.

Cari
    Ohio

I found that after shaving that if I wash my face with alchol it soothes the skin and clean the remains of the shaving cream and will keep from having razor burn.

It's been way too long (5+years) since I had that problem.

If I know I have a run coming up.... I'll not shave for a week then wax, epilate and pluck all the hair off my face then I'll have 2 full weeks of just amazingly smooth skin.. No shaving... Followed by months of fighting ingrowns and bad skin. Sometimes I wonder if its worth it? Oh yeah....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The longest consecutive girl time I've ever had is about a day and a half. I'd love to do a full 3 days someday. That would be pretty damn pleasurable!

I guess I would LOVE to have that problem.

Ya, when ever my wife complains about having to shave her legs I ask if she would like to scrape her face every morning. I try and keep my face as smooth as possible, but sometimes must take some time off from the scraping.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    Ya, when ever my wife complains about having to shave her legs I ask if she would like to scrape her face every morning. I try and keep my face as smooth as possible, but sometimes must take some time off from the scraping.
    Ah, the fun of manhood! In addition to the hassle of daily shaving, we get to be considered perverts simply because we want to wear something other than boring pants, flat shoes, and no makeup.

And as I also shave my legs, that is nothing compared to shaving the face, particularly above the upper lip as most of us experience.
    Last edited by JohnH; 11-29-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Added shaving legs sentence
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I got moves like Jagger. randumbness's Avatar
    I did it over a four day weekend (well, the holiday was Thursday but I cut Friday too). Shaving isn't an issue for me, but I hate the way my face looks without makeup. It's too masculine to not have it on, so I have to put it on if I'm going out. So it sucked having to take it off, put it back on, then take it off again, and reapplying it multiple times. Other than that, there was no problem.
    -Tina

Your friendly neighborhood crossdresser.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    yeah I so know where your coming from.my neck area gets it worse than anywhere else,thats where the wonders of makeup come in handy.but whats a little discomfort when your having the time of your life right girls-And I cant just go without makeup on because I just wouldnt feel confident

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I want to do laser but its so expensive!