Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm wondering if my Mum already knows...

I'm wondering if my Mum already knows...

Hi,

so, there's been a few times recently when my mum has bought and gave me tops designed for females. She's always said that she got me them because they were nice, and aren't obviously female. It's making me wonder if she knows that I like to wear female clothing, but just doesn't want to bring it up directly.

I mean I think there's quite a possibility of her knowing, she certainly used to know when I was younger and asked to wear her dresses and stuff, and she had no problem with it then. There's also been times when I've left panties, stockings, and stuff sitting in my room among my male clothes, so she could have noticed them. She knows I use mostly feminine products for taking a bath and the like, and has probably noticed my smooth legs on a few occasions.

Between all of this, and her purchasing androgynous female clothing for me, I'm starting to think that she has a pretty good idea. I'd appreciate input from anyone here! Thanks.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    She knows, It sounds as if YOU want to talk to her, Why not have a cuo of coffe togeathewr and 'chat' ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I think it's obvious that your Mum already knows - a non-crossdressing man sure would not want to have those tops!
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

It sound like to me that she may just know, Why don't you have a talk with her and find out for sure.

It is amazing just how supportive mothers can be.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Mothers always know... Its what they do best... Were just usually to dumb to know that they know..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My vote is that she knows
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    She knows, It sounds as if YOU want to talk to her, Why not have a cuo of coffe togeathewr and 'chat' ?
    Well to be honest I don't see any good coming from telling her at all. I'm a crossdresser, not transgender, I don't identify as being female at all. I would hate to give up being treated like a man because I was seen as a woman. Although, my mum doesn't currently treat me like any less of a man than she treats anyone else because of anything that she knows, so I wouldn't mind if she had already found out, and simply let me be me. I just I feel like because I'm not transgender, but instead am a man who sometimes enjoys wearing female clothes, there is no reason for me to share it with anyone other than people I am planning on being romantically involved with. You know what I mean? Lol.

I think it's obvious that your Mum already knows - a non-crossdressing man sure would not want to have those tops!
    I'm think that as well, but as a crossdressing man, I have no idea what a non-crossdressing one would feel like! I guess it's hard for me to understand someone refusing to wear or use something that they want to because most of the people in their culture think it is only for females. I've always been like that, I've never seen the sense in missing out on something I want to do just because other people want me to miss out on it.

It sound like to me that she may just know, Why don't you have a talk with her and find out for sure.

It is amazing just how supportive mothers can be.
    I can understand someone wanting support if they are indeed transgender and need to eventually come out to people as such in order to be treated in the way that they want to, but this is not me. I am a crossdresser and do enjoy being treated as such, although by people who do not see in my day to day life. I wouldn't mind if she already knew, because of it not affecting our relationship, but I think telling her is pointless since it is a part of me that I would want her to ignore.

Mothers always know... Its what they do best... Were just usually to dumb to know that they know.
    I really do not agree with you at all. If Mother's were best at knowing things they were not told, my Mum would know I have a lot bigger issues in life than this, that she would definetly want to talk to me about them if she did know. There is obviously some Mother's who are great at putting clues together, but it's a human trait. I do agree that there's probably a lot more Mothers than Fathers that are accepting of their children wearing clothing assosiated with the opposit gender, but that doesn't mean they all know.

My vote is that she knows
    I would tend to agree with you!
    Last edited by RozalynLove; 11-27-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Well you've just had five answers, by five very well respected members - who have years and years of experience, to your question - and you've given five reasons that you don't agree. So why do you ask for input? You seem to have all the answers already.

I just realized that people are probably getting the idea that I'd like to tell her based on me having included the 'already' word in the title of the thread, but by this I meant that I'm wondering if me hiding it is pointless because already knows! :P

It's not that I want her to know so that she will change the way she acts with me, but it would be awesome if she already knew, because I love the way she treats me right now, and it would let me get dressed up without being so nervous.

Yanno what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    Well you've just had five answers, by five very well respected members - who have years and years of experience, to your question - and you've given five reasons that you don't agree. So why do you ask for input? You seem to have all the answers already.
    I think you should read my replies again, because you seem to have misunderstood them. I completely agreed with everyone in the sense that she probably already knows, but explained that I do not need to tell her in order to be treated like the gender that I identify with. I'd like her to know if the way she treated me remained the same, but wouldn't want her to know if it would change the way she acted with me.

You are quite frankly lying about me having disagreed with all 5 replies, if you are not then I would appreciate you showing me how I did by posting my disagreements into a response. I really do not see how you have arrived at the conclusion that I seem to already have all the answers. I am asking and listening to the opinion of others as to whether or not they think my Mum already knows, because this is something that I am unsure about. However, as for people's assumption of why I am wondering, they were incorrect, and I obviously have the actual reason due to it being mine...
    Last edited by Nigella; 11-27-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

It seems to me that she already knows and is dropping subtle hints to that effect with the fem tops. If it were my mum, I would thank her for the clothes and ask her if she would like to see how they look on me. If her answer was yes, I would dress completely, Panties, bra, forms, pantyhose, skirt, makeup and wig, and one of the tops she bought, then I would sit down and have a mother daughter chat with her. What a great coming out party that would be.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I wish my mother would buy me tops LOL! keep it to your self if that's what does it for you. Do you get excited keeping it a secret from her? I want to tell my mom sooo bad but I can't do it. It's like a life changing thing to say, and then she might look at me differently all the time afterwards. I don't know.... heck my mom prob already knows too. she used to find her bras in my room hidden lol. but that was when I lived with her.

I agree with Stephanie. I'm not sure why you are asking the question since you have your own answers to the question. And please do not call me a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilmac View Post
    It seems to me that she already knows and is dropping subtle hints to that effect with the fem tops. If it were my mum, I would thank her for the clothes and ask her if she would like to see how they look on me. If her answer was yes, I would dress completely, Panties, bra, forms, pantyhose, skirt, makeup and wig, and one of the tops she bought, then I would sit down and have a mother daughter chat with her. What a great coming out party that would be.
    I think that's what she's doing too. I did thank her for them, and I think she has seen me wearing them around, but I didn't ask if she'd like to when she gave me them! I understand that you'd want to do that, but I'm not transgender, and would feel so wrong dressing up in the style of clothing that I like to wear in front of my Mum!

shyselina

She knows. You should count yourself as lucky to have a Mom like that. Maybe she trying to help an understand. You should talk to her.
    Oh, I do count myself lucky, for her buying me those tops, and a lot more things that she does for me! If she does know, which I'm pretty sure she does, she probably is trying to be helpful and to gain a better understanding for herself. The thing is though that if I bring it up and she doesn't already know, it could change the way she acts with me, and I'd really hate that. I'd like her to know and act the way she does just now, because it would let me be a lot more relaxed about dressing in my room, but it's not like I need to discuss it with her for any reason.

I wish my mother would buy me tops LOL! keep it to your self if that's what does it for you. Do you get excited keeping it a secret from her? I want to tell my mom sooo bad but I can't do it. It's like a life changing thing to say, and then she might look at me differently all the time afterwards. I don't know.... heck my mom prob already knows too. she used to find her bras in my room hidden lol. but that was when I lived with her.
    Well keeping it a secret doesn't really add to the experience for me at all, aha, I'd like her to know that I enjoy doing it so that I'd have a bit more freedom to do it. Although, other than that, there's not really any reason for me to tell her. I'd be horrified if she asked to see the things I wear, lol!

I agree with Stephanie. I'm not sure why you are asking the question since you have your own answers to the question. And please do not call me a liar.
    Please try very hard to understand this, because I've explained it a good few times now, and it's getting rather annoying. I am asking in order to get people's opinion as to whether or not they think my Mum knows. That is all, I am not asking for people to give me advice based on assumptions they are making. Consequently, I agreed with the people who gave an opinion which I agreed with, and corrected the incorrect assumptions while doing so. Could you please explain what you think is wrong with me doing this? I am failing to understand. Also, if you feel like Stephanie did not lie, then could you please paste each of the disagreements that I apparently had with each of the 5 people who replied before she made the comment? Thank you.

yes, I'd be horrified to show her what I wear too. I think she knows but is just letting you have your privacy maybe? maybe throwing out "hey I will be supportive" or maybe it was a test to see if you'd take the garmets or not? very interesting topic lol. Its like a window of what may come for me.

Quote Originally Posted by juligirl1984 View Post
    yes, I'd be horrified to show her what I wear too. I think she knows but is just letting you have your privacy maybe? maybe throwing out "hey I will be supportive" or maybe it was a test to see if you'd take the garmets or not? very interesting topic lol. Its like a window of what may come for me.
    Yeah, I think you're probably spot on to be honest. She does consider me to be quite a private person, and it does seem like the kind of way that she'd show her support without embarrasing me too much! Are you pretty sure your Mum knows too, yah? She probably does if she found a few bras in your room, they're not very unisex! :P Then again, maybe she just assumed that you liked to keep souvenirs of the girls you'd been with, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Jilmac View Post
    I think that's what she's doing too. I did thank her for them, and I think she has seen me wearing them around, but I didn't ask if she'd like to when she gave me them! I understand that you'd want to do that, but I'm not transgender, and would feel so wrong dressing up in the style of clothing that I like to wear in front of my Mum!

shyselina

She knows. You should count yourself as lucky to have a Mom like that. Maybe she trying to help an understand. You should talk to her.
    Oh, I do count myself lucky, for her buying me those tops, and a lot more things that she does for me! If she does know, which I'm pretty sure she does, she probably is trying to be helpful and to gain a better understanding for herself. The thing is though that if I bring it up and she doesn't already know, it could change the way she acts with me, and I'd really hate that. I'd like her to know and act the way she does just now, because it would let me be a lot more relaxed about dressing in my room, but it's not like I need to discuss it with her for any reason.

Well keeping it a secret doesn't really add to the experience for me at all, aha, I'd like her to know that I enjoy doing it so that I'd have a bit more freedom to do it. Although, other than that, there's not really any reason for me to tell her. I'd be horrified if she asked to see the things I wear, lol!

Please try very hard to understand this, because I've explained it a good few times now, and it's getting rather annoying. I am asking in order to get people's opinion as to whether or not they think my Mum knows. That is all, I am not asking for people to give me advice based on assumptions they are making. Consequently, I agreed with the people who gave an opinion which I agreed with, and corrected the incorrect assumptions while doing so. Could you please explain what you think is wrong with me doing this? I am failing to understand. Also, if you feel like Stephanie did not lie, then could you please paste each of the disagreements that I apparently had with each of the 5 people who replied before she made the comment? Thank you.

lol i wish it was the girls I was with... but they were hers... so I think she prob thought I was weird but never ever said anything.
    I do think its in the back of her head. She might think I out grew it. or it was just a phase. I don't know, wish to tell her someday for some reason. I haven't had a GF for like 5 years. (was engaged last time). so she might think im gay? I have no idea but I do have to clear it up someday. even with the sister. she has actually seen me in girl clothes a couple times when we were younger. she just pokes fun at it sometimes.

Rozalyn,

Calm down dude/dudette ! This is a forum, you posted a question and people answered it. you asked for input and people are giving it. If you keep snippy comments going, this thread win degenerate into something meaningless and it will get shut down. If you don' want people to comment on your thread, then don't make a thread. If you were looking for a Yes/No question then you might want to consider posting it as a Yes/No question. Forums are about discussions and giving and recieving. Calling people liars and such is rather immature for this forum, and will not endear people to you.

So peace ?

Kelly

P.S. The correct repose is:

A. I understand and appologize to anyone i've offended.
    B. I'll post clearly next time.
    C. I'm new to forums and hope to continue to learn from you fine gals.
    D. All of the above.

P.P.S. IDTYHACOUWIM
    Last edited by Kelly DeWinter; 11-27-2010 at 05:03 PM.

I would say she probably doesn't know. If she REALLY knew then she would say, here are some tops I bought you to go along with all of those other pretty clothes that you wear when I am not around. My wife knows about my dressing now, I told her after a couple of years of being together and it didn't bother her a bit, but that is another post. She had absolutely no idea whatsoever that I dressed to the extent that I do, she knew I liked to dress up in costumes and stuff because I am an entertainer, but had no idea that I was a CD. I used to wear her lingerie to bed to surprise her, I would wear her panties to surprise her, drop not so subtle hints as to what I would want for my birthday or CHristmas, but she never bought me any of those things because she thought I was kidding. Last year she bought me a ton of stuff, because she now knows I'm not kidding. So I wouldn't assume she knows because she is buying you some tops that are kind of fem. Now if one day she buys you a garter belt and stockings, then you will know )

Quote Originally Posted by juligirl1984 View Post
    lol i wish it was the girls I was with... but they were hers... so I think she prob thought I was weird but never ever said anything.
    I do think its in the back of her head. She might think I out grew it. or it was just a phase. I don't know, wish to tell her someday for some reason. I haven't had a GF for like 5 years. (was engaged last time). so she might think im gay? I have no idea but I do have to clear it up someday. even with the sister. she has actually seen me in girl clothes a couple times when we were younger. she just pokes fun at it sometimes.
    Oh no! I feel your pain if they belonged to her! I'm sure she doesn't think of her child as weird though! I think it probably will be in the back of her head, obviously she won't think about it everyday, maybe occasionaly. Like, "Hmm, I really do wonder what he was doing with my bras!" Does your Sister tease you for doing it in the past, or does it seem like she thinks you still do? I guess it's possible that your Mum asked your Sister what she thought you'd be doing with her bras, and your Sister told her that you were probably wearing them. I dunno if she thinks you're gay, lol, maybe just that your girlfriend put you right off women?

My Mum knows I paint my nails too, lol! So I think that the next day I have college, I'll paint them, put on the nice polo neck jumper that she gave me, and ask what she thinks of it. I might even get another few tops out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    Rozalyn,

Calm down dude/dudette ! This is a forum, you posted a question and people answered it. you asked for input and people are giving it. If you keep snippy comments going, this thread win degenerate into something meaningless and it will get shut down. If you don' want people to comment on your thread, then don't make a thread. If you were looking for a Yes/No question then you might want to consider posting it as a Yes/No question. Forums are about discussions and giving and recieving. Call people liars and such is rather immature.

So peace ?

Kelly

P.S. The correct repose is:

A. I understand and appologize to anyone i've offended.
    B. I'll post clearly next time.
    C. I'm new to forums and hope to continue to learn from you fine gals.
    D. All of the above.

P.P.S. IDTYHACOUWIM
    I really have nothing to say to someone who gives 'correct responses' to their posts, it's a total waste of my time. There's actually no reason for it, other than to start an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannigirl View Post
    I would say she probably doesn't know. If she REALLY knew then she would say, here are some tops I bought you to go along with all of those other pretty clothes that you wear when I am not around. My wife knows about my dressing now, I told her after a couple of years of being together and it didn't bother her a bit, but that is another post. She had absolutely no idea whatsoever that I dressed to the extent that I do, she knew I liked to dress up in costumes and stuff because I am an entertainer, but had no idea that I was a CD. I used to wear her lingerie to bed to surprise her, I would wear her panties to surprise her, drop not so subtle hints as to what I would want for my birthday or CHristmas, but she never bought me any of those things because she thought I was kidding. Last year she bought me a ton of stuff, because she now knows I'm not kidding. So I wouldn't assume she knows because she is buying you some tops that are kind of fem. Now if one day she buys you a garter belt and stockings, then you will know )
    I see where you're coming from, she could have made it more obvious if she was giving me them for the reason of letting me know that she knew. I'm not sure she would try to make it that obvious though, she knows I'd die on the spot if she said something like that to me! It's so awesome that your wife buys you things now, you're so lucky! I know what you mean about the garter belt and stockings being a lot more obvious, but the tops are actual female tops, with the sizing in female sizes and everything, lol! It's not just that making me think it though, there's probably is quite a lot of things about me that would make her think I liked acting feminine! I have no idea, and you could be right, but something tells me that she must know!

yes she made fun of me at work one day in front of her boyfriend. (She would antaginize me about if for weeks before hand)she kept hinting she was going to tell and poke fun. she would be like "aww you like my tutu" and call me balarina and stuff. she would dance circles around me spinning and stuff. then she told him when we ate lunch and I about lost it. I just played it cool and was like "yea I did that but I was young and bored" lol. He honestly didn't even seem to give a shit. but talk about being embarrassed. I'm their boss at work.... lol. now I do not know if she did it to be mean or to get back at me for making fun of her over the past month while we worked... anyways it was way awkward for me and I didn't appreciate it but what can you do? i was caught in the act... at least she didn't tell him when I had a bathing suit on and would sleep in it. (I was young at all the times I was caught by family) last time my mom took he bra back lol was when i was 19 or 20. I then moved away to start my own life and have privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by RozalynLove View Post
    Oh no! I feel your pain if they belonged to her! I'm sure she doesn't think of her child as weird though! I think it probably will be in the back of her head, obviously she won't think about it everyday, maybe occasionaly. Like, "Hmm, I really do wonder what he was doing with my bras!" Does your Sister tease you for doing it in the past, or does it seem like she thinks you still do? I guess it's possible that your Mum asked your Sister what she thought you'd be doing with her bras, and your Sister told her that you were probably wearing them. I dunno if she thinks you're gay, lol, maybe just that your girlfriend put you right off women?

My Mum knows I paint my nails too, lol! So I think that the next day I have college, I'll paint them, put on the nice polo neck jumper that she gave me, and ask what she thinks of it. I might even get another few tops out of it!

I really have nothing to say to someone who gives 'correct responses' to their posts, it's a total waste of my time. There's actually no reason for it, other than to start an argument.

I see where you're coming from, she could have made it more obvious if she was giving me them for the reason of letting me know that she knew. I'm not sure she would try to make it that obvious though, she knows I'd die on the spot if she said something like that to me! It's so awesome that your wife buys you things now, you're so lucky! I know what you mean about the garter belt and stockings being a lot more obvious, but the tops are actual female tops, with the sizing in female sizes and everything, lol! It's not just that making me think it though, there's probably is quite a lot of things about me that would make her think I liked acting feminine! I have no idea, and you could be right, but something tells me that she must know!

Since you are posting more civil replys, I think you understood what I was saying. Thanks
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

You say you are a crossdresser, but not a transgendered person. The fact that you enjoy crossdressing automatically makes you transgendered. It does not make you a transsexual. I'm trying to help you here. Please give me your thoughts.

yes I think my ex fiance kinda shook me away from woman for a while. she caught me too once. god I'm just not good at hiding it I guess LOL! or just bad luck. anyways she laughed her ass off and was like omg wtf! I think she got mad that I looked better than she did in her clothes. But it was messed up. she told a lot of people about it after we broke up and we both worked at the same place so all my work friends knew about it. I was like wow thats all she could say? and denied it... wow this thread is bringing up some fond memories to make me laugh and know now its not that bad.

Rozalyn you need to take a deep breath. (Or, as Presh suggested in your visitor messages back in June – “Now I get your posts. You are just a child only 20 years of age, gonna come in this forum guns blazeing. May i suggest you chill out,”!) Calling people liars is sure way of alienating yourself from a lot open discussions on this board. If you want to get technical, yes I was wrong. There were only 4 you did not agree with.
    1) Kelly : Why not have a cup of coffee together and 'chat' ?
    Rozalyn: Well to be honest I don't see any good coming from telling her at all.
    2) JohnH: a non-crossdressing man sure would not want to have those tops!
    Rozalyn: I've always been like that, I've never seen the sense in missing out on something
    3) Raychel: Why don't you have a talk with her and find out for sure.
    Rozalyn: I think telling her is pointless
    4) Karren: DON’T WEAR JEANS! Opps. Sorry. Wrong thread Mothers always know.
    Rozalyn: I really do not agree with you at all.

It’s not until your fourth post you finally got around to asking the question you should have started with.
    “I am asking in order to get people's opinion as to whether or not they think my Mum knows. That is all, I am not asking for people to give me advice based on assumptions they are making.”
    So as not to ruffle any more of your feathers here is my answer.
    Mum knows.