Thread: to each their own I guess

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

to each their own I guess

I have noticed that some people like differnt things about crossdressing,, what I mean is there are many different types of cd's,, you have some that want to be girls(women),, then you have some that want to be little girls(sissy's), then some that want to be teens(****ty) and some that just want to dress their age and try to blend in,,, I think all have tried all varitys of these outfits and yes all are fun sometimes but when going out in public and dressing in a sissy dress and people see it then they think all cd's are like that,,,, read some storys on the internet saying some cd's like to go in changing rooms and try on clothes and plesure yourself,,,that is sooooo wrong and you just shut that store down for us all to shop in,,,, you need to be kind,,respectfull and friendly so us all can be out and about,,,, everyone is someone else's weirdo so dont put a label on us and ruin great chances for wonderful adventures,,, a shop owner once told me all cd's are welcome until one does something unmentionable then the store will follow policy and not allow us to try on clothes,,,, so what am I trying to say? I have no clue,,,just venting,,LOL

There are many different types of people in every classification,, be yourself but all must be polite and not peverted,,,guess thats all
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

I totally agree.

We all need to put forth a little character and sophistication when we dress, no matter if we are trying on clothes in a store or at home.

In my case, I still haven't came out to my wife and when I do I will present myself as a "Classy" girl with character.

Television shows like Jerry Springer has really put a label on our community that we need to shake off.

I have never been 'out and about' but when I do I want to feel more at ease and have other people's attitude more positive toward me.

Huggs,

Kelli Ann

Some very good points but I think the horizon should be expanded beyond simply the crossdressing spectrum. Think of it as a TG spectrum in that when we go out, hopefully with respect towards women in appearance and behavior rather than the poor-judgement cases you describe (& I'm being nice in saying it that way). The average person doesn't know how we identify. A person who identifies as being a CD may in fact be a TS or vice versa or anywhere in between. My point is that anyone who is part time in their presentation can simply take the whole thing off whenever they choose. They don't have to endure the potential of public scrutiny at every turn like those who are full time. Therefore, in being respectful in presentation and mindful of those who follow in our wake, we are in fact helping all who identify as TG and go out in this wonderful world of ours.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Good thoughts, Amy and Sara J....
    I think it really does come down to having respect for others....as trite as that may sound, we all yearn for respect, and this forum exemplifies that. No matter how or why we dress, or play....we owe it to ourselves to show respect to others, even those who don't necessarily agree with our point of view.

One of the things about crossdressing - and a large part of why I feel society will never accept it - is the fact there are many reasons for it. When something is outside of what the majority consider "normal", society tries to classify and box it. To find away to put a label on it and place it within society it a way that it does not harm, affect or upset the "normal" majority. This is the issue that was raised back in the 20's to the 80's when homosexuality was not understood. Society tried to define it and pin it down, treating it initially as a disease or a medical condition which they tried to cure (to stop other catching it) in pretty inhumane and frankly worrying ways at times. But what eventually has come out (as far as I am aware) is that is down to the wiring of the brain and is nothing which will cause harm or worry to socierty. This has therefore led to a re-boxing of it and now into gradual acceptance on both a male and female perspective.

With cross dressing, as has been pointed out, there are many reasons for it. Some people want to experience life as a woman, others do it for a sexual kick, others want to understand the female side of their personalities - or how women in general and use this as an avenue, others are trans-gendered and so it as it feels natural, some even want to try and change societies preconceptions on what men can and cannot wear. This means boxing the whole cross dressing thing is simply not possible, as you have conflicts between the different ideals and how they would fit into society. Society as accepted the trans-gendered section to a degree much in the same way as homosexuality was accepted 10-15 years ago. It is not liked, shunned but people let it go mostly and go their best to avoid those who may be in this group of people.

And with a ever more intolerant society where abnormal is seen as a threat those of us who are not trans-gendered are forced to lead double lives in order to work and fit in when necessary. This is a form of self-protection on both sides. Society is protecting itself from being "corrupted", we are protecting ourselves *and often our families) mentally and physically by restricting what we do.

Remember society is defined and guided by WOMEN not men. They are the social aspect of the world as a rule. We are treading on their direct territory and they do not like it. This makes breaking the barriers even harder. Men gave up dominance of their masculine world many years ago and have allowed women in as (mostly) equals and partners. Women never offered or attempted to give the same opportunity to men and they never will because they where smart enough to take a lot and give very little in return and men where too stupid to notice.

I think that all the time society refuses to accept that we are ALL normal people, we will never be accepted or tolerated in the way we wish to be - other than for short periods we venture out and show the world who we really are. A shop will accept us until we are perceived to be a nuisance or threat (in any respect) - then we will be shut out. The same goes for any public place - be it a restaurant, a bar, a cinema or whatever. This is society testing, trying to define us again and see if we need re-boxing. Sadly we can be boxed both in a better or worse way and only we have the power to ensure it is for the better.

I hope that ramble made some sense.

Klaire

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Interesting comments on society,

Quote Originally Posted by Klaire Larnia View Post
    One of the things about crossdressing - and a large part of why I feel society will never accept it - is the fact there are many reasons for it.
    Society has come a long way towards accepting it, Consider the changes in the last 25 years. TV shows , entertainment, documenteries, movies youtube, websites, forums, geared toward th TG community , all out in the open.

TG political,sports,entertainment,ativists all out in the open and accepted by society. small steps but good steps all the same.

When something is outside of what the majority consider "normal", society tries to classify and box it. To find away to put a label on it and place it within society it a way that it does not harm, affect or upset the "normal" majority. This is the issue that was raised back in the 20's to the 80's when homosexuality was not understood.
    Homosexuality and crossdressing do not allways go hand in hand.

Society tried to define it and pin it down, treating it initially as a disease or a medical condition which they tried to cure (to stop other catching it) in pretty inhumane and frankly worrying ways at times.

Current understanding is moving towards hangs in definition, similar to being born right or lefthanded.

But what eventually has come out (as far as I am aware) is that is down to the wiring of the brain and is nothing which will cause harm or worry to socierty. This has therefore led to a re-boxing of it and now into gradual acceptance on both a male and female perspective.

With cross dressing, as has been pointed out, there are many reasons for it. Some people want to experience life as a woman, others do it for a sexual kick, others want to understand the female side of their personalities - or how women in general and use this as an avenue, others are trans-gendered and so it as it feels natural, some even want to try and change societies preconceptions on what men can and cannot wear. This means boxing the whole cross dressing thing is simply not possible, as you have conflicts between the different ideals and how they would fit into society. Society as accepted the trans-gendered section to a degree much in the same way as homosexuality was accepted 10-15 years ago. It is not liked, shunned but people let it go mostly and go their best to avoid those who may be in this group of people.

And with a ever more intolerant society where abnormal is seen as a threat those of us who are not trans-gendered are forced to lead double lives in order to work and fit in when necessary. This is a form of self-protection on both sides. Society is protecting itself from being "corrupted", we are protecting ourselves *and often our families) mentally and physically by restricting what we do.

Remember society is defined and guided by WOMEN not men.
    ?????? You may want to reread history, I'm sure there were a fem men involved, or explain this idea in more detail

They are the social aspect of the world as a rule. We are treading on their direct territory and they do not like it. This makes breaking the barriers even harder. Men gave up dominance of their masculine world many years ago and have allowed women in as (mostly) equals and partners. Women never offered or attempted to give the same opportunity to men and they never will because they where smart enough to take a lot and give very little in return and men where too stupid to notice.

I think that all the time society refuses to accept that we are ALL normal people, we will never be accepted or tolerated in the way we wish to be - other than for short periods we venture out and show the world who we really are.
    I will bet you in 3-4 generations, there will be total aeptance.

A shop will accept us until we are perceived to be a nuisance or threat (in any respect) - then we will be shut out. The same goes for any public place - be it a restaurant, a bar, a cinema or whatever. This is society testing, trying to define us again and see if we need re-boxing. Sadly we can be boxed both in a better or worse way and only we have the power to ensure it is for the better.

I hope that ramble made some sense.

Klaire
    I found your omments very interesting Klaire,
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Perverted CD here!

But, NEVER in public!

I agree completely, Dee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dealight View Post
    Good thoughts, Amy and Sara J....
    I think it really does come down to having respect for others....as trite as that may sound, we all yearn for respect, and this forum exemplifies that. No matter how or why we dress, or play....we owe it to ourselves to show respect to others, even those who don't necessarily agree with our point of view.
    Unfortunately, it's always, "man bites dog", stories that make the news! While the 1,000's of, "dog bites man", stories r ignored!

And so, the ONE CD doing something outragious makes the news, while the 1,000's of u who r out there trying to blend r ignored by the media and unknown to the general public!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!