Thread: Funny Situation today...

Funny Situation today...

Not sure where to file this one, but I've had my toenails painted for a while and there have been a couple close calls where one of my children popped into the bathroom while I was in the shower (glass door) and I had to shoo them away quickly before they saw anything. (For background, out to my wife who's accepting to a point, but doesn't want to see me dressed at all, and no one else in the family knows anything... she has seen my toenails painted and it hasn't been a big issue, she seems mildly amused by it.)

Anyway, today I was tossing some pumpkins into a compost heap which I can reach from my back deck so I was just wearing socks... I missed one and had to walk on the mulch which I thought was dry to pick it up... long story short I stepped in some mud and the socks would definitely need to come off before returning to the house... but the kids naturally were decorating the Christmas tree right there in the living room... I called my wife over to the door and explained that *ahem* my socks needed to come off and could she maybe get the kids upstairs or whatever... she laughed when she figured out what was going on and handled the situation. It was a pretty light hearted moment actually after the fact since the kids were so confused why all of a sudden in the middle of tree decorating that we wanted them to play upstairs for a few minutes!

Anyway, I never thought having painted toenails would "keep me on my toes" so much, since even in the mornings when the kids come in the bedroom sometimes, I quickly check to make sure my feet are covered.

Anyone else have little stories like this? Oh the tangled webs we weave...

VS Fan

You could always remove it and let your daughter practice on your toes. No problem then, it would become a game with no questions if they saw them later.

Danni

That was clopse.. Nope... Nothing like that ever happens to me! Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It has not happened to me either. I do paint my toenails during the winter and always worry about a situation similar to yours happening, or maybe that I would totally forget that they were painted while doing something barefoot in the house.

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar
    Are you sure it was mud?
    April
    May the lord know those that don't love us so he may turn their hearts or at least their ankle so we'll know em by their limp.

You take the urban noise with some Durbin Poison.
    Its gonna lessen your load.....

I suggest shoes when working outside.

- Diane

I'm curious why didn't you just have your wife get a new pair of socks and change them outside before you went in?

I never wear socks and never go barefoot (I always have on shoes). My toe nails are always painted plus I have acrylic finger nails with american manicure or painted. Bur have never had a problem with anyone seeing or saying anything about either set of nails

What's the big deal with painted toenails? In the summertime you have to wear the right sandals, along with your denim skirt instead of shorts...

Seriously it's not that big a deal for guys to paint their toenails.
    Last edited by JohnH; 11-29-2010 at 09:46 AM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Quote Originally Posted by Danni Bear View Post
    You could always remove it and let your daughter practice on your toes. No problem then, it would become a game with no questions if they saw them later.

Danni
    My wife actually suggested this once also. I would LOVE it

Quote Originally Posted by April Renee View Post
    Are you sure it was mud?
    April
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    I suggest shoes when working outside.

- Diane
    Hahah yes, my wife also pointed this out

Quote Originally Posted by Rachaelgirl39 View Post
    I'm curious why didn't you just have your wife get a new pair of socks and change them outside before you went in?
    Also a very good point! I guess in the heat of the moment I was more concerned about a clear path to the laundry room to deposit the muddy socks into the washer.

Thanks for listening
    VS Fan

I painted my toes bright purple once and thought nothing of it until I was out to lunch the next day in flip-flops with my brother and his girlfriend. She noticed almost immediately and wanted to know why I had done such a thing (they are both very conservative and in the dark about me). Luckily my girlfriend was there and told them she had gotten the nail color a few days ago and wanted to see how it would look on someone else and I was the only available volunteer.