Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: join the military servise?reason/

Wink join the military servise?reason/

with my new "in touch" with the military stance, and recently reading several pages of military thoughts, I have started wondering why so many of us actually joined. males and females. I know one of my main reasons for joining was I hoped IT would cure me of my desire to crossdress. It did for 7 weeks,the length of basic. But only because I had nothing feminine with me. After basic I always had access to some femm finery. vivian fair

I always love a woman in uniform!! I'd would have joind just to have access to some fem military clotes!! But then the draft eneded... Whewwww...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I joined, and stayed in for 12 years, because I wanted to get off the farm, and stay off.

I learned air traffic control and became a combat controller. Unfortunately a training accident gave me enough physical problems that I'll never do control work again; my best bet was to get out and go into the IT field.

As an additional expected benefit of the military, I had hoped it would curtail my gender confusion. It did not.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Vivean,
    I also thought that joining the military would make a man out of me. The Vietnam war was going on when I enlisted in 1969. Like you my time without feminine clothing lasted only a few months. I volunteered for Vietnam duty but didn't get it. Thank goodness for that. By the time I mustered out four years later I had a closet full of pretty clothes. I guess my plan didn't work out very well. Leanne

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I joined so I could get my college paid for! U.S. Navy during the Korean war. I crosssdressed only very rarely while in the service, maybe 5 times in 4 years. Don't regret being in, and kind of wish I had stayed in longer! And yes, I was on ships in battle!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I needed a job and a couple of my friends had just joined.
    I have no regrets about my time in the army but I'm glad to be out.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I joined the military when I was 18, but it wasn't for any reason associated with crossdressing. I never crossdressed while on duty; didn't want to risk being discovered. But, being in the military didn't stop me from crossdressing, just reduced some opportunity.

The women's uniforms in the military are pretty bland stuff. Not very feminine really. That said, I've found myself wishing I had a women's skirt based uniform.

Like most enlistees, I joined for personal reasons. I wanted training, and didn't have the money for college. I did feel good about serving my country as well as some benefits for myself. While serving, I gained a lot more appreciation for the opportunity to be part of protecting our country. I gained a lot from the experience. I learned a lot by being exposed to different cultures, beliefs, and some of the best people you could ever hope to know from all 50 of our states here in the U.S.A. I knew of my fem side going in, but it was not an attempt to get rid of it. I didn't understand it at all and just tried to suppress my inner self. I remember the week I got out I shaved my legs. I felt I no longer had to worry about the military finding out and having a bad day. It was such a feeling of freedom to not have to worry about being caught and knowing I was free to do what I wanted in that respect. A year later I decided to join the reserves and finish out my 20. I did not finish my 20, but am thankful for the times I had while enlisted. They will probably always be "the best times of my life"

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Original idea was to come in under the 'buddy system', which is when two buds join, you go through bootcamp together and then they 'try' to station you together for first enlistment. Well even though I came to realize my buddy wasn't going after all, I had already set my mind and joined Delayed Entry during the summer before Senior year. Didn't really see myself going to junior college and yes I wanted to see more then just my home town. So 25 days after graduation, on a plane and the rest is history.

Experienced most of what Jenny said in reference to tasting the world and no regrets, no changes..

I didn't really ever have a desire to dress, not even as a child so most of this stayed dorment until the last 5 yrs..with most of my full dressing in last two years of service since it would have been one of those things that if discovered, I would have just retired early. So after 28 yrs of service, I'm free to be me..well to the extent that life allows me to

Well guess I should add that some of my motiviation was each time I went in my mom's bedroom, the first thing you saw was a pic of my dad in an Army uniform. He fell victim to cancer (smoke and painting) when I was 8. Out of 11 children, one girl and ten boys, I was the only one to serve.
    Last edited by Marissa; 11-29-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

For me, the desire to dress is only a part of who I am. I honestly don't think that it had anything to do with my military service. I got to do a lot of real cool stuff (including blowing stuff up ), meet a lot of great people, and have a lot of fun. I didn't dress while in as I don't think that the desire was as strong at the time. I will say that I believe a benefit of my CD was empathy. I had some homosexual sailors who worked for me during DADT and I interpreted that to mean "don't ask me cause I'm not tellin." They were some of my best troops BTW.

my need to dress was getting deeper and deeper and my guilt and shame was going in the same linear ascent. I figured the Marines would be able to fix me. I stopped for boot camp and 6 month float. but got more and more brave with dressing and being around the base. The last few months i was in I had shaved legs and never was questioned about it during pt. Needless to say, they didnĀ“t fix me.

Joined the US Air Force day after graduation to 1) escape the coal mines and steel mills; and, 2) GI Bill

I joined mostly because I was flunking out of college and I knew Subway wasn't exactly a prime career choice. I got some good training, got to see a lot of the world, and now they're paying for me to get my degree. I'm sure there was some patriotic reason in there somewhere, but for the most part it was the money.

It may sound "hokey" to some I guess but I joined the Marines because I wanted to be a Marine and serve my country. Never though about it "curing" me. I am TS and it cant so.. I come from a very long line of warriors and it was my duty to be one as well. I did not serve for long, 4 years but in that time I got my C.A.R. and I am very proud to have been a part of the Corps history.
    Well behaved Women rarely make history

I did it mainly for college money and the honor of serving my country, and learn to be more disciplined. I didn't do it to "man up", but I thought getting in better physical shape wouldn't hurt. I could carry a heavy pack all night, but I never could get good upper body strength.

My dad suggested Air Force ROTC. I ended up going Army infantry, because it had the best college funding. Army grunt jobs get more college money because they don't expect them to actually use it.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

After a lousy first semester of Jr. College, my father gave me a watch for Christmas that had military time inscribed on the face. I got tossed out of school after the second semester, and was in the USAF by the Fall. (I was smart enough to not go to basic training in San Antonio in the summer.)

An odd thing happened in Basic. And, I didnt find out about it until well after I retired. Apparently, while I was in Basic, my family got a package of womens clothes allegedly from me. It was the practice back then to have all the basic trainees send home some of the excess clothes they had brought from home when they enlisted. Apparently someone used my home address to unload their stash. For some reason no one in my family told me about it for over 20 years. I'm not sure what was stranger---the package of clothes, or no one asking me about it. No one in my family has a clue about my "hobby". And, no, I didn't bring any womens clothes with me.

Any of you at Lackland AFB in '64?

The Unlucky
    I joined when we went to War in Iraq because I was homeless at the time. It was either join or kill myself. I still regret that decision to this day.

Platinum Member
    I volunteered for the draft because it was either my brother or myself. All it did was move my induction up one month. I did not expect to get assigned to the infantry, get sent to Nam and get two purple hearts. During the 1960's there was no Internet or printed material available about cross-dressing. I thought cross-dressing meant a person was gay. While I was in the army I had absolutely no desire to cross-dress. After getting out and getting married, I started to wear stockings, garter belts and nightgowns. My wife was supportive, but, now has done a 180. I dress more and more, and, I have found it relieves PTSD. Maybe some shrink needs to do a study on cross-dressing and PTSD.

I joined the Navy because I needed a job and for the GI Bill (which I ended up never using). I didn't start dressing again until after I got an apartment with my wife about a year after boot camp and A & C schools. I only time I didn't crossdress was when we were out to sea. I stayed in for about 10 1/2 years.
    Sometimes I regret not doing more. I think I would have liked to have been on a Destroyer or Cruiser but spent all my sea time on Tenders. My NEC only allowed me on Nuke Cruisers, Carriers or a Sub Tender. I did get to see different countries (saw Sinapore from about 6 miles away as the ship drove by) from probably some of the dirtiest port of entries. Lots of interesting people. And I learned a trade.
    I finished with 14 years in the Reserves. It was fun at times. The Santa Barbara Reserve Center was right in the middle of the big marina and had some prime real estate. Portland Reserve Center sucked. VERY boring with nothing much to do.
    Still get together with a bunch of people from the Navy, didn't serve with them, but worked with them after we were all out. In the Commerical Nuclear business, there's a lot of ex-Navy and mostly all are Nukes.

My decision was made for me. The draft. As with most if not all here it was two years I've never regretted. No dressing during that two years because of intense fear of discovery. As soon as I got out I decided to go to college on the GI Bill and of course the fear was gone.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    I joined mostly for the GI bill and college. was in college at the time, which enabled me to start one rank higher than everyone else. did 4 years and spent it all overseas except for training and discharge. Met one of my best friends in the service (non cd, not gay). never cd'd in service. It eventually paid for most of my schooling, but i no longer work in the field i studied. Go figure. had some good experiences though.

BTW, i am a heterosexual (not gay) married person, and have no desire to live as a woman.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I joined the USAF because I had no interest in going to collage, I had no direction in my life, and did want to serve my country
    Drumming, My other hobby

At the height of the Viet Nam war, I was classified as 1A after I graduated Tech School. I didn't want to go into combat so I signed up for 4 years for Army Intel. I ended up in that job having two tours in Nam anyway. Go figure! You know FTA stands for fun, travel and adventure, right?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I joined because I needed a job and there wasn't allot of options around home. I don't regret joining, but I do kind of regret reenlisting 3 times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I joined the CG Reserve because I was bored. Got married, bought a house and just mowed the lawn every weekend. 12 years later and Active Duty for nearly 6 yrs, it was one of the best choices of my life. It slowed the dressing down a little, but it also helped it along. One of these days, I'll wear my female uniform for the Forum. Probably next Vets Day.

WW