Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have time for other hobbies?

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar

Do you have time for other hobbies?

After I spent an hour the other day epilating my arm hairs, I got to thinking about how much time it took. The removal of all my body hair would take 3 - 4 hours with an epilator, once a week. If I was to dress up and apply makeup nightly, then have to remove the makeup... shop for women's clothing... and the other thousands of things that I don't even know about...

So, do you have time for other hobbies? Has CD'ing taken away time from other things that you love to do, or maybe completely displaced other pastimes (sp?). I'm not great at time management (yet), so maybe it is just a matter of scheduling. I don't know.

Just curious.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    There is no doubt that maintaining a second gender takes time. I grant that there is reading to do, buying clothes and things, and certainly practicing (for those of us who are still learning).

On the other hand, I now spend more time talking to my wife (stimulated by gender-related topics), I take better care of myself, and I'm certainly more organized so things get done more easily (and Tina is the epitome of efficiency and fastidiousness!!!).

So, all in all I think that much of the time has been taken from tasks that I might not have wanted (like getting sick more often! ... no lie, I've been a lot healthier since Tina arrived...not one back episode that kept me in bed for a week!!!) so I'm still planting a huge garden, we heat only with wood (and it's cold here in the winter!), I play the violin a lot, I crochet (in both genders), and I love to rebuild parts of the house as we upgrade it.

LOL...maybe Tina has actually brought me more time than she's taken away (she fills nail holes at the top of moldings with those great 6" platforms of hers!) ..

Good question. I used to play basketball, roller skate, ice skate, fish, bicycle, hike, swim, draw pictures, read. Now, about all i get to do, is ride bike some, fish some, when winter is over. Computer takes up far more time with me, than dressing issues. I only get all dressed about once a week, take photos. I do lament, that it has become so big in my life. There are many more constructive, things i could be doing. But, i am an artistic being, and I now consider my dressing up, as work of creative art. But, since i very seldom go out in public, it does seem like kind of a dead end at times.

I used to play ice hockey year round but still found time for other things. I got tired of weeknight games ending at midnight or later and had to reluctantly give up hockey. About two years ago I finally got the sailboat I always wanted and now I spend lots of time maintaining the boat, thinking about and planing maintenance, and a little time actually sailing. I still have time for other fun activities, and in fact the folks around the marina never noticed or commented on the smooth legs this summer.

I'm a painter, I get in a painting session per day, not crossdressed though =)

Not really. I am too obsessed with reading everything on this site everyday all during the day. I need to get another life that melds both of my current lives together so I don't grow roots in my computer desk chair!

Oh yeah... I've given up sleeping so I can get everything on my plate and hobbies and ice hockey... And work and crossdressing in... ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Fortunately, I am a responsible and well-adjusted individual that quickly identifies issues which have potential to interfere with the other areas of my life. I recognized my CD interests were becoming one of these issues. So I immediately took action to resolve the issue by doing the right thing...

I quit my corporate job and became self-employed.

There, all better...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Funny I never thought that I was living a hobbie. A male or female does each day what they need to do to be health and (be pretty etc.) Same as takeing a shower there are things that simple need to be done.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    Fortunately, I am a responsible and well-adjusted individual that quickly identifies issues which have potential to interfere with the other areas of my life. I recognized my CD interests were becoming one of these issues. So I immediately took action to resolve the issue by doing the right thing...

I quit my corporate job and became self-employed.

There, all better...

I like this way of thinking it gives me hope for the human race LOL

Lots of love Gina x
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

I've got so many hobbies I need Juli to help out to get to them all LOL! jk. yea CD takes up time but its my No 1 best thing for me right now it seems.

Simple answer, NO.

Between working, the other home life and my prefered way of dressing, There isn't much time left for anything else.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Well I'm retired so I don't have time wasted going to and from work. I do have a lot of hobbies outside our home. HOWEVER!!! I'm now practically24/7 at home and do not go out dressed ( wish I had the courage of others). I enjoy the home routines cooking, baking cleaning etc. I enjoy my time as Margot so much that I'm tending to dislike my former hobbies and prefer to just be comfortable in my home. My wife worries about my dropping my hobbies but really appreciates my developing homemaking skills. Now she has more time for her fitness routines, shopping and reading that she loves to do. I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing sometimes but know I probably will not be able to step back at this point.
    Margot

Live it! Love it! BeckyAnderson's Avatar
    I actually find time for two other interests, golf and model railroading (in HO scale). However, I either dress or under dress for both, depending on who else is participating

A pic of a portion of my layout:
    Attached Images Attached Images

dressing has not stopped any hobby. but work has.
    all the off hours I am away in the truck, I get in and sleep.
    and the bills and the tax man keep the checking account empty.
    but I am very slowly rebuilding the break system on my jeep.
    and if my landlord would be ok with it I would like to build a train layout in the front room. (largest room in the house).
    but again money.
    pending time I have been to the range infem.

but only very short hrs not at work. even here I am on the phone as I was forced into a layover and now loose my only day off for the week.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Now that I think of it I have no life whatsoever. My male modes entire existence is in order to serve me. I have no hobbies or interest that are not somehow related to or influenced by CDing.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

The opposite. I find I enjoy CDing while doing my hobbies. And, I never did much exercise before but once I started dressing up and cycling I had a good reason to get in shape.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cee View Post
    After I spent an hour the other day epilating my arm hairs, I got to thinking about how much time it took. The removal of all my body hair would take 3 - 4 hours with an epilator, once a week. If I was to dress up and apply makeup nightly, then have to remove the makeup... shop for women's clothing... and the other thousands of things that I don't even know about...
    Try NoNo (see link below) its fast and effective - and after awhile you dont have to even use it very often. Also...wear your makeup light. Shop via the internet. Don't buy into the Madison Avenue - Hollywood ideal of what it means to be a woman or a girl. It's fun at times to go all the way; transgress; cross the line - other times fun to merge your feminine nature/taste/desires with your male side. Go up go down; skirt the edge; put your toes to the line - touch it even, but don't cross it all the time. Seduce yourself.

Introduce your girl to your guy - express them both at the same time - but make sure they behave! (or you'll be writhing on the couch his hands all over her, pinned down by lustful desire unleashed - lol). How creative are you? Try it and see. A little this a little that; a stylish hint a fluorish of color... Whatever mood you're in. Fun!

http://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/f...r-removal_NoNo
    Last edited by Annaliese2010; 11-30-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    I dj - psy trance is my choice of tunes ... I especially love to throw a mix together load it onto my ipod then go cycling ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHDraMwWjHw

Aspiring Member
    I do enjoy other hobbies but only in male mode horseback riding/camping and riding my ATV/camping but once back home when everything is unloaded, the first thing I do is hard for a bath or shower and get feminine as possible.
    Just wish I had the nerve to do it in feminine attire.

I do love to play piano. I play classical and jazz. When alone, I dress up to play, but mostly I play for others when in drab. I also enjoy fly fishing and tying flies. Usually, a drab activity!!!
    We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

Definitely it takes time away

I'm like one of the posters here, I used to do other stuff, especially exercising, less as I got older. The only reason I am able to do more of it right now is because unemployment. In this case I allow it to take my time away from looking for work, both in person and online and take away time for house chores. When my wife is gone it is like all that I want to do. I know that sounds great and gives me a high feeling at the moment but when I look back at the day and see what all else I could have and should have accomplished it doesn't feel very good.
    Also someone mentioning make up and the amount of time it takes, that takes too long I agree. I get 3 hours from when my wife goes to work until lunchtime, 4 hours in the afternoon but by the time I have gathered up all my hidden clothes, I just kind of stare at myself in the mirror and nonstop daydreaming and that time is quickly over. To me that's not so great if it doesn't lead anywhere or lead to anything.

I think it's fair to say that CDing is a creative endeavour. It's artistic and shows great imagination. My other hobbies include painting, practicing piano playing and I really love a good book. Rather than a time-drain, I just view CDing as another good use of spare time (when I have it).

I might as well sell my boat, have not taken it out in 3 years and barely fish anymore.

i like to play video games a lot. and when i'm not working i have a lot of time to myself and i do both crossdressing and play video games at the same time.
    I'm just a simple someone trying to figure life out.