Thread: What kind of man are YOU? (trans guys only)

A Mess of Contradictions

What kind of man are YOU? (trans guys only)

Thought we could use a more lighthearted thread around here. Goodness knows the ladies have tons of 'em. And I'm curious. So, how do you express your masculinity? Are you more punk or straightedge? Lumberjack or FABULOUS?

I'm kind of a mess. I'm pretty fey as gay guys go - in behavior. But my usual dress is somewhere between "farmer" and "slob." Jeans, T-shirts, and plaid overshirts make up most of my wardrobe. Though I do love me some brightly-patterned silk shirts. I can't say much in the lifestyle department because I'm still in the closet.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I guess I am between slob and neat freak. Some days I am lucky to get out of my PJ's then on other days I have to be perfectly neat. Of course I am Bi-polar and that has a lot to say for how I dress.
    As far as how I present my-self I am laid back and like to have a good time.

If someone crossed Elton John in the 70s with modern gothic androgyny and a posh, gay, British schoolboy, you'd get me. It's a little ridiculous. For as faaaaaaaaabulously as I dress, though, I act pretty macho. Occasionally, I'll have a dressed-down day, but that tends to involve a rush and a lack of caffeination.

this is a good thread.

hehe... i'm a rather androgynous man myself. i don't think i'm going to be cutting my long dark hair off for anyone, but as for looking girlie i stop right there. i've had folks tell me i look like a rock star, so i guess that's my look. i like chuck taylor shoes and long dark shirts, casual jeans or black pants. i have a long black trenchcoat i love and a few other precious "man" items that i can't do without wearing. not everything i wear is black and i do own a flannel shirt and a couple of white/greys but you can be safe to say that i love black menswear.

i assume if i was on testosterone i might not shave very often and be a bit scruffy on days it suits me, but at the same time i don't like to be too rough and i like pretty (but dark) things. for now i make do with presenting masculine in my androgynous way as much as i can to feel comfy.
    [SIZE="3"]~ Androgynous/FTM/Boi ~[/SIZE]

it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved as someone you're not.

Areyan's Blog

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise" - William Blake

I keep telling myself I want to clean myself up and dress like a classy gentleman more of the time - button down shirts, nice pants and dress shoes... but heh, I can't resist really comfortable clothes. So I end up looking like a slob sometimes, in over sized t-shirts and jeans.

Personality-wise I can be fairly complex and have different moods, but mostly I'm quiet and kind of a dork. I always try to be a gentleman though, even if I don't always look like one.

I'm bi-leaning-gay, but I don't have any fey mannerisms. Certain specific old-fashioned, highbrow, culture-vulture tastes of mine stamp me as a big ol' queer -- for those familiar with this type of queer; but many nowadays aren't familiar with it. I guess I just come across as a shy, nerdy guy. My wardrobe is jeans, T-shirts, sweatshirts, sneakers; I'm not comfortable in anything else. And I'm a real slob!

I tend to go back and forth from Metal to classy or nice casual. It depends on what I'm doing. Obviously I'm not gonna wear a suit to work on a PC. LOL
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!

Average Young Man
    What kind of man am I?
    Most certainly an art school college kid that dresses smart at times but can also pull off the almost 90s skater type. Perhaps a bit of a nerd. I was called a twink by a friend once (sorry if that offends anyone) So in short a hipster lol. I'm a photography student and really into the art scene and live on the east coast and the look I like to think works for me. Vans, skinny tie with a button down and a blazer or cardigan with some chinos and my thick framed tortoise glasses. I aspire to dress like the character Tom from (500) Days of Summer for those of you who may be familiar with the flick.
    As for personality, I'm, well, to put it simply, me. Can be shy, but when comfortable the life of the party. And a bit of a flirt. What? A guy can't help it. Although, I always am a gentleman. I never want a girl to feel too uncomfortable.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Hey Shark let me say welcome to the forum. When you get to 10 posts you can join the Boys club House. We tend to go there when there are more personal issues that need to be discussed. If you need anything just let me know. I am the Moderator of the Club House and Transmen section.

Average Young Man
    Quote Originally Posted by mistunderstood View Post
    Hey Shark let me say welcome to the forum. When you get to 10 posts you can join the Boys club House. We tend to go there when there are more personal issues that need to be discussed. If you need anything just let me know. I am the Moderator of the Club House and Transmen section.
    Hey, thanks misunderstood. You can learn a lot more about me in my induction if you find the time to read it. I definitely want to join the boys clubhouse. Sounds like I need those 10 posts lol. Thanks for your hospitality.

Erm what kind of man am I?????

My GF said I'm a typical bloke lol I like my jeans and tee shirts trainers mainly skater trainers although if I was going for sports trainers it would be Adidas for sure I like my aftershave and nice manly smelling deoderant. I like nice underwear that says something about me but makes me feel very manley. boxer briefs in the main and I don't mind colourful ones and funny ones I like shirts with epillets I feel very manly in them with my sleeves rolled up. I wear a cap I love my caps make me feel extremely manly. I like facial and body hair both make me feel extra manly. I like being muscular when I train this makes me feel very manly......Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!