Thread: Learning how to learn about makeing CD purchases before committing

Learning how to learn about makeing CD purchases before committing

For years, I have been quietly CD'ing at home and with bras, panties, stockings, etc from Walmart (I learned about picking up my desired item and going theu the self checkout - all for fear of the reaction I might get!)

I wear these foundational items under my drab clothes at home all the time. I know that they don't fit right and that good breast forms, a clincher, corset, etc would make a far better presentation and likely be more comfy. Also, I know absolutetly nothing about makeup, wigs, shoes, jewelry, etc.

Before I go off an invest a lot of cash buying new bras, forms, corsets, etc that are not really correct, I have decided to venture out to a TG/CD transform salon to let them dress me up and make me up - with hopes that I will learn a lot about the foundations, makeup, etc. I expect to come back with not only an exciting experience but also be a better informed shopper.

When I called the lady at the salon to make an appointment, it was the first time that Donna actualy spoke to another human being! Just that phone call was an exciting experience.

Is there any better way to learn what fits best and which articles to use for various situations?

That sounds like a good plan! You could go in for a bra fitting.. Or just measure yourself and look it up.. I figured out my sized by trying things on in dressing rooms. Clothing sizes vary so much.. And our bodys are non-standard! Lol. Stores like Kohls are amazing. Like the worlds largest closet and they let you try all those pretty clothes on for free.
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-04-2010 at 11:19 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I had a positive experience with a TG/CD salon. I walked in one day many years ago and said to the owner "I'd like some breasts please." She looked me up and down and not only decided I was a size nine breastform but also handed over a number of garments to try on with them there and then. I was properly dressed for the first time in my life (including shoes and a wig). I would no longer be satisfied with just a bra and panties under my drab clothes. The owner, Carla (the salon is Carla's in San Jose CA), is sadly now retired but she was very helpful in figuring out what size I was and making the whole thing seem so normal.

At this point in my journey, I would be so terrified at the thought of going into Kohl's and trying on different foundations. I would not only be embarrassed to interface with an SA, but also fear being seen by my neighbors and the wives of my golfing buddies!

I just got over having Donna talk to a human being when I called to set the salon appt! I figure to go slowly - one little step at a time (in my femme heels, of course!)

I'd measure yourself them and try a new Walmart that has a self checkout. You can go in and grab a couple of their $5 bras... Different sizes and a girdle and waist clincher and then use the self checkout. Don't have to interact with anyone. Easy!! I buy stuff all the time there because where I go on business trips it like the only place to shop. Once you get your size figured out and build some shopping experience then you can go anywhere. No one really cares what you by but you!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Makeup can be a very expensive thing to experiment with. Because of this, I actually bought stuff from eyeslipsface.com which predominantly has $1 makeup. The pigmentation is poor for the powdery stuff, but I think if you want to experiment with looks and what not that it's a good and inexpensive way to do so. From there, you can buy the equivalent makeup that you can find at either a drug store or a mall. Some people have a preference over one or the other and I'll leave them to rationalize why that is.

I've never tried to go to a TG/CD salon, but I found one better: a makeup artist/stylist. It takes a certain person to be able to see you in a way that will generate a sufficient end result and believe me... I've tried at least one makeup artist and she made me look like a scary doll. That was not fun. Good thing she didn't charge me.

Be vocal about what you want to look like with the person you're working with and, if you're still not happy with the results, find someone else. Trying to find a look for you can only be obtained with the right person. At the very least, you can learn and ask questions about makeup application to whoever's working with you. This beats watching any Youtube video out there since you're being applied the makeup and you can ask questions and get a response right away.

Observing women your age everywhere will help you establish what the social norms are when it comes to wearing different kinds of tops, bottoms, and dresses. I look a bit younger (some say 25) than my real age (31) so I have to look at younger women and see what styles they wear. From there, you can try and see what prints and designs you like. The TG/CD salon person can probably help with this too, but a good stylist can help as well.

Hope these help!

Hee hee....just make sure that the items you purchase don't have those magnetic tags on em when you use the self-checkout! I was walking out the door when the buzzer went off. Ended up having them take my purchases back to the counter to remove that tag...

I have a very supportive sister who goes with me when I go out shopping in guy mode. I've found the experience to be a lot less frightening with a gg, and her advice is a bonus! Coming out to her was probably the best decision I have ever made. I highly recommend coming out to a gg you can trust!

I went through the same thing once when I bought some costume jewelry at a Wal-Mart. I bought them at the jewelry dept. counter and when I went through the detectors the buzzer went off. The lady that looked through my things was very nice about it, just the faintest of smiles crossed her lips when she saw I had a bag of jewelry.

"Hee hee....just make sure that the items you purchase don't have those magnetic tags on em when you use the self-checkout! I was walking out the door when the buzzer went off. Ended up having them take my purchases back to the counter to remove that tag..."

Banned Read only
    I use the clothing charts at e-commerce sites, like JC Penny. Sometimes it's trial and error. The bra charts are fairly easy to use for band size. Cup size seems to be mathematically easy to compute, but, the cut of the bra sometimes doesn't seem to work well. I try to wear a full coverage bra. Once I find one that fits well, I'll order that style in various colors. Mail order seems to work best, if you're reluctant to buy in person, although at Christmas time it seems nobody seems to notice in store purchases. When slips were popular and came in pretty colors with matching bras and panties, I loved buying an outfit for "my wife." I find the sizing charts offered by retailers that are unique to a particular brand are fairly accurate. Many eBay sellers are aware many of their sales are to CD's, so they seem to state whether the fabric of a dress has stretch to it. There are some decent bargains to be had on eBay, but, sometimes I've bought something that gets immediately donated to Goodwill. Just do not spend a lot of money on something without trying it on. It's easy to donate a $20 dress than $100 dress.